1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After two years with Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cagliostro, Aug 31, 2009.

Here are my thoughts after two years with adsense.

I have two websites, one very-very generic and one in a very tight and well paying niche. Both very well optimized for SEO and the rest junk.

Both receive around 1000 uniques per day and make less than 10 euros. I have put tremendous personal work for both of them. And more is required.

So, after two years, i'm extremely unhappy with the pennies i get for the space i give to Google adsense. If somebody clicks, i get from .03 to 1 euro max, mostly .10 or .20 cents. I find that very low.

I know the replies i will get here, that maybe the clicks do not convert well. Well, imho if the clicks don't convert well, this is NOT my problem. I did my job. I have no idea why the clicks don't convert to sales. Maybe it is the fault of the advertized service or company ? Why it MUST be me doing poor results.

So, after 2 years, i'm switching off adsense and trying other types of income from those websites.

Also, i'm sick and tired of being afraid of Google. Reading all the time about banned accounts, we all are living under a constand fear.

Good luck to everybody, you will need it.

ps: I dunno how some people claim the make good money from the first 3-6 months. Maybe they are more talented than i am .....:eek:

Cagliostro, Aug 31, 2009 IP
    pctec likes this.
  2. anniseed

anniseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i guess you better try something else. 10 euros a day isn't bad but I suppose that depends on how much work your doing each day.

I do agree with you on the value of clicks. Some are very high and some are very low. Sometimes it can seem like your putting in loads of work for pennies but for some reason I can't see this being any different than any other click based ads.

Best of luck

anniseed, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  3. greatkingdominvest

greatkingdominvest Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with Adsense, but I'm glad to hear you took action and found another ad supplier. There is tons of ways you can generate an income from your website, either through PPC advertising and Google is not the only company who has this option for webmasters. You could also take a look at Adbrite. They have a service where you can enter your own Ad code from for example Adsense, and if the Price per click is to low it will switch to showing the Adbrite ad instead.

You didn't mention what niches your sites was about, but another great idea would be looking at commision junction (CJ) who is one of the leading companies when it comes to affiliate marketing. They have a large varity of products you could promote and earn cash for. When I first started out with adsense I made less than $1 a day and I must say that I have actually also had one of my first Adsense accounts banned for a domain but there is nothing to fear about being banned. Do not look at adsense as your primary income or you will be bound to live a life in risk. Life is to short to go around and live in fear of being banned from a service like Google Adsense. Spend some time searching the SE's and see what you can come up with good luck.

greatkingdominvest, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  4. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    The first year i worked exclusively on those two projects. Full time.

It seems that Google doesn't pay well clicks that come from countries other than US and UK. And one of my websites is regional and in my country's language (in Europe). And those clicks are really very very low.

5. raiderremo

raiderremo Member

Best Answers:
    If regional specific then hard to make money.

raiderremo, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  6. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i didn't found anything yet. I'm now searching and evaluating things. Talking to people.

My niches are, one very generic and regional website with high quality classifieds and one in travel business.

7. anniseed

anniseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Ouch full time.

Yea google really doesn't pay well for clicks from outside the US or UK but i would expect Europe not to be penalised that badly.

Maybe affliate products or selling ad space might be a good idea. Especially on the regional one. Find a local business in your niche and give them a chance to buy ad space to be seen by nearly 30,000 people.

anniseed, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    persistence is the game
    and
    then diversify
    never trust your only source of income

COBSolutions, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  9. diggyisking

diggyisking Member

Best Answers:
    I never saw the point in adsense except if they are forex or lawyer related or something like that and pay $1 per click or more. For any other clicks, I would rather use the space to find a relevant affiliate product or even create an ebook. Just play around with a few things and see what results you get.

diggyisking, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  10. zeewaqar77

zeewaqar77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    zeewaqar77, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  11. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

I have not build a website for adsense. I have build a website for the users. A good and usefull website. Actually two websites ...

I have done some high paying keywords, but the competition is huge and i can't beat them. Well, maybe i can but the time needed is not worth it.

12. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to make more efforts. Try different niche and check your luck again.

markov, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  13. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    greatkingdominvest suggested CJ and I second that... especially for your travel site. There are a lot of travel related programs with CJ.

The other options that would make sense to look in to would be Amazon and Clickbank. If you're getting 2,000 UV daily on those sites combined, it might also make sense to look into an advertiser that pays by the volume of your visitors.

I personally do very well with adsense but my niches are quite different from yours.

Romanorc, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense works best on niche sites in english. What i also found to convert best is to to let float a ad that offers something free ontop when people search for a paid product

EMO_Ralez, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  15. learn2earn

learn2earn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    10 Euros per day is a good amount for me. You said 1 year full time, track down your expenditure occurred and what you are getting now. I hope it helps

learn2earn, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  16. mubashirnisar

mubashirnisar Banned

Best Answers:
    you need to have more users to earn more

mubashirnisar, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  17. Bossman

Bossman Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is hard work but it it pays off sometimes
    some people are lucky and some are not

Bossman, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  18. creare-site

creare-site Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not true ! You Need GOOD NICHE ! Do a reasearch, choose your niche (for AdSense, of course) and get in. Regional sites are useless for adsense. It's better to build a website in english with target in english regions. With some SEO and some luck (yes, luck) you could win more than 10 USD / day after 2 years.
    Good luck !

creare-site, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  19. dhisky

dhisky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Cagliostro for sharing your experience with us. Try using affiliate marketing you can earn lot's of $$$.

dhisky, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  20. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all. I think what i need is to get rid of .2 and .3 clicks. Sometimes even .03.

Google has gathered all the junk advertizers from Adwords. In my first website, google is showing TONES of "work from home" and MLM ads. Scams most of them. Is that allowed ? And of cource they pay pennies.

Cagliostro, Sep 1, 2009 IP