1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 Questions Related to CC and Paypal.

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by wptheme, Aug 20, 2009.

Hi, I have 2 questions that I need answered.:eek:

1) My sister's CC was used by an unknown person to buy items (in UK) I am currently in Asia. Basically the bank said we are investigating this matter. Can my sis asked details of the person who bought at the UK online shop? Is there anyone here sharing the same experience?

2) My PP account was limited and awaiting review. They suspected that a 3rd party accessed my account and asked me to do 3 things before they can make review. I have completed the steps which is confim cc, change pass and update security questions. Problem is I need to use my PP funds in a few days time to pay my hosting. Does anyone know how long would this take? Thanks

wptheme, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  2. OneClick

OneClick Peon

Best Answers:
    @2: Don't use your email and password that same paypal account to register on any website

OneClick, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  3. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry that your sis's CC was stolen and she should report that to both police and the corresponding bank. She has the rights to know the details of the one who stole the CC.

poshswinger, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  4. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    1)I think she only can know who sold the items in UK

Moses8595, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  5. pepprs

pepprs Peon

Best Answers:
    1) you can request the username / email and IP address apart from delivery location ( which is unlikely given by the theif ).

2) reg paypal, when the account is limited you cannot use the funds to pay out. Paypal is generally quick but no one can tell you the exact time duration. You need to keep an backup for the paypal to pay your hosting fee just in case

pepprs, Aug 20, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  6. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1) Your Sis have full right to chargeback all unknown purchases via CC.

2) After updating all the info .. You should Call paypal (use skype, its free) .. they lift my limitation instantly .. or else you have to wait 3-4 days.

AaRGeE, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  7. MervikHaums

MervikHaums Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Your sister has full Rights. I think you may have to proceed legally with police.

Friend AaRGeE am using a personal account. Have skype too..Is it possible to call paypal from skype for free? am From India. Let me know if its possible. Will be a great help. Thanks

MervikHaums, Aug 21, 2009 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  8. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. Appreciated your comments are advice. All added rep except 2 person whom I have been giveng too much rep recently. Will add yours later. Cheerio

wptheme, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  9. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed.. I am from India too and I usually disturb Paypal whenever i have to know something!!

Install Skype and add PayPal's TollFree number and Call.

+18882211161

AaRGeE, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  10. MervikHaums

MervikHaums Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's cool. Because all the time it takes 2-3 days for paypal to answer my questions..Thanks for the help buddy. I have skype installed with me already..

MervikHaums, Aug 21, 2009 IP
  11. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some updates. My sis card was not stolen. Here is the full story. She just got her card and used it for the 2nd time at a hotel. And looks like apparently the person @ attendant that swiped her card took her card details to purchase online. However things looks a bit better as the online shops are really cooperative and willing to help her.

wptheme, Aug 23, 2009 IP