1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

banned at $100 - is this true?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by JohnZing, Aug 5, 2006.

I heard that sometimes google waits until user account reaches $100 to ban people. Hope this is not true.
    Letting people reach $100 to and then ban the account is dishonest and cruel.

Imagine some guy who clicked in is own ads accidentally (it can happen) or someone in her school or office clicked the ads without their knowledge or whatever. He can be wasting months of his time, improving his site and all this effort is useless because google already give him the "to be banned" status".

true?

JohnZing, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  2. MediaHustler

MediaHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's why I don't tell anyone I know about my sites. I tell them that I have a site but not what it is.

MediaHustler, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  3. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    False...
    If you cheat, you should get banned. There are people paying for that clicks you know?

Jarodboy, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you play safe then google never ban you. Always follow their TOS and don't worry about ban.

deluxdon, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand what you are saying - but if you have done nothing wrong then normally there is no problem.

If you suspect anything is ever wrong with your adsense or looks wrong, always get in contact with google and see if they have anything to add. Normally you should get a clean bill of health in the form that 'your account remains in goodstanding' or a reply to that affect.

Ganceann, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  6. JohnZing

JohnZing Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, should be banned!

Please read my post!

My point is: why (if it's true – I'm also asking you guys) googles waits until account reaches $100. This is dishonest and cruel.

JohnZing, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  7. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If Google ban you, they have to pay back all the money that you earned to the Adwords clients... Well that's what should happen. So Google stand to gain nothing from banning you at $100.

shamess, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  8. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe because they have millions of adsense accounts and they wait until you're able to receive payment to manually check your account and if they find you cheat, they ban you...

Jarodboy, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  9. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Google always waits until people want to cash out before banning them. In this way Google knows you correct address, bank details, name, etc… This is a very cleaver way of making sure that your details are correct, preventing you from ever joining Adsense again. “Banned For Life”

Emperor, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  10. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that if u respect the tos, you have noting to be afraid. And if u have done notin' wrong, there is always a way to prove this. As a last resort, u can always sue them.:D

dugu, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  11. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry. If you haven't clicked the ads you have nothing to worry about.

qwestcommunications, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  12. dageek

dageek Guest

Best Answers:
    I think its more likely that google do all they can to spot fraud before they send the first payable amount, which also happens to be $100.

If they think its fraudelent, you get the dreaded letter we see so much on this forum.

Quite honestly, If you play a straight game, its not too much to worry about, even a suspended account can be re-instated if you did no wrong.

dageek, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  13. samlocalguy

samlocalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    never takes it easy. Google cancelled the accounts of lots of my friends.
    Even they are promoting Adsense with legimate way.

samlocalguy, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  14. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google wait until you reach $100 for a reason - thats when they payout (why bother with accounts that may never reach $100?). They randomly check accounts that have been flagged up as possible abuse. People report their accounts have been banned at $100 because thats when Google makes checkups, particularly if its your first $100 payout. Google will accept the odd random (and presumably accidental) click from you and discard it, the only reason you would be banned is if you excessively click your own ads or broke another part of their TOS. They have laws to follow and advertiser contracts to keep, if you cheat them, you'll lose out.

venturefox, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  15. ringtonegeezer

ringtonegeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah
    I made 6 clicks then read the rules and STOPPED CLICKING
    THE ban letter still came.

ringtonegeezer, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  16. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    come on guys... google's a listed company that is scrutinized by both stockholders and the exchange commission... you think they would stoop so low to do something like this???

even if they really do this, they must do it for a genuine reason other than trying to gain from the adsense players...

daboss, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  17. CBT

CBT Guest

Best Answers:
    it is TRUE

CBT, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  18. TG2006

TG2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    im nearly at $100 , ive been getting 40% CTR so i hope they dont think im clicking my own ads. i dont know what the average CTR is but i imagine 40% is on the high side. ive only once accidentally clicked on an ad

TG2006, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  19. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You clicked your own ad once, and that was enough. You agree and said you had read the "rules" when you opened your account.

shamess, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  20. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    well my friend 40% CTR is way to high. as a matter of fact anything above 5% is high. here you would find people getting below 2% and still calling it good.

jacksmith, Aug 5, 2006 IP