1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What the heck?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Sammy04, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ^ You guys are ruuuuthless.. :p

Love*, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  2. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Does it mean that anyone offering services can only open one thread in her lifetime in the BST?

Just a small suggestion: Why can't we limit advertising to one ad(thread) per 7 days in the BST Forums!!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    NeoGen, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You get one ad per each thing you're selling. New ads are fine if you're selling something else. If your original sales thread changes significantly, you can request that we close it so you can start another one.

The 7 day post rule would prove to be just like the "let us bump once every 24 hours" suggestion. It wouldn't solve the problem in any way (if one can bump or start a new thread so can everyone else, so things will still get buried). It would also take more time to moderate in sorting allowed vs non-allowed duplicates (and the reported posts to go along with them), and with only a small volunteer staff here we're trying to make modding more efficient, not less so that we can deal with other problems as well.

jhmattern, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  4. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    No its not about bumping, its ability to create new thread.

There are features available in VB that do not allow one to create more that one thread in specified period. So no need to moderate even. Simply enough, one can not create more than one thread in a specified time frame whether selling same thing or different thing. We have forums like WHT who have successfully implemented such feature.:rolleyes:

May be we can look for 14 days or a month instead of 7 days.

With the existing rules, person who is offering his services like SEO, can only post their thread once in lifetime:eek:.

My 2c:eek:

NeoGen, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    My point is that it has the same effect as bumping - burying new threads / offers in favor of old. It's not all that likely rules of that nature will change until the existing changes have been around long enough for Shawn to decide if they're permanent. It would be stupid to say some duplicate threads are ok now, only to have to change it back again if the BST sorting is changed back down the road. So as I said, existing rules prevail, so continue to follow them.

jhmattern, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  6. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your clarification and confirmation.

So to confirm once again: Anyone who is offering services like SEO, article writing et., can only post their thread once in lifetime in BST section :D:D:D

NeoGen, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  7. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, I don't even post in the BST section anymore because I always get an infraction everytime I do. Now I'm stuck with General Chat coz I need something to do & it kinda sucks. :p

Question though, how is asking in a traffic sales thread if the certain traffic being sold improves Alexa rank considered as "Running Up Post Count/Post Has No Value"?

If the post/reply is only relevant to the OP and the poster, then it should be PMed, but I think the information requested was beneficial for everyone who would be visiting that thread? In my understanding, that post was not breaking any rules, how can someone judge if one is simply trying to boost post count or not, I mean do you guys have some sort of xray vision to see through a person's brain? I mean, the post was no different from posts asking for revenue stats provided, etc..

I don't complain about my infractions and I swallow them up like a good girl, but sometimes you mods always seem to assume the worst in people, and it's really exhausting for us members to keep on adjusting to each & every mod's mood swings every single time. It's so hard to thrive in a forum where we're always on tiptoes. :(

& Please don't bring up my list of other infractions because I'm not bringing those up which means I am clear to the fact that I deserved them. :p Just bringing this one up.. =)

Love*, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  8. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    in that particular case, there was a brief bitch session going on, then a quick question at the end that was missed.
    post has been restored.

sawz, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  9. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LMAO @ the bitch session comment :p Yeah, the person was an absolute nut job, & we ARE still allowed to be human right? :p LOL But thanks for reversing! Appreciate it. :D One down, 6 to go. Just kidding. :p

Love*, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  10. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    don't hold your breath. ;)

sawz, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  11. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get the point, if you force the user not to spam on buy/sell and trade section and want him to contribute on other sections don't you think your approach will lead to user spamming in other section instead of buy/sell and trade? I don't get what you really achieve? if its not the buy/sell section which is going to be flooded then its some other section where the user instead of making one post in a buy/sell section he will make 10 spam posts in other sections just to make users aware of his offer and plus people who want to do business gets to the place where they can do quick business most people wont linger around in other sections looking for signature links who offers what.

The whole idea seems literally rubbish to me.

please enlighten me where I am getting this wrong?

Ameena, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  12. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't quite follow your reasoning. Members who spam other forums will be reported, infracted, and banned. If they contribute to other discussions in other forums (ie. NOT spam), then other members will recognize the value of their information and be more inclined to do business with them. Also, members can reply privately to other buyer's threads, which contributes to their business.

If I'm a buyer, I don't want to look at 5 variations of the same offer, I don't want to look at 5 duplicate offers, and I don't want to look in 5 different forums only to find the same offers.

TikTok, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  13. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for enlightening me on this issue and I agree with you and thanks for your answer thats convincing.

Ameena, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    sawz likes this.
  14. finqoo

finqoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sucks, I don't even sell things like this but even as a buyer I would never look in somones sig, I look for threads.

finqoo, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  15. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Good. Then search the threads.

jhmattern, Aug 8, 2009 IP