1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Few Questions On Marketing Free Trial CPA offers

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by WebmasterB, Aug 28, 2009.

I've recently heard that Google have been banning merchants and affiliates that are promoting free trial offers such as Weight Loss supplements (Acai), biz-opp offers, and free grant offers. I've heard it's because they force customers into a re-billing cycle. I've been looking to promote these offers so I want to ask a few questions to make sure it's safe:

1. Does Google ban other type of membership sites? For example, would promoting a membership site in the make-money online niche (for example, a membership site on SEO tactics) that charges customers monthly be ok in Google's eyes?

2. Do Yahoo and MSN care about promoting free-trial offers that Google is trying to ban?

3. If I'm promoting a supplement that gives customers a choice whether or not they can go into a re-billing cycle (they have the option and choice whether they can take it or not), would that be ok in Google's eyes?

Thank you in advance.

WebmasterB, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  2. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Most of the time Google doesn't care unless you are using an offer which uses there name without consent, or if it's a shady offer that makes it difficult for people to cancel

2. I have heard Yahoo does, but MSN doesn't

3. Google generally dislikes the "scammy" type of rebill offers, it really varies offer by offer

ChrisBa, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  3. GautamSaha

GautamSaha Member

Best Answers:
    Are these rebill offers, really legal? ... Any advice from the experienced folks?
    I am just starting off to promote CPA offers and don't want get into trouble...

Cheers!

GautamSaha, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  4. WebmasterB

WebmasterB Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I tell which offer is legal in Google's eyes or not? Is it that any offer that forces people into re-billing cycle frowned upon by Google?

Would it be ok if I promoted offers that gave the option to customers there or not they wanted to get into a rebilling program?

WebmasterB, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  5. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Rebills cause the problems, and Google actually gets blamed by some consumers, as they have allowed the advertisers to promote these products on their service.

That's why Google does not like Rebills, and it has NOTHING to do with "hating affiliates," as some people have claimed.

clenard, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  6. tmltml

tmltml Peon

Best Answers:
    Also some offers are worse then others regarding the TOS info. Some make it fairly noticeable while other bury the text in small letters at the end of the offer page.

tmltml, Aug 31, 2009 IP