1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$50 Logo Contest

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Topunit, Aug 29, 2009.

1. redeemer

redeemer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    Feedback is appreciated.

redeemer, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. Topunit

Topunit Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the entries everyone, I have also received 2 via PM.

OK, thanks for explaining. :)

Thanks. :)

This doesn't seem like a logo, but some text with a bunch of images around it. It's not what am looking for, and the background needs to be fully white.

Wrong background colour, wrong size, etc. The logo itself seems like nothing more than some text with a gradient overlay, with a Pacman and some coins under it. It doesn't make a logo.

Wrong background and not really what I'm looking for. The text is too simple.

Too dull, and the font doesn't really fit well.

I don't want $ in the logo. It's about general richness; not dollars. It needs to feel like an arcade not a marketing website. The controller is way too basic.

I don't want $ in the logo. It's about general richness; not dollars - making green the wrong colour to use. It needs to feel like an arcade not a marketing website.

What is it? Some text with a grid of black lines in it? Do you expect me to pay $50 for that?

I like the simplicity, but the joystick feels too much like clip-art from a word processor.

It doesn't look bad, but it's not really what I'm looking for. It doesn't really symbolize anything, especially with that black 'mine'.

Sorry but how does a blue ball and some lines symbolize the website?

It doesn't look bad, but still not really what I'm looking for. It doesn't symbolize rich and the text is too thick.

People, before you design a logo, do some research and look at other similar sites. Also don't use dollars, that's not creative and it makes seem like more of a marketing website. Read the requirements on the first post.

I'm closing this contest due to lack of good entries. Sorry to disappoint you all.
    I don't understand what went wrong, I've held $5 logo contests before and I liked the entries more. Maybe because I'm being too specific here, or maybe my expectations have changed for $50.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    Topunit, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  3. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i will post in mins.... pls. wait

katesrobyn, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  4. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is my entry..
    feedback please

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

suke, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  5. Topunit

Topunit Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the entry but I've closed the contest if you read the post above. If you read the first post properly, then you'd see that the background needs to be white because it's for a new design. If you did that, it would probably have been one of the best entries so far. Thanks for the effort though.

Topunit, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  6. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here with the white background
    please to continue the contest

thanks for your attention :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

suke, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  7. redeemer

redeemer Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

redeemer, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  8. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    so this is closed already?

katesrobyn, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  9. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why would you close a contest in the same post that you leave feedback? This contest is for $50, you will get a lot of good designs (although sometimes good designers think $50 is too good to be true, and go for $35 contests) But according to your profile you seem to be legit. If you wish I can try and submit a design, but I wont start anything until I know if it's closed or not.

EDIT: You not only closed a contest while people were working really hard on designs for YOU, but you sat here and told someone that their design would be the best, if only the background were a different color, but that it doesn't matter because you closed the contest. ..I'm sorry, but this is extremely disrespectful to us designers. VERY.

V06-TECH, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  10. joidiamonds

joidiamonds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow... yea.
    Perhaps the CH never had any plans on actually finding(buying) a logo. I mean come on You close it right after feedback? You give feedback so we can know if were on the right path, and what we need to change to fit what your looking for. So it lasted one day.... before you said "nevermind". When the contest was suppose 2 last 3. You had plans on waiting 3 days, but all of a sudden 24 was enough.
    bogus!

btw suke- i love your design

joidiamonds, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  11. Topunit

Topunit Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feel free to say what you like, but I was intending on finding a logo.

I actually decided to close the contest shortly after I provided the feedback, so I edited the post. What, should I apologise for at least providing feedback or not double-posting? V06-TECH, that is exactly one of the reasons I closed the contest. About half of the people didn't even bother to fully read the contest requirements, and many used external images. I don't think I'll be holding a contest here again. But being respectful, there were some reasonable entries.

I have already apologised about closing the contest, and I do so again. It pains me to have to let people's efforts go to waste.

Topunit, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  12. V06-TECH

V06-TECH Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If it "pains" you so bad to let people's efforts go to waste, then you would have never closed the contest! And why would you go elsewhere? You are judging a book by it's cover. You gave 24 hours for the contest and then decided to close and go elsewhere? If you took the time to explore other contests, you would realize how many great designers there are here, that are designing incredibly good logos for under $50, and creating them with 100% originality. Instead of throwing it off as us, the designers, being the problem, maybe you could have re-thought your strategy, considering other contests are doing quite well here, for cheaper prices then yours. And you say that one of the EXACT reasons you closed the contest, is because people weren't reading the contest requirements? As a contest holder, you should hold the duty to provide feedback and give a chance for those designers who made mistakes to fix their entries. Especially considering you never stated in your contest rules that you had the right to close the contest at any time. No this is not required, but when you use the words you chose, it makes people think that someone WOULD win, and be payed $50. On another note, there were quite a lot of nice entries here, and think about it.. you gave 24 hours. The best designers here are busy working on 5-20 contests at once usually. You need to allow time for people to sign on, find your contest, find time to work on an entry, then find time to submit it. What does closing the contest even do for you? Instead, you could have simply claimed that you are unsatisfied, and may close the contest if you wish, but for designers to keep trying if they would like. Suke came up with a very nice logo, and you even said yourself that it is one of the best... you closed the contest due to the lack of good logos, and yet when you received a good logo, you just walked away.

Please dont take any of this as an insult. Or as a put down. I hope my word will help you run better contests in the future. Not just to seccure yourself, but to seccure the designers, and to achieve better results that will satisfy you.

I had started an entry, and I know many others also started, and then all those who started and finished their entries. Your words and actions are a great deal of disrespect to this community, and I know how much these designers worked on their entries. Its one thing for you to close a contest, but its another thing for you to do it for the reasons you did. And then to say that you probably won't be holding a contest here again.

Thank you if you actually took the time to read all this ^_^ If you re-open the contest, I will be sure to enter.

V06-TECH, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  13. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks joidiamonds:)

I am totally agree with you, V06-TECH!

suke, Aug 30, 2009 IP