1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question for article marketers - How much do you make per month ?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by simplyjo, Aug 22, 2009.

1. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Robert already said, it is possible, BUT only when you are doing article marketing on a bigger scale, knowing how to write proper articles in large quantities.

If you are going to submit 5 articles a day, and then expect $500/days - forget that.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  2. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Lord no, about 20 articles per day for me includes 2-3 articles per product and I promote about 20 products (not all Clickbank) so I don't write articles for every product every day. I usually write 3 articles per product about twice a week.

My articles make me approx $20-$25 each so as long as I keep submitting 20 a day I'll make about $500 a day. It kinda sucks though so I need to work more on list building and automating stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2009
    hamidap, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  3. DollarsComeEasy

DollarsComeEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahahahahaha I love how people always talk about writing A LOT of articles.

Let me say something. Why would you write an article just to get a few views per article?
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

YES it is possible and with just a few articles you can.

1) pick keywords
    2) write AN article, not articles. Just 1 or a few not hundreds.
    3) build backlinks for the highly searched keywords and dominate them.

There you go, 300+ views / day per article you write.
    It's a good return on investment.

And for building backlinks, you can easily outsource for just $10 per article. And the article then makes you tens and hundreds of dollars.
    And a little upkeep of $1 / week per article and you'll have that income for life.

Instead of making one sale from that article.
    You make sales for life.

lol @ the noobs that write in numbers
    Where do you plan on getting the traffic?
    EzineArticles? Give me a break.

DollarsComeEasy, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Not when you can easily write 50 articles per day. Then you only need 10-20 views each and you're in good shape. I'm glad you're so confident after a whole 2 posts on this forum.

dlm, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  5. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, thank you.

EMO_Ralez, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  6. DollarsComeEasy

DollarsComeEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    You think 2 posts on this forum means anything?
    Because of that I'm new to this and know nothing?
    Fine with me because this is still common sense.

You might want to think about reaching the huge hungry crowd that is looking for your product instead of trying to get some lame traffic from EzineArticles and a few from Google.

And maybe getting some long term money for your work.

Sure go a head and keep on making nothing per article while I add $20+ to my daily income for each and every article I write.

My income just keeps on rising.
    While your income flies up and down, but still never reaches anything.

Don't you want to get out of the "trade time for money" type of 9-5 work?
    You're such an entrepreneur! Bravo!

Edit: And bravo for registering in 2006 and having 1,700+ posts on THIS forum. That says very much about you.
    If your such an expert I would think you would be tired of this forum already.
    The intelligence in here isn't very high. And it has nothing to offer.

PWNED
    And don't even try to mention anything about the thread that I just started.
    Good Night.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    DollarsComeEasy, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  7. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, theres always one in every thread...

tonyran, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a genius on this forum...

dlm, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  9. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are tons of EZA articles getting good SERP on regular basis. Your suggested business model do work, No Doubt It! But again tons of submissions are also coming in and giving fairly good competition.

Basically, what we have to do is, utilize our strengths 100%. If we are good at writing articles, we have to think about scaling up. Same thing applies with SEO.

BTW, let me tell you, now a day, building links for EZA articles are not that easy, major SB sites are not accepting EZA articles. I knew there are tons of other ways to build link but again its a personal choice what path he chooses.

I personally had done both, mass article submission and SEO. As far as SEO for EZA is concern I don't have luck with it, On the other hand, my Squido lenses, hupages and web2.0 entities rank pretty good.

Conclusion is you can earn money by submitting tons of articles on EZA or building links to dozens of articles, it is totally depends on what skills you have and how you utilize and scale it.

1) I have started slowly, say about 100 articles a month about 12 months back, but I constantly improve my article number from 100 to 500 in six months. From last six months I am submitting 450-500 articles every single month.

2)See while testing a niche, I do a cross campaign with adword by spending $300 per niche. In this adword campaign I try to find atleast 4-5 converting keywords and then write articles using those keywords.

I would like to suggest one more technique which I had used previously; If you are not willing to invest in adword then do a strong keyword research. Find atleast 9 keyword which you feel which will convert and then make a group of three most relevant to each other and then release this group every week. Track result for the week and see which group gets good sales. and write more on it. Isn't it smart way to reduce cost and efforts and maximize your profit? Ha Ha it is.:D

3) Yes I do outsource my articles, because I like to scale things.

Hope I am able to help you.

Robert25, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  10. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Robert, DLM and jm55,

I'm looking at the numbers, and they don't seem to add up.

Please help me understand what you guys are saying here.

You say that you are writing 20 + articles a day.

I am going to assume that you guys are writing at least halfway decent articles as this increases your odds in getting more readers to go to your site.

So, is it safe to assme that it takes at least 30 minutes to write a good article? So we are talking, what, 10 hour days?

Now, when we break the numbers down, something doesn't make sense. ... It just doesn't add up.

Let's say, for example, you write 120 articles a week. And let's say that for each article, you get, maybe, 100 readers for each article during that week.

(After a week, if that long, the readership falls to a few every now and then because these articles are now buried by other writers' new articles coming in.)

120 articles a week X 100 readers for each article = 12,000 combined readers for the week.

Is that about right?

Okay, this is where the numbers do not make sense to where you are saying that you are making $100 a day and $500 a day.

And please, I am not insinuating anything.

First off, of those 12,000 readers, a certain percentage will not read the enitre article. Let's say, 10% will not, which is safe to assume that is pretty low. It is probably much higher.

Okay, that brings the number down to 10,800.

Very few will click on your url. So, rough estimate, maybe 10% of them will.

1,080 will be going to your site.

Now, if you do have a good product, and you got your conversion at a good rate, let's say that it is 1 out of 100, which is very good, that means 10 will buy from you.

DLM, you say you make around $100 a day, and Robert and jm55, you say you make around $500 a day.

So for each commish sale, it would have to be around $10 and $50.

See what I mean? When you break the numbers down, something doesn't sound right.

Robert, you said
    What do you mean by "gravity of 30"?

Thanks, guys. :)

PhilipR, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  11. topamax

topamax Peon

Best Answers:
    "It is absolutely possible to $500.00 per day with article marketing; however, 99.99% will fail to produce this kind of income."
    $500 per day is possible but few can reach.

topamax, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  12. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    PhilipR, its not all about the numbers, its lot more than it.

1) Try to find converting articles. Repeat it on regular intervals, its very much like finding converting keywords.

2) Article Writing approach. Most people write articles for the sake of numbers and surly this doesn't work. you have to generate the need in reader to find more about the product which you are offering without being commercial in article. E.g. when you are promoting registry cleaner product, Write article on "Best Registry Cleaner Software - How to select best registry cleaner software avoiding scams" people will surly buy from your landing page.

3) Article quantity and its results changes person to person, article marketing is not the basic math where 2+2 = 4. it is lot more than that.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    Robert25, Aug 23, 2009 IP
    evolveforever likes this.
  13. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    very impressive and inspirational...

I'm aiming for 90 articles a month for the next three months...

question, do you have a rewriter?

anglefourfivemedia, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  14. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    No I don't use re-written articles on EZA, as they have very strong software utility to detect such a work, so I don't waste my time in such things.

Re-written stuff works for Articlesbase.com, but I love EZA.:p

BTW, 90 articles is very good target to aim at the start. Best luck!

Robert25, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  15. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for the gr8 keyword tip.. that should work in determining converting keywords.
    You are right about outsourcing - I used to write my own articles for last few months and was able to hardly write 150 odd ones... which trickled in few sales but nothing to shout about. Now, I've decided to outsource and already ordered 300 - waiting for results :) and then will scale up.

Cheers,
    Jo

simplyjo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  16. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hiya,

This sounds like a great plan.. though Robert is right - Even I have noticed that the best SB sites like digg etc do not accept EZA - How do you do the backlinks for these ? Mind sharing your secrets with us ? :)

simplyjo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  17. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Jo, its very difficult to write more than 200 articles a month and after crunching down that much of articles we don't have time left for proper keyword research and new product testing.

Finding couple of good freelance article writers will work for this situation. As you had outsourced 300 articles, you will get very decent number of sales.

Best Luck.

18. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replying back, Robert.

Yes, of course, I know, but like I said, it's still the numbers. The bottom line is...no matter what, a certain number will read the article in its entirety. A certain number will go to the site. A certain number will buy.

Sorry, but something just does not sound right. If you have one hell of a high commish on each sale, then, yeah.

I don't know....

How is it a lot more than what I have pointed out?

Anybody else?

Thanks.

PhilipR, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  19. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Following are the considerable factors when it comes to article marketing.

1. Right Niche.
    2. Right Product.
    3. Right Keywords.
    4. Right Time of Promotion. E.g.You will not get good ROI if you promote gaming product in exam season.
    5. Right Title.
    6. Right Approach Of Writing Articles.
    7. Right Resource Box.
    8. Right Landing Page.
    9. Target reader when he is most near to purchase in buying cycle.

Still there are tons of factors remaining, I think this is not a plain math of 2+2. And if you still feel that it is, then you are smarter than me in this aspect.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  20. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I can write a good (not amazing, but good) 300-400 word article in 15 minutes. I do have my list of titles and resource boxes prepared before I start writing though. I use a countdown timer to make sure I stay within my 15 minutes - otherwise I'd probably be all day writing.

I would say 100 views per article is about right (for the initial submission) and my average CTR is about 30% so that would be around 4000 visitors to my sites.

About 2% of those visitors will convert which is 80 sales - multiply that by my average commission of $50 and you get $4000, which is more than $500 a day (sorry if I missed something out here, I was never good at Maths!).

Only about half the products I promote are Clickbank, and all the products I promote have commissions of between $30 and $150 so my average commission is probably about $50.

For instance one particular product I promote pays approx $150 per sale - I calculate that it makes me about $66 per article (I've submitted 18 articles for it this month and made about $1200). That's one of my better niches though, some make alot less so it balances out.

That's where good keyword research comes in. I try to make sure the majority of my articles get ranked well in Google and I do get backlinks to those articles that are making me money so that they get onto or stay on page 1.

hamidap, Aug 24, 2009 IP