1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why can't Google directory ditch DMOZ???

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by peppy, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very dramatic speech, blood sweat and tears and all that.

Fact is that you could never be good enough to wipe my ass, nevermind kick my ass :)

snooks, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You're right because nobody told me how, but I'm sure your posting friend and the rest of your friends
    at DMOZ will be gladly licking it for you.

Then what's happened to:

Hmmm... don't tell me, let me guess... hmmm...
    Oh, I know, I kicked it so hard it damaged your beautiful mind.

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  3. ProfessionalWebAdmin

ProfessionalWebAdmin Peon

Best Answers:
    You can apply to become and editor in your category. Sometimes they need new editors and this is a way to get accepted into DMOZ

ProfessionalWebAdmin, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your speech about complaints being invalid was also pretty dramatic... I even replied to it. Here, allow me to quote myself:

Qryztufre, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  5. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Q

Your spoon is getting bigger :) You are stirring more and more...LOL

snooks, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  6. ourktm

ourktm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google should not use the dmoz directory. They should set up their own. It is now impossible to get listed in dmoz and that is bad for us webmasters. Google should try to help us by bringing up their own directory and ditching dmoz. Maybe then google will finally eliminate a thing called dmoz from the internet.

ourktm, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  7. lowster11

lowster11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I told you before, buy the company and run it your way. I am actually surprised that they have not employed you by now?

LOOK!!!! You can get into some girls pants, but not all of the girls pants. :eek:

lowster11, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So, in reply to my above post your answer is about spoons rather then complaints. Interesting tactic...interesting indeed. Says a lot about you, and the directory you are a spokesman for.

Qryztufre, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  9. caprichoso

caprichoso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't be surprised. Have you ever seen a DMOZ editor support his statements with a solid argument? Well, neither did I.
    They say we are mistaken, they say we lie. But then, they fail to explain or prove we are.

caprichoso, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  10. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I had gaming subcategory in one of the categories I use to maintain, there were barely any submissions and I never bothered searching for those sites.

Here is one Museums complaint! I've submitted bunch of websites to these categories and not one got listed!
    http://www.dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/Slovenia/Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums/
    http://www.dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/Croatia/Localities/Zagreb/Arts_and_Entertainment/

What could the reason? They aren't spammy, I'm not the owner so either editors are such petty souls which don't want to list those websites beacuse I've submitted them or they are just plain old lazy! :rolleyes:

Ivan Bajlo, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  11. peppy

peppy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's very likely because YOU submitted them. DMOZ told me to NEVER submit sites or apply for editorship again.

This is why Google needs to ditch DMOZ, I'm tired of this huge pile of horse crap (DMOZ) blocking my only way into the Google directory.

peppy, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  12. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah Q, you know very well i aren't a spokesman for dmoz.

Or simply there is no editor in that part that has volunteered to edit them....not everyone likes Zoos, just because i do, dosen't mean they all do. :)

snooks, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  13. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Ivan

You only suggested those 9 websites on August/24/2009 and August/23/2009 respectively. When you know that editors are volunteers who work where they choose and as much as they choose, expecting a week's turnaround is a tad optimistic don't you think?

You also know that re-suggesting a website merely overwrites any previous suggestion so I can't imagine that you did that.

As it happens, those suggestions appear to be pretty good and I expect they'll all be accepted :).

jimnoble, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Excuses, excuses... We really need some former US marines drill instructors in there to shape you up! :p

well it was snooks who said it was fun to list such sites and that nobody complains about those... :rolleyes:

Problem is there is no way to know which sites are waiting already so if I want to spam DMOZ with few dozen more I might repeat myself...

Yey, lets all submit non-spammy cultural website and then complain here until they get listed! :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    Ivan Bajlo, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  15. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    you and none , have any right to say something contradictory with DMOZ editors / catall/ editall /metas or seniors NONE ... you don't know nothing , you are a fool , and they know everything / they have experience and they are gorgeous ! for that they are '' chosen '' ones who can do what they do . Ah they never mistake and they always have last word and they are right ! SO ... where's the point to argue with them ? well maybe just for fun ;).

trustnobodynever, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  16. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    :) do you really afford all those fees just for culture sites :)?

17. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ...which is precisely why I didn't take the opportunity to process the ones you were moaning about. I didn't want to set any kind of precedent :).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    jimnoble, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  18. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    you get big discount for cultural sites and no need to mention what happens if you add some free t-shirts :D

Ivan Bajlo, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  19. petemurray

petemurray Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the original post, there has to be a better way to get into these directories.

petemurray, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  20. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    of course precedent to list some non-spammy sites , maybe something worthly for peoples in general except the DMOZ staff :cool:

guess they don't have any logo like promotional ones from most of poker sites or fan sorcerer clubs shirts :D . If will get a pic with you wearing such t-shirt I swear will be my screen saver for years !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.