1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

banned at $100 - is this true?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by JohnZing, Aug 5, 2006.

1. YokoOno

YokoOno Guest

Best Answers:
    This is true, but only for new accounts. Google won't tell you that you are banned until you get first 100 dollars in your account and it's time to cut the check. I think this is smart, as it makes scammers wait and they get nothing.

YokoOno, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  2. j_p

j_p Peon

Best Answers:
    definatly a good idea. Although i have clicked my own ad by mistake (honestly!) a few times already. Im not looking forward to reaching $100 now :(

j_p, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  3. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure? Has Google released anything official saying that - just to check?

shamess, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  4. fendi

fendi Peon

Best Answers:
    i believe that google will immediately ban you if they detect invalid click or break the TOS. i think it's just that they need time to thoroughly check whether there is invalid activity.

fendi, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. jmman

jmman Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I think it's reasonably to think that, since google has to pay back all the money that were generated on banned account, they gain nothing from intentionally waiting till 100USD.

But maybe they are doing it to virtually increase their fraud clicks detection efficiency... just a crazy thought ;)

jmman, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  6. Monty

Monty Peon

Best Answers:
    If Google wait until $100 to ban an account, I think it's because it's take time and ressources to detect the fraud.
    They don't check and analyse accounts everyday, for each clicks, they do it once, before paying.

Monty, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  7. jmman

jmman Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that now, when u click ur own ads those clicks doesn't even show up in adsense stats. Has it always been like that?

jmman, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  8. CaitSith4343

CaitSith4343 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, I browsed through the posts in this thread to see if someone had posted this, and sure enough, it was in the last post. :)

Anyways, yeah, I am sure that google does a little extra fraud checking before they send out your money. It would be an enormous task to do in dept fraud checking every day, so they probably just do their checking before they pay out.

CaitSith4343, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  9. TG2006

TG2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    if this is true people could go around other peoples sites clicking on their adsense ads dozens of times daily and getting them banned from adsense.

TG2006, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  10. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think they wait until you are getting paid then if your break the Tos they will ban you

chachacallis, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  11. Djrack

Djrack Banned

Best Answers:
    I where banned the day i got $100..
    I sent them an eMail, but they didnt beleve what I told them (that I did not now anything about click frauding), so they banned my account, and wil not allow me to open a new one..
    MAN im mad at Google.
    I think its pretty idiotic.. They told me that they where seeing multiply clicks from the same IP lots of times, in a lot of days.. I told them I didnt know anything about this, but they still banned my account..
    I shouldnt get punnishd when some other prick is clicking my adsense ads (mabye to get me banned?), they should just take away the amount of money from my account that where taken from the advertisors when the prick clicked the ads, not delete me and tell me never to sign up again..
    Now I have to use some other program, clicksor or something, but Im a little afraid that they are going to do the same as AdSense, but if nones clicking multiply, that should be any problem..

Djrack, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  12. fpriest

fpriest Guest

Best Answers:
    i think what he was venting about is that google probably finds out that you were cheating when you only earned $5 to that time... but google waits until you reach 100, and then they ban you so that you don't get the money, and the adsense advertisers kinda had free ads on your site!

fpriest, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  13. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why cant they do that? You dont see them hunting you down for committing FRAUD which could hurt you a lot harder. Just because its online, it doesnt mean its not fraud - you are taking money from advertisers to line your own pockets, they pay for REAL people and REAL clicks, not someone clicking their own ads. They cant determine whether any of the clicks were valid and it all goes back to the advertisers. They have a right to protect their business, you break the TOS, you pay.

venturefox, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  14. JohnZing

JohnZing Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, that's it! Amazing how the people miss the point... no one here is defending abusers or click fraud. They should be banned!

What I’m saying is, if google finds click fraud in some user account, they should close the account immediately and not only when user reaches $100. I think that behavior is unacceptable.

Imagine a policeman seeing someone comitting a crime and doing nothing, just letting them do a bigger crime so they can have a worst punishment. This is not right.

Also, user may not be aware of the situation as I said. If he did something wrong he should pay for it, google bans is account and that’s it. Is cruel to let the guy working who knows how many months to improve his sites when google already knows is account will be closed and all his effort is useless.

I don’t say google acts like this. I hope not!

JohnZing, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  15. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not true that google waits till you reach 100 before sending out email. However its also true that you may not get banned same day you had invalid clicks, it takes few days for it. But there is no such criteria set as you have to reach 100$ till they ban you.

dshah, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  16. Monty

Monty Peon

Best Answers:
    What we keep telling you, is that Google don't check for click fraud every account every hours. So they ban it when they find the fraud, and in most cases, they check thoroughly the account before paying out. This is why many account are banned when they reach $100.
    Some are banned earlier if they break the TOS and are reported for instance

Monty, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  17. tokyoice

tokyoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google will neve do this, thiis why they are so popuer nowa-days

tokyoice, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  18. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say they ban when they audit your account and find the BAD activity. I can say I was banned with over $500 in my account that they never paid me. Even though I lived by the TOS they can still ban you and not have to prove you were in the wrong. I was using high quality ad Click tracking software and never had a bleep on the click fraud detection system. So yes you can be banned - EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT GUILTY.

toomuch72, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  19. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    It's indeed possible to run legitimate ctrs in the 30% to 40% range. Several people on this forum pull numbers like that. It all depends on your site and your content. My stats have run in that range for the past 10 months. If the clicks are legitimate, there's no problem. G knows what they are doing. :)

RatDog, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  20. richdadmoney

richdadmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    im not looking forward to earning my first $100.

richdadmoney, Aug 7, 2006 IP