1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why the "prophet" Muhammad never learned the alphabet? Even fools know it ...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Truth777, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ali-2006

ali-2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you know that 1425 + years ago .. reading and writing wasn't that big deal !! there was no writing or nothing ..they memorized what they do .. like poems or such ..and Quran actually didn't got written on the prophet time ..it got written after he died and for fact that who read and write was so few .. like none of the city knew to read and write

ali-2006, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  2. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    God is one... being atheist is best.. no worries..no war...intereligion sex :D

sumit1710, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  3. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Dosen't say anywhere that it is because they "don't want to go to school" seems like poverty and not having oppertunities to me.

ThraXed, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  4. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your argunement does not sound convincing to me. There was alphabet long ago before Mohammad, that's why he needed to know it so that could be a good example for others to follow!

Truth777, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  5. krkbkk

krkbkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LoL.

Read about Indian History man! Particularly Tamils!

Our ancestors read / write very well about 5,000 years back itself.

krkbkk, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  6. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    I am sorry BT.

Have you ever seen Tuth777 condemning the jews for their crimes?

Why does such person behave different than the rest of the christians here?

I have seen in another forum 2 christians behaving like this tuth777, but their true color was seen at the war of Gaza.

Igniting the war between people is a hand in their problem.

Actually, it is more evil than the war itself.

Polite teen, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So then, you disagree with the story of the quran and islam online? Both of those sources claim the quran was written during muhammad's lifetime (by people who could write).

Rebecca, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. ali-2006

ali-2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    the people who could write have wrote it and kept it for them selves not public ..like wrote on pages ..but it never got collected and made in one book , not till after him

ali-2006, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    On SunniPath they claim:

They mention on SunniPath that it was during muhammad's lifetime, and indicated that seperate pieces of the quran had been written before he died. So if that's true, they had chapters, and shared them as if it were completed. As far as it being all composed and organized into one book, the link above on islamonline said that it was completed three years after his death. Point being that "there was no writing or nothing" and "Quran actually didn't got written on the prophet time" would not be accurate statements, if you believe those islamic sources are correct. In any case, it's not the illiteracy that I find disturbing about the life biography of muhammad, it's more that apparently, it appears to be a prerequisite to be extremely violent, to become a "prophet".

Rebecca, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  10. greatlogix

greatlogix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why it is difficult for you to understand that Prophet is Messenger of Allah. His duty is to tell us teachings of Allah not the teaching of text books.

Can you quote any of your religious dignity who had post graduate degree?

greatlogix, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ok...What?

Rebecca, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of moron god sends someone to spread a message and doesn't even give him the ability to write shit down?

A moron for a god and a kiddy fiddler for a prophet, that's some second rate religion you got there.

stOx, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  13. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Reading and writing is something essential to preserve knowledge.

The one who read is better than the one who doesn't read in this regard.

(Allâh) said: "O Mûsa (Moses) I have chosen you above men by My Messages, and by My speaking (to you). So hold that which I have given you and be of the grateful." (144)
    And We wrote for him on the Tablets the lesson to be drawn from all things and the explanation for all things (and said): Hold unto these with firmness, and enjoin your people to take the better therein. I shall show you the home of Al-Fâsiqûn (the rebellious, disobedient to Allâh). (145)

As for why the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, didn't learn such important skill, it is God's Wise Decree to cut off the claim of those who said prophet Muhammad was copying from the Bible and other sources.

It doesn't mean that you are smart just because you can read and write, even Truth777 and stOx can do it.

Unless you read with your mind, you will not have benefit.

When the people saw the knowledge of Mohammad and the historical facts he mentioned, only the moron people claimed that Mohammad was reading other sources, but those who have mind noticed the revelation and believed in it.

Now, we have another sort of moron people attributing to God their qualities while God is Highly Exalted Above them and their qualities.

Such stOxy people are going toward Hell, away from the Source of Wisdom and Knoweldge.

And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender. (46)

In like manner We have revealed unto thee the Scripture, and those unto whom We gave the Scripture aforetime will believe therein; and of these (also) there are some who believe therein. And none deny Our revelations save the disbelievers. (47)

And thou (O Muhammad) wast not a reader of any scripture before it, nor didst thou write it with thy right hand, for then might those have doubted, who follow falsehood. (48)

But it is clear revelations in the hearts of those who have been given knowledge, and none deny Our revelations save wrong-doers. (49)

And they say: Why are not portents sent down upon him from his Lord? Say: Portents are with Allah only, and I am but a plain warner. (50)

Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them? Lo! herein verily is mercy, and a reminder for folk who believe. (51)

Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Allah sufficeth for witness between me and you. He knoweth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. And those who believe in vanity and disbelieve in Allah, they it is who are the losers. (52)

They bid thee hasten on the doom (of Allah). And if a term had not been appointed, the doom would assuredly have come unto them (ere now). And verily it will come upon them suddenly when they perceive not. (53)

They bid thee hasten on the doom, when lo! hell verily will encompass the disbelievers (54)

On the day when the doom will overwhelm them from above them and from underneath their feet, and He will say: Taste what ye used to do! (55)

O my bondmen who believe! Lo! My earth is spacious. Therefor serve Me only. (56)

Every soul will taste of death. Then unto Us ye will be returned. (57)

Those who believe and do good works, them verily We shall house in lofty dwellings of the Garden underneath which rivers flow. There they will dwell secure. How sweet the guerdon of the toilers, (58)

Who persevere, and put their trust in their Lord! (59)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    Polite teen, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  14. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    ChaosTrivia, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I don't think so. That article said there would be a decision by the end of 2008, here's an article saying a woman was arrested in 2009 for driving. They're probably worried that the women might escape.

Rebecca, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  16. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a rant than an actual debatable argument, anyways, even tho he did not know how to read or write which was the norm at that time, he still managed to attract thousands of people by his wisdom and charismatic personalty and this definitely means some thing which you are ignoring.

And as far as reading and writing is concerned, do you think Adam knew how to read and write? i mean if you believe in Christianity in the first place!

Jin, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  17. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    hopefully soon.

Polite teen, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  18. crymtyme

crymtyme Guest

Best Answers:
    hmmmm....wow

crymtyme, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  19. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why hopefully soon?

Finally a law in Saudi arabia that makes sense ! :D ;) :D

ChaosTrivia, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  20. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:

Socrates
    Socrates (pronounced /ˈsɒkrətiːz/; Greek: Σωκράτης, Sōkrátēs; c. 469 BC–399 BC[1]) was a Classical Greek philosopher. Credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, he is an enigmatic figure known only through the classical accounts of his students. Plato's dialogues are the most comprehensive accounts of Socrates to survive from antiquity.[2]

Through his portrayal in Plato's dialogues, .............

The civilization where muhammad lived probably was quite primitive. In Europe obviously education was much more popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socrates

Truth777, Sep 3, 2009 IP