1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 2006 AdSense Summary - From $10/Week to $800/Week

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry for bumping this thread once more but since it is already on the front page I must ask.

when you say you are moving away from adsense, are you still working for yourself and making money online or do you have a job and work for somebody now ?

my ultimate goal would be in 3-4 years when im done with school to be working for myself and making money online so I was just curious if you were.

CLS1321, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  2. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    one would be stupid to rely solely on income generated from adsense, it only makes sense to have different streams of income instead

Project Mobius, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  3. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea I was just wondering if he meant as in he got a job or as in he expanded to affiliate programs or other ppc programs, basically if he is working for someone or some company now or still doing his own thing just not with adsense alone.

CLS1321, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  4. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No I don't have a job and work for someone else, but I do consult to other businesses looking to improve their own SEO and PPC campaigns.

That said my primary source of income still comes from my own websites and projects, and this is still the major focus for me. Consulting is just something I do on the side, and I'm VERY selective about who I consult to. The only way businesses get in contact with me is via word of mouth or family and friends. The company I primarily consult to, I'm actually now on a profit share arrangement as they have seen the light and wanted to motivate me to do more work.

:rolleyes:

As for diversifying away from AdSense, don't get me wrong, AdSense still makes up a good chunk of my income, I'm just not putting many more eggs in the AdSense basket. I see AdSense more as a healthy bonus these days as I try to move more towards selling products, whether they be my own or affiliate products.

At the end of the day, when it comes to increasing your online income there comes a point where the biggest thing you can do is stop selling adspace, and actually start selling the product yourself. Because the reality is you are getting paid a few cents to send visitors to other people's businesses where they make dollars in profits from sales from your visitors, not to mention that Google takes a healthy slice of the pie being the middle man.

Burta, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  5. bank

bank Peon

Best Answers:
    I went from $0 a day to $500 a day in under a month on a new site, good fun indeed and i'm sure it set the alarm bells off at Google lol.

bank, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  6. pauly99

pauly99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Question from a newbie if you don't mind. If I were to incorporate Adsense in my website(s) that revolved around free information given to those that visited my site(s) around a variety of subjects (real estate, mortgage, photography, health and nutrition, auto care, insurance, credit repair, etc...) would I be better off to have one site that incorporates all of the above (free advice) and do SEO on each page or have separate sites for each of the subjects (maybe about 40 of them) and incorporate my SEO and Adsense that way?

pauly99, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  7. bank

bank Peon

Best Answers:
    It's far easier to manage and promote one site, you can dedicate all your resources to one thing and give it everything you've got.

BUT take it from me, do NOT put all your eggs in one basket like that. I have had a 4 figure a day site totally wiped out of Google overnight for no apparent reason.

From $1,500 a day down to about $40 a day, dozens of people looked over my site and nobody could work out why the penalty and good luck getting a reply from Google.

Split them in to 2 or 3 sites, say Finance, Health and Leisure. This way if something goes wrong, you still have 2/3 of your assets working.

bank, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. pauly99

pauly99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll have to start doing that. For now I've started to move the same material that is on my real estate investing website over to my advice/article site at http://www.adviceace.com

Once that gets going, I'll start separating things out into different sites like you've said.

pauly99, Sep 6, 2009 IP
  9. maximumprofit

maximumprofit Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm actually starting my adsense projects, and i find your tips to be very informative indeed. however based on my understanding it seems that links play a very important role. also google seems to give high priority to domain names that spells the keywords that you are targeting, what do you think?

maximumprofit, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  10. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I completly agree with this. Ive seen it with many different domains. Question is, How long till Google changes this? I was thinking about this today.

Lex350, Dec 23, 2009 IP
  11. h4x0rninja

h4x0rninja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wonder : how exactly did you drive traffic towards your articles? Can you give us an example of any of your sites if they are still up :)

Ive been having some good SEO succes the last months, good luck everyone!

h4x0rninja, Aug 5, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.