1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DIGG ?? is this help to marketing of website??

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by freeflowerseeds, Aug 21, 2009.

Hello friend,

I need your suggestion about DIGG. Is this help to marketing of website?? How we can make story popular there? I submitted more then 25 quality story but never reach on front page. Can anybody suggest me what is the reality of DIGG??

freeflowerseeds, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  2. sport302

sport302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All Digg type social sites are so saturated with spam and junk from so many webmasters I just do not find them valuable at all sorry just my opinion.

sport302, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  3. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I have heard Digg can be a great way to market your site or a terrible way. The most important way to succeed with Digg marketing is to network and send your Digg link to all your twitter followers, facebook friends, and viewers of your site

dukeofism, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  4. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    You really need to slow down if you don't want your account canceled. It's usually not good for traffic but it holds a little weight with Google.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  5. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To get list at the home page, the content is important but the most important is your network. You need to make a lot of friend in digg, then only you will get tons of digg

lifeplayer, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  6. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg can get your sites indexed and build some links to it for SEO purposes, but if you want to get on the front page, you need friends who will digg your story up and make comments and conversation about it started.

Hagen, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  7. bigtime2

bigtime2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Get about 120 friends who will digg your story within two hours of your submission. Make sure that at least half of them "favorite" the story. Once it gets in the top stories in the "Upcoming section" then other Diggers will digg your story. Then you have a chance of hitting the front page.

Make sure your story is interesting.

No spelling, grammar errors, because diggers will bury the sh*t out of your story if you make these mistakes.

Do not submit anything that is anti-Obama, anti-Ron Paul, anti-marijuana, anti-tech, anti-cats, anti-dogs, anti-any other animal.

Make sure everything is on one page, diggers hate clicking through multiple pages.

bigtime2, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  8. Webmaster Income

Webmaster Income Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you will only benefit greatly when your site hits the front page.

If not, you will still get the odd visitor here or there over a period of time if you do advertise your site there.

Webmaster Income, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  9. drfoske

drfoske Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all,Digg is good for indexing your site...

Now...As for long-term benefits,opinions vary...

IMHO
    IF you hit the front-page prepare to see your server go down...
    How many of those visitors will come back?
    If your site's content is not valuable,few to none...
    If your digg submission is completely irrelevant to your site's content,few to none...

There are always exceptions...However,from my experience,that is what happens to most people...

NOTE:If you REALLY need to hit the front-page,someone with a strong account (with lots of friends) has much more chances than someone that just signed-up to submit his site's article....

drfoske, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  10. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, very true. Except I've never heard of anything anti-tech (unless it's Amish, but they wouldn't be on Digg anyway), or anti-cat or dog, lol.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  11. MrVen

MrVen Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Digg for marketing your website might be a good idea but how to do that is the real stuff ? As an individual, you could post number of links to digg but to take your posts to the front page you need others help.

Unless, you have a network of peoples who help each other you can't come up to the front page. On the other way, the post you are publishing should be the real hot news so that naturally i may move to the front page. The benefits of reaching the front page is huge amount of traffic to your web site. But statistics says, traffic from social bookmark sites converts (earnings) very less.

I would say, if you don't have a network, just put your posts to gain some links to your site.

MrVen, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  12. rirara

rirara Active Member

Best Answers:
    I get some visitors from Digg. I have no friends, and I've never had something on the first page but still have traffic.

rirara, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  13. Mikouen

Mikouen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digg says for me "Your URL is redirecting too much for our tastes" so I wouldn't know.

Mikouen, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  14. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's odd. Are you using a fake/redirecting URL? Like URL shorteners or anything?

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  15. Mikouen

Mikouen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nope.. just vBulletin URL's like this DP one.. http://mysite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=xxxx

and it's saying it redirects too much.. it's weird.. reckon I'm banned from digg?

Mikouen, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  16. lewda

lewda Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah, i agree with one of the posts above saying that DIGG is more about networking. You could submit the most interesting & amazing submission but no one will see it unless you get a group of people to digg it. So you either need to build that network of friends or you need someone that is already respected in that community.

my understanding is that digg can get you lots of traffic but it might not be relevant traffic to what you're doing on your site. so keep that in mind too

lewda, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  17. dirtydoug

dirtydoug Member

Best Answers:
    completely agree.

dirtydoug, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  18. xxgchappy

xxgchappy Peon

Best Answers:
    We can send you many diggs with low money.

xxgchappy, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  19. janwriteskia

janwriteskia Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can write good quality headlines you can make digg work for you.

janwriteskia, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  20. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    from what I've experienced- they get indexed fast - and are ranked high in the SERPs- then they sink like a rock. They are on my backlink list.

bigcat1967, Dec 15, 2009 IP