1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why the "prophet" Muhammad never learned the alphabet? Even fools know it ...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Truth777, Aug 29, 2009.

Why the "prophet" Muhammad never learned the alphabet? Even fools know it ...
    It is said by historians and widely believed by muslims that he was "unlettered".

IMO this is just another sign he was not a true prophet.

Come on, does it really make sense God to pick up a man to be an example for others to follow who doesn't know how to read and write?

God loves the wise, not the fool. God loves educated people. How can the average Ali get educated and smart if he follows the example of Muhammad never to learn the alphabet?

Please don't say this was just another miracle from God.

Even if he managed to learn 1 letter every 3 days he would have learned the alphabet in about 4 months provided he had some brains. Why he never put any efforts to learn it?

My answer is he managed to convince the people around himself he was a prophet and who obviously were uneducated themselves and fell into believing him. When approx 97% of the people don't know how to read and write it is easier to convince them that a messenger from God is not supposed to be a learned man, he was one of them. And if somebody happened to question his prophethood he was either kicked out or beheaded.
    Because everyone who talks against the Prophet shall be killed, right muslims?

In which other religion the prophet didn't know how to read and write? I don't think there is any.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    Truth777, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's no such thing as a prophet, or 'God' for that matter. What do you think this is, the Dark Ages? :rolleyes:

Masterful, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  3. wahyu

wahyu Peon

Best Answers:
    No "religion war" please....

wahyu, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  4. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please stick to the topic. I know muslims don't like questioning the prophethood of muhammad, but in the free world we like to question everything.
    In the west we do have freedom of speach.
    Thank you.

5. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why always talking about Islam and Muslims ???
    Can you justify your religion completely. You can't!

Every religion has some flaws in it. ( My opinion )
    These flaws would have been made by man in the long run.

People would have edited and altered the religion as per their requirements.
    Even better, there are different perspectives and explanations for the same teachings / verses.
    Most verses would be in a flow.So, they will be highly contextual and relevant to the flow of sequence.
    If you take them out and discuss them without the context, it can / will make a completely different meaning.

I fail to understand why some people always try to be evangelistic.
    Don't tell me that it your duty to spread the Truth and is the betterment of me.

If that's the case teach me your $200 per day money making method. I promise you, It will make me more happy.

ps. I'm not a muslim. I'm just someone who doesn't like a section of people targeting others.

mdvasanth86, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  6. ali-2006

ali-2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    the secret behind the prophet not knowing to read or write and keep like that is a proof to show to people that he didn't made up the holy book "Quran"

so if he knew to read and write the people would say that he made it up but as he don't know to read and write how come he got the "Quran" which is very detailed and don't have any linguistic mistakes !!

Allah"God" has passed it to him so he pass it to people

I hope you just don't fold your self up and run behind every thing you think or see would prove that Islam is wrong or such a thing

ali-2006, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    According to the quran, muhammad did not actually write the quran. Those that did have the ability to write, wrote down what he said. How does the fact that muhammad had the ability to speak, prove somehow that what he said is true?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    Rebecca, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  8. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, your reasoning surprised me.

Why muhammad's inability to read and write is a proof he didn't make up the quran?

I simply don't buy that logic. For me it gives exactly the opposite proof, that the quran is invented by him.

9. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    Since when Writing and reading have become the only criteria of being knowledgeable and intelligent ?

For Someone whose Mentor and Teacher is Allah Almighty Himself no other learning was necessary

and even if Prophet Muhammad (PUBH) was able to read and write you 'Truth777' would still be not believing in Him and would have tried to find some other excuse, as it is clear from all your threads that your only goal is to malign Islam and Muslims

new, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  10. amir_daman

amir_daman Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, first of all, I know all OTHER religions have flaws and unguided truths, but Islam is the flawless religion. I would like 'Truth777' (who i believe is christian by faith) to even explain the "Holy Trinity" without getting into a pickle- let alone proving it....
    Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, yet muslims do nothing to propogate Islam, why is this? its because once you remove that barrier of ignorance you see a truthful light.. that makes sense.

Prophet Muhammed was ranked 1st in the all famous "The 100 Most Influential Persons in History" by Michael H. Hart for a reason. His illiteracy is not important if you are not going to believe Islam... but his actions and lessons are! And yes.. the same can be said about Prophet Isaa (Jesus)

We Muslims do believe He was illeterate, He was chosen by Allah because of his wonderful character, and the fact that (AT THE TIME) He could not read or write... Because if he was a scientist... Historians would say all the scientific facts written in the Quran (1400 years ago) were Discovered by Him, not Allah. If He was doctor.. Historians would have said all the Medical revaluations (revealed 1400 years ago).. were from Dr Muhammed not Allah etc etc.

Hope that helped

amir_daman, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  11. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, this will not help him at all.

wmghori, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  12. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Truth, I agree with the rest.
    Islam doesn't make "less historical sense" than Christianity, if this is what you are trying to convince us.
    Both are fairy tales, and If I were to compare "probability of validity" for fairy tales, I would say that an illiterate prophet is more likely than a virgin's birth.

and check out this GREAT comment by new. A single sentence that is all you need to quote to explain why the Islamic world (countries) has a negligible contribution today in all fields of science:

ChaosTrivia, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  13. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    Knowledge and Intelligence has a lot more to it than just 'science'

new, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  14. george.UK

george.UK Active Member

Best Answers:
    i never understand the reason for these kind of Threads, and believe it or not its most of the time Christain who are targetting muslims, that's what we can see in the world as well. Palestine, iran, Iraq, Bosnia, separated states of Russian Kashmir.In all those palces only Muslims who are under the cloud.

And for Christian, they belive on Jesus, i can bet Muslims believe and respect Jesus more then the christain Do.

Islam preaches Love and peace, its the fault of current Muslims who are not following the religion accordingly. If a few muslims are not doing right that does not mean Muhammad and Quran is wrong, Just like if George Bush and Hitler are Christain that mean all christain and Jesus (God Forbids me), are Bad.

Whatever you say; it is a fact that Islam is the Fastest Growing Religion is the world. and i think in the whole world its only in Saudia Arabia where all the laws are according to Quran and you can check the crime rate, drugs, rape cases ...... you will find that they are on the lowest side compare to the whole world. CAN ANY ONE ANSWER WHY IS THAT? There are many countries like Iran, iraq, Kuwait, Dubai, Egypt they are all muslims countries but they are not practicing Muslims, Laws are not according to Islam

CHeers

george.UK, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    George, respectfully, things might go better, if the question "Can Any one Answer why is that?" weren't so selective. For example, I posed what I think is a fair set of questions, to be dealt with openly. I got nothing, really, with a couple of exceptions (comments and thanks made there).

I am having trouble squaring the thought Muslims are getting a raw deal (and I think they do, in some ways - something I've discussed on many threads), with the fact you (don't know if you are Muslim or not), others refuse to answer certain questions put out there. Until you or other Muslims do, my sympathy for some of your sentiments here must be tempered with my astonishment at the refusal to answer questions put in other areas, esp. when those questions ask fairly on issues that concern, or should concern, us all.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    northpointaiki, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  16. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let me phrase it differently for you:
    Being able to read and write is a mandatory, however not sufficient, condition for having Knowledge and Intelligence!

ChaosTrivia, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  17. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Historically arabic and moslem countries have contributed greatly to the progress of science and mathematics.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
    It's not the religion that halts progress, it's the way politicians twist it to their own ends.

magda, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  18. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all I will not believe anybody is "all good" if I don't see that everything in him, in his actions, and in his past is all good. Boy, I feel that Muhammad's quran is being used by terrorist to impose their will on others, dictators to oppress others, men to abuse women, PEDOFILES TO RAPE GIRLS LEGALY. And all this is done in 21st century. Don't tell me please this is a lie. Because the proof is all over the news.

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia
    The state of women's rights in Saudi Arabia has been likened by many to a system of apartheid, analogous to South Africa's treatment of non-whites during South Africa's apartheid era.[1][2][3] Those who use this analogy argue that Saudi Arabia has system of control including separate schools, inequities in legal rights, unequal access to property and jobs, and restrictions on freedom of movement imposed only on women.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

Saudi Arabia claims to be the "model to follow" for the muslim world. Imagine what the world would be like if Islam takes over .....

That's why the more people find out who Muhammad really was, the less women will be getting oppressed, abused and raped around the world, the better lives they will have.

This topic is not antimuslim, it is to show that Muhammad was not a perfect man as most muslims believe.

Truth777, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Absolutely - I completely agree, and I do not think the west has properly understood where some of its greatest scientific and mathematical achievements come from.

That said, these contributions happened centuries ago, under a fairly enlightened Caliphate, in many ways. My concern is that now, as with any strictly literal religious understanding, science and fundamentalist Islam (as with science and fundamentalist anything else) has come to a standstill.

northpointaiki, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  20. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason for thee standstill is not Islam , the problem lies with the corrupt rulers and dictators which have been imposed at the Muslims, who only serve their western masters and nothing else

new, Aug 30, 2009 IP