1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some quick Wordpress Widget help PLEASE :-)

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by spycraft, Aug 17, 2009.

Hello all,

I am currently working on a wordpress blog and it's almost ready to go. The only thing left to do, is to fix this little problem:

I am using a widgetized theme and I have placed the "Sidebar Login" plugin as a widget.

The problem is that the plugin's widget is wider than my sidebar.

If I could decrease the width of that widget, I would be fine :)

Any ideas as to how I would do that?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If you think you could help me out with this but you need more info, please let me know and I will pm you the URL of the blog so that you can see the actual problem.

spycraft, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  2. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    I see that noone has replied yet, so I am assuming that maybe my post wasn't that clear.

The URL is http://spycraft.keboo.com - Please take a look and tell me if you think that shifting the widget a little to the right is hard. If it is hard, I'll just make a separate page with the login stuff. I would just really like it to be on the sidebar, so please give it a shot.

Thanks again.

3. nilubol

nilubol Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what you mean about the overflowing widgets, the sidebar looks fine to me. As for the login sidebar, try going to your global.css and add padding-left: 25px; or something to .widget_wp_sidebarlogin, #sidebarlogin. Should work, although it's hard for me to tell without looking at it myself.

nilubol, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  4. hockeyhero

hockeyhero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's a html problem... after the heading tag is closed there should be a <ul> tag which should fix the problem... when i looked and edited through firebug it fixed the problem.... so basically find the widgets template and add <ul> when the input code starts and then end it before <ul class="sidebarlogin_otherlinks"> starts

hockeyhero, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  5. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you both for your advice! I just really wish I knew how to properly implement your idea. I did try nilubol's thought - didn't work.

I don't know where exactly I should put the <ul> hockeyhero. I found the <ul class="sidebarlogin_otherlinks"> part, so I am guessing I should </ul> right before that, but I don't know where the input code starts :-(

If you have some spare time to look at it - I would gladly give you access.

If anyone knows the answer to where the code should start, please let me know, since I see that hockeyhero is currently offline.

Thanks again guys! I have a feeling that we are really close to solving this!

6. DesignWeb

DesignWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Open your Theme's main css file eg. spycraft.keboo.com/wp-content/themes/magazeen/style.css

and add the following code somewhere:

#sidebar-login p {
    padding-left: 25px;
    }

Code (markup):

DesignWeb, Aug 17, 2009 IP
    spycraft likes this.
  7. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    OMG!

I couldn't thank you enough!!!! It worked!! finally! This little code was bugging me for DAYS lol

Again - THANK YOU :)

PM me if you are offering any kind of service - I might be able to use you somehow :)