1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone still using craigslist?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cheece2001, Aug 11, 2009.

Is anyone still using craigslist to get sales? If so, how abouts are you doing it and how often are you posting a message on there? Is craigslist a waist of time?

cheece2001, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  2. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Craigslist is becoming more of a pain to post on because of the new security measures. It is not all a waste of time you just have to make your ads believable by saving the sales pitch. I post about 10 - 20 ads a day.

MikeLugar, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  3. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    You have to do it manually. It is still extremely effective depending on what you are selling.

PHPGator, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  4. dinglehead

dinglehead Peon

Best Answers:
    VERY effective. especially if you're selling iphones.

dinglehead, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  5. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    O K you got to post your ads manually right. So do you post in the forums or post in classified ads. I joined craig list over a month still trying to figure it out, so any help will be great

jkadin, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  6. dinglehead

dinglehead Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not both? It never hurts to be active in hte community forums... but you have to be clever about it so you don't look like a spammer

dinglehead, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  7. sicnarf

sicnarf Member

Best Answers:
    I'd try posting in the forums and in the classifieds. That way you can determine which method will work best for the product you are selling.

sicnarf, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  8. Fracker

Fracker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how people actually earn money with craigslist. I try to read number of times, but it always push me towards bordum, and i go back to from where i come from. Can anyone explain in simple words, from where i will get ads to post, and why a company will pay me for posting the ads? and what they will pay me?

PM ME..

Fracker, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  9. rockyelle

rockyelle Peon

Best Answers:
    Fracker

Mostly people sign up for an affiliate program and then advertise something- for example tickets for a concert.

When they get replies from people wanting to buy the tickets, they tell them the tickets are already sold, but they can buy them from www.theiraffiliatelink.com .

Other people target the guys looking for girls in the casual encounters section, pretend to be a sexy girl and ask the guys to sign up for a CPA offer or send them to a webcam site, where they also get an affiliate commision- that sort of thing.

rockyelle, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  10. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Craiglist is still good if you do not too much oriented them as solely web promotion tool. If you have some great offers without any intension to spam then Craiglist would be recommended a must.

Sxperm, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  11. Emotional

Emotional Peon

Best Answers:
    You can still atuomate it :)

Emotional, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  12. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Most automated systems do not work that I have tried. I suppose there could be some out there, but I think you run the risk of looking like a spammer, which is something you want to avoid on craigslist.

PHPGator, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  13. Comnauts

Comnauts Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it all the time, I get inquiries the conversion it poor but it does work. Better then Kijiji and backpage alteast.

Comnauts, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  14. LightScribe

LightScribe Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi~ I tried craigslist for some network marketing I was doing and it was more trouble than it was worth. They are great for selling local items and community outreach, etc. But for me personally it did not pay off. They are very particular now. I tried every angle in about every state, even followed rules as I read them and not one single post of mine even made it on! Perhaps there was an angle I missed! Good luck to you :eek:)

LightScribe, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  15. The Craigslist Scraper

The Craigslist Scraper Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it regulary to gather emails for Real Estate agents, to solicit my software. I don't scrape and email to any emails with "@craigslist.org", because Craigslist now states in their TOS that they can fine you up to $25 for each unsolicited email to the "@craigslist.org" email.

Remember leads generate money... not posts... you gather leads from posts, but you can also gather leads from emails. I just make sure my emails are specific to my target market (someone who can actually use it, and may be interested in it, and I include opt-out instructions). I'm not saying that what I do is or isn't not spamming.... who really knows what is.

Best of luck!!!

The Craigslist Scraper, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  16. eddiequestionaire

eddiequestionaire Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, it's one of the largest traffic sources where you can literally pick the niche you'd like to hit....of course people are banking off of it....and depending on the genius of the person you make X,XXX per day easy.

eddiequestionaire, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  17. xeilmach

xeilmach Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just using it to look for homes in a general area. But I don't buy directly off of them.

xeilmach, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  18. wamm9512

wamm9512 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am gonna give this a try and let you guys know how it works for me

wamm9512, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  19. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had good luck using craigslist to promote amazon products. People trust Amazon, so it works real well.

cronik, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  20. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've been using craigslist..its still effective..:D

rypher21, Aug 12, 2009 IP