1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips from directory submitters for fast submitting

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mdvaldosta, Nov 8, 2005.

I'm looking for some tips from directory submitters, or anyone really, for knocking out alot of directories as fast as possible.

Those submitting to 100 or 200 sites for like 10 bucks must surely have a faster way of doing things than myself. It'd take me all day to do 100 directories.

mdvaldosta, Nov 8, 2005 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  2. sgtsloth

sgtsloth Peon

Best Answers:
    Pick up the InFormEnter extension for FireFox, it really speeds up entering all that repetitive data.

Also, open up a ton of directories at once in different Tabs in FireFox, then just blow through them at once.

Hope those help! :)
    ian

sgtsloth, Nov 8, 2005 IP
    sachin410 and Anonymously like this.
  3. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use my own online submission tool. I can do 100 directories in less than 2 hours. The best I got was 66 approvals in two weeks. Of course, the website submitted is very decent and high quality.

dejaone, Nov 8, 2005 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  4. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Take this list: http://www.stephanmiller.com/archive/largest_directory_li.html or this list: http://www.best-web-directories.com/directory-list.htm open a seperate window with google in it. Do something like this with google: site:acertainwebdirectory.com + main keyword. That way you'll quickly find your category. Use the toolbar from roboform, set up different accounts for the scripts like biz-directory, phplinks, and so on. Hit add url when you've found the right category, hit in roboform passcards and submit.

It takes up alot of time, but it's worth it! This is my fasted way of doing it.

And/check Web Directory FAQ in my sig for more tips.

WhatiFind, Nov 8, 2005 IP
    strtbykr and Anonymously like this.
  5. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    man, how do i install this thing? i tried everything and im unable to install it, i even looked on the help page but had no luck. what to do? do i need to open that xpi file with a certin program?

ly2, Nov 8, 2005 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  6. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Open the Firefox extensions window, and then drag and drop the xpi onto it.

mystikmedia, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  7. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    <3 <3 <3
    :D

ly2, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  8. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    InFormEnter extension for firefox and roboform for ie works great

onedollar, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  9. kpr

kpr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice thanks for the FF inform tool tip.

kpr, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  10. lsblogs

lsblogs Peon

Best Answers:
    In the long run, you may find it wiser to spend some time doing things by hand, and reading what you submit to.

Too many people spam directories, search engines, and people to make a quick buck,but it can backfire.

A quality, honest firm, or person, should not need to resort to spamming to get what they want.

Its your choice, and you probably will get short term benefit, but it just does not seem right to me. Once known as a spammer, you lose all credibility, and your i.p probably will end up being banned on many directories, which means when you submit something properly it wont get in.....

You want people to look at your site? You want people to look at your product? Why not do directory owners, and other sites like that a favour, and do the same for them. Extend to them the same courtesy you would expect your customers to have towards you.....
    No one can be reading submission guidelines if they are knocking out submissions that fast... Its a joke, designed for falsely raising PR. If your site is that crap you need to resort to tactics like that, then you should be concentrating on the PROBLEM not a treatment to hide the symtoms.

I know the feeling, get in as many places as possible, try to get visitors, but for crying out loud, when people are knocking out submissions one after the other, wanting to do x number in y minutes, then its obvious quality, suitablility and ethics just come into it. Its just a numbers game to some people.

At the end of the day, acting like that is only going to backfire, as everyone that does that will just end up in a pile of directories (if they get in), and those directories will be listing ANYONE... They wont be relevant at all, or meaningful. The link will be a waste of space, a obvious joke. People can see the obvious, and the problem grows over time, as more people spam the same places.

Is that what you want? Surely you would prefer a decent, meaningful link, that people may search for, and find where they expect it? Not in a pile of other random links that have nothing to do with your site?

Less can be more.

lsblogs, Nov 16, 2005 IP
    michaeljm72 and SearchBuster like this.
  11. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:
    ISblogs...

The suggestions people have made still require you to actually LOOK and read the form you're filling out...these are techniques/tricks for making submission more efficient, they're not scripts that do everything on auto-pilot. For example...INformenter allows you to create profiles with specific info details based on name,url,address,etc. Then when you access a form you can choose the appropriate profile to add info (instead of retyping it).

It's nice to do a little research on the sites people are recommending before throwing in your two cents.

Dreamshop, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  12. duclelo

duclelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for the lists, they're great ....

duclelo, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  13. topsites

topsites Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing your wisdom...

With some the ban is for a minimum of one year and it's total DOS, complete inability to access any part of that site.

Way I see it, if it's too easy, then anyone can get listed. And when that happens, the quality of the directory suffers and that leads to low traffic figures. Yup, one thing leads to another and this is one that starts at the url-submission process.

You might catch a new directory owner with it, but anyone's been on the Web more than a few months, they know the difference.

Less is, indeed, better. All the rest of it is just marketing science, and it has been my experience there exists no science, the secret is there is no secret, there is no easy way out.

Can a directory owner tell?
    Let me tell you, software-driven submissions are the WORST, but fast form-fillers don't lag far behind.

Take your time, review the directory first, it might not even be WORTH being listed on <- Being listed in a bad neighborhood could spell further troubles.

It's all about quality.

topsites, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  14. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just submit 4 to 6 per-day. It will only take 10 mins to do 4-6, thats 120 to 180 directory per-month. Is it really worth it to submit to so many directorys?

shahab6, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  15. BlueIce08

BlueIce08 Member

Best Answers:
    Using form software will undoubtedly help you to submit to directories time efficiently.

BlueIce08, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  16. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL, you mean?
    Using form software will undoubtedly help you to submit to directories Blacklist time efficiently.

;)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  17. irenef25

irenef25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Submitting to directories manually is time consuming, but it is the best way to ensure that your website is submitted correctly in their respective category. If you really don't have time to submit manually then use the roboform but don't use the automatic softwares, its just worthless.

irenef25, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  18. JanetBandivas

JanetBandivas Peon

Best Answers:
    Its better to use the manual thing cos that would be very clean in hand..
    There's nothing mush better that doing the manual things

JanetBandivas, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  19. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    Get the help of firefox to use multiple tabs. That will helps you to work on more directory in the same time.

christyzen, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. poojarai27

poojarai27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Roboform is one the best option, its make your submission process fast, I am using Roboform for directory submission

poojarai27, Sep 11, 2009 IP