1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP - Banned for too many inbound links. When will it come back?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Seobiznezz, Aug 23, 2009.

When will our site come back?

I have been lowered in Google's index for everything and lost all of the rankings. About 95% of traffic is gone. When you even search for the site directly it doesn't even come up.

We also have lost page rank from PR 4 to 0. It is not grey. The site also has all the pages still indexed so it is not banned.

Recently we have done a large inbound linking campaign. Probably too many and we are trying to remove.

We have asked for reinclusion.

When do you think our site will return from the link penalty Google has given us?

Seobiznezz, Aug 23, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  2. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Not anytime soon, I guess.

oxidati0n, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  3. CHULORAY

CHULORAY Peon

Best Answers:
    that happen to me it went back like a week later.. you have to tell google whaat u did to fix the problem

CHULORAY, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  4. evil0x

evil0x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should never ever ask for reinclusion after buying or spamming or what ever you did to get a lot of links.
    just wait it out, it can take up to several months...
    but now that you asked for reinclusion its like saying i'm guilty.

evil0x, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  5. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    bilawal360 thank you for that not so intelligent answer. Go waste someone elses time.

Other forums say that you need to admit your guilt to Google reinclusion and they will allow you back in. I have no problem doing that.

Anyone have a time frame for being relisted? Evilox says couple months. Anyone have something more accurate?

Does it always come back?

6. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are asking for a re-inclusion, you need to first convince Google that you removed to the best of your ability all of the offending links.

After that , it will take a short time to get it back in the SE.... a penalty will probably still be present until you regain Google's trust again completely which will take a much longer time.

xenyo, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  7. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your case seems pretty rare. Unless your like getting 10K links per day I don't see why Google would ban your site. Normally the usual reasons would be link selling, paid post and so on (other name-blackhat)
    I would suggest you to reanalyze your site condition or ask a Google rep (drop by at Matt Cutts Blog) or atleast wait for a week or two.
    Also if you want to ask for reinclusion its because you have already fixed the problem. Avoid asking reinclusion immedietly when you see a problem unless you have already fixed it or you think you have fix it.
    Goodluck.

wptheme, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  8. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how did you get so many links so fast? did you use Xrumer ?

indyguidedotinfo, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  9. mgn465

mgn465 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just ignore everything..
    Same thing happened to me and for this reason I sold my site..But what did i see after 2 weeks was that traffic was coming again and I was just pissed off..

It do takes time but it will come back within few weeks or so..

mgn465, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  10. AC-Coach

AC-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I was going to ask. If you're using xrumer you need to add them slower next time.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    AC-Coach, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  11. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I went out and built 20 subtopic sites. Put sitewide links on all of them which in turn gave it about 2000 inbounds in a week.

What I should have done was put a "no follow" or set the links up with a Javascript so that they would not point directly to the main site. All we wanted was the traffic and never wanted the link value.

Live and Learn, it has gone on for 3 weeks now. Killing our company.

12. thoriphes

thoriphes Guest

Best Answers:
    Building site just for making link network is against google. Your only chance is to add the site in google webmasters and apply for reconsideration . In the box provided , post a convincing comment about what happen . Also explain what all you did to remove the problems .Anyway it will take a while before the sites gain rankings again.

regards and good luck

thoriphes, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  13. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its just a penalty..
    there are no time limit to get back to SERP, but, might take upto 3 long months.

Abhik, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  14. jucktion

jucktion Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to know what you did to get low rankings form PR 4. Did you use any programs or some Black hat trick.

jucktion, Aug 23, 2009 IP
  15. ukhotels

ukhotels Peon

Best Answers:
    You are done on less time for more inbound links, this penalty wait for some time (months).

ukhotels, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  16. GE Master

GE Master Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful on the advice you listen to. Nobody really states their credentials, so use at your own risk, that's for sure. Fact: if your sites are indexed, then you are not under a penalty. Fact: in webmaster tools, you will have a nice lovely red bar stating your site may be under penalty or something like that. Think of it like the kiss of death. I'm dealing with a brutal situation myself. Think of the process like going before God. You want to be let into heaven instead of being in hell. Locked out of Google for all intents and purposes is hell. So, there is no point asking for reinclusion if your sites are indexed. Having said that, from what you describe, I would be surprised if those sites are not banned. Welcome to the world of ecommerce where it's one site for one person. May the best (or most deceptive) man or woman win. Keep us posted what you're able to find out. Posting back here will help others through the horrible times that you are dealing with.

GE Master, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  17. sarirejo

sarirejo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you are not banned, I think you need not to request for reinclusion. For your case i think you need 3 month to get back, just stop spamming and promote your site nice.

sarirejo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  18. digitalextrememediagroup

digitalextrememediagroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post thanks!

19. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is really, really bad advice.

if you don't ask for reconsideration, nothing will ever change. you'll be stuck in a penalty forever.

give it two months - if nothing has changed, at least you'll know your request for reconsideration was denied, and you can move on and get going with a new domain name. if your crime was too many inbound links, it's probably smart to get cracking on a new site right away.

monosodium, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  20. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    i think your blog is not yet penalized by Google. But maybe the blog linking to your blog are the ones being penalized.

kawebspy, Aug 24, 2009 IP