1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[BulletinBoost.com] Myspace Bulletin Posting Service - $370 income first 24hours

Discussion in 'Sites' started by symptic, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Honesty and reputation are worth more than quick $$$.

gemini181, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Karma repair service, let's be honest.
    I have a bold plan to clear a path towards an honest auction:

-Your $500 bidder at SP has stated withdrawing the bid.
    -'Bids by PM' are your business, and we can still post offers open for all to see.
    -As long as I'm allowed to state in public an intention to "turn the site into something more in line with MySpace TOS, or even a non-myspace related site", then I will post an opening bid in the great new honest auction.

My (very serious) opening bid is $5.43 cents.
    When does the tainted domain expire? (this is a factor in my future decisions to outbid other dp members in this fair and open auction format)

I'm very pleased to help repair your damaged Karma.
    Thank you.
    MGH

gemini181, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

:eek: I understand I screwed up; while at the time was a small white lie turned into something much more. To save any trouble, and not to upset anyone, I've decided to hang onto the site and let all of this pass.

Just an FYI to most of you that posted in sitepoint, I deleted your posts because sitepoint clearly states they can and will ban you for:

"Negative comments about or criticism of the seller or item for sale are strictly not allowed. This includes accusations of fraud or theft, even if they are well-intentioned (for example, to "warn others"). If any member has a dispute with a seller, it must be solved privately, and not be referred to publicly in auctions. A member who posts negative comments or accusations about a seller may have their posts removed, or may be banned permanently."

While I am in NO way a scammer, (which many of you have called me) I did screw up by coming here days ago to try and promote my site and pretending not to own it. Lieing about the true ownership of the site is all I am guilty of. The testimonials and stats and revenue from the site are all real as I have stated from the beginning and have not been tampered with so I can benefit from it. I apologize, and hope this can all pass.

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. waelthmastery

waelthmastery Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Symptic, I appreciate your difficulties. The only way to clear your name is to ask RWD to post you feedback, otherwise it will be really hard for you trying to sell anything in the future. People will not buy from ppl who lies. How can the potential buyers be confident that you do not lie about other things? Sorry that things go down this way.

waelthmastery, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  5. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your absolutely right. I don't know where RWD is though. When we talked last night there was an instant increase in his stats and he said he would wait to post, but he hasn't been online at all today :confused:

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  6. RWD

RWD Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry, I was called into work at the last minuite.

Yes I can confirm their was an increase in stats yesterday, I have not had time to review them today, I am just about to that and will post my findings.

RWD, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  7. RWD

RWD Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The campagin ran yesterday, from my stats you can see a increase for the 8/8/06 although I understand their was a large problem in myspace bulletin system last night and not all bulletins got through

Stats taken from Google analytics

Attached Files:

RWD, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  8. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the feedback RWD. Unfortunately, there was not a large spike in his traffic because myspace had a site-wide problem where bulletins would not showup after being posted. The error has been fixed and DP member "peach" is going to post feedback soon on his results.

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  9. waelthmastery

waelthmastery Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi any chance to provide the referal stats?

waelthmastery, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I see the sale has been cancelled. Carlo2343 said you were logging into SitePoint as him and posting. Do you do that here too?

And whats with the posts being deleted...

Attached Files:

sarahk, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  11. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Carlo2343 is my friend; he had bought 20 sitepoint credits a while back but ended up not using them. Since you can't transfer credits, he let me post the auction on his account. And no, I don't do that here as well.

Also, read up as to why I deleted alot of your posts, it is against sitepoints rules:

"Negative comments about or criticism of the seller or item for sale are strictly not allowed. This includes accusations of fraud or theft, even if they are well-intentioned (for example, to "warn others"). If any member has a dispute with a seller, it must be solved privately, and not be referred to publicly in auctions. A member who posts negative comments or accusations about a seller may have their posts removed, or may be banned permanently."

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  12. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    it is such a shame that this has all ended this way :(

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  13. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Indeed it is, but I learned my lesson. No big deal, I'll be hanging onto the site, and maybe come back in a few months with enough (more than 4 days worth of traffic and revenue) to sell the site with.

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    You only deleted one of mine. But fair enough. If that's the way SitePoint play it.

sarahk, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  15. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I deleted over 6 posts of people "warning" others that I am a scammer. I'm clearly not a scammer, one reason I deleted the posts, but I deleted them also because sitepoint could ban the members for violating their rules.

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  16. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    In fact, sitepoint are actually leaving themselves open to litigation by doing this.

E.G lets say I am a scammer and I am ripping off for £10k

Sarah has been ripped off by me so she alerts everyone
    Sitepoint remove Sarah's posts
    Customer buys from me and is ALSo ripped off.
    Sarah tells customer about her post, and customer has sugffered loss due to Sitepoints actions. = litigation.

17. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

I completely agree with you on that, anyone can get ripped off because of their policy. For those that still believe I am a scammer and will rip people off:rolleyes: , RWD has proven that I do what I say. The DP member "peach" just had a campaign run for his site and he will also be posting results later on.

As I stated in a previous post, the site is no longer for sale and I will be keeping it for some time.

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  18. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    in 1997 I built a small local portal, as I was putting it together I was offered £2k for it. I had no money at the time, in fact I had borrowed the £200 needed to buy the domain, so I was on my backside financially and £2k was a LOT of money.

I refused it and got stuck in to knocking doors, cold calling on the phone and making appointments to see local businesses. It was the only way in the UK as the web just as well have been in a foreign language for most businesses.

Within 3 months the same guy called me up and offered me £10k I had made about £15k to date, and he was going to honour the contracts I had sold, allowing me to keep the revenue. Reality was that I made £25k ish when I could easily have just made £2k.

If you TRULY believe in your project, then do NOT sell it at this stage, it is financial suicide. In 6 weeks time, come back here with stats and get your $5k

gemini181 likes this.
  19. symptic

symptic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thats the plan ;) or maybe I'll just keep it forever.

I figured out a way to manage the site without having it take up all of my time like it was before this auction was started.

symptic, Aug 9, 2006 IP
    RWD likes this.
  20. PGZ

PGZ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    symptic you say your not a scammer but almost everything that came from your keyboard was a lie.

There are way to many ifs in this sale. People telling the truth about your sale at SP have the comments deleted. People warning others of what you have done and said comments deleted.

The truth is you lied and your buddy has lied and you have an EXCUSE for everything that has been done.

In my eyes you have tied the knot and your a scammer and a liar. Regardless of what others say getting any rep back here will be almost impossible cause this thread will be referred to when you go to sell again.

Just my opinion......

PGZ

PGZ, Aug 9, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.