1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned without any Solid Reason.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Pathan, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Well today I logged into my original account "Pathan" and I found the following message.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    duplicate account: danish muzaffar , plus itrader fraud, shilling

Date the ban will be lifted: Feb 7th 2010, 5:00 am

Its look like I have been banned due to duplicate account as the above message shows, Well I want to say that I know Danish Muzafar as he and me are from the same city and also from the same area, So it might be possible as you are also having knowledge about internet that our IP range would be same, So its pretty much not our fault, I am really sorry to say its not a good reason to bann anyone.

I contacted one moderator, but unfortunately that account of mine was also banned due to the same issue, he asked few questions I also answered that, below found that information please.

Answer= Well as I told you before we live in same area and we are friends so few days back i told him to put my link in his signature as in return I will place his article writting thread link in my signature as he has started that in DP. So that was the reason.

Answer= Well I usually do that for my friends as I am having dedicated server/domain registrar account, so What i did is i created a sub-reseller account for him, you can confirm that from whois info as only domain registration service is provided by Fahad Junaid and rest of the information is of him, I register domains for him and he pay me. If you want i can show you proof by sending you screen shot of my domain registrat account in order to show you that he is sub-reseller.

I will be happy to answer more questions.

Please take a deaper look at my case, I am very much depressed from this decision, I can provide any proof please feel free to ask questions, And Yes its not our fault that we are living in same area and using same company for DSL as we have only one of them in our city and please don't ban this account as its the only way to interact with Digitalpoint team.

My profile link is = forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=15486
    and Danish Profile link is = forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=157992

With Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    Pathan, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  2. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a cousin who lives like 3 houses away from where I am right now & he's a member here as well, & I'm pretty sure our IPs are somewhat very similar. But we never do business together, & we are interested in different threads.
    We know though that if ever we *do* happen to do business together on here that he shouldn't leave me an itrader, & I shouldn't leave him one, and that we should never give each other any positive reviews.

I really sympathize with you though. :)

Love*, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  3. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I know in countries like India and Pakistan DSL have dynamic IP range like: A.B.X.X . where or X changes .. And that A and B remains same for the complete city. so maybe this guy has a chance. DP should look into this.

Yfcadmin, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    Moses8595 likes this.
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, you are right !

DP needs a better technology to trace if someone is using Multiple accounts or not.. Like IP of PC. :D

And please any moderator don't come and simply say to the OP that you will be banned for creating this account.

He created it just to clarify everything. :cool: Because a banned member can't PM.

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    Moses8595 likes this.
  5. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That will be the case, it was suggested that banned members should be allowed to send PMs to Mods, the suggestion was rejected mainly due to the time it would take and the harm it could do.

People complain about DP but allowing a user to return is not harsh, many forums would never lift the ban.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  6. farooqaaa

farooqaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you.

The same thing happened to me on Sitepoint. My friend who lives miles away from my city and we use the same ISP. Me, my friend and my brother we all had almost same IPs. I got a PM from a mod on Sitepoint saying:

"Who are these guys:

* my brother
    * my friend

You all have the same IP??"

Fortunately, I didn't get banned straight away. I clarified to him that we are using the same ISP and we have the same IP. I won't be responsible for anything they do.

I also request DP to use a better technology for tracing IPs. Its really depressing to get banned for no reason.

farooqaaa, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  7. Pathan

Pathan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perfect, exactly, same happened here. :)

One more thing if they need more proof they can change my user password i mean that of "Pathan" as few days back i sent him PM regarding Article Writing, so how come I would PM my self :D (As I am banned due to creating duplicate account). That PM is in Sent Items.

With Regards.

Pathan, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exactly why I don't want to setup an "appeal" email for bans (per this suggestion). Already talking to a moderator about it, didn't like their answer, so creates a duplicate account anyway...

digitalpoint, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  9. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From a Mods point of view, you could be trying to make it look like you are two different people.

Thanks Brian

10. farooqaaa

Best Answers:
    If Pathan is banned for creating the account "Danish Muzaffar" then that is completely wrong. I know both Pathan and Danish very well. They are both my friends. This must have been the "same IP" issue. OR if they got banned because of having the same links in sig, then that is also wrong. Lots of DP members have the same sig.

And regarding the same owner for both "emobilez.com" and "bodybuildingmantra.com":

Here's the proof.

Msn Conversation between me and Danish:

Read the lines in bold.

This clearly clarifies that Danish was using Pathan's hosting / domain registrar account.

Moreover, a single guy can't achieve this:

Pathan:
    [​IMG]

Danish Muzaffar:
    [​IMG]

Both accounts have good rep and good itrader. A single guy can't do that.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  11. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This man achieved many more http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=48749

You can edit your post within 8 hours, saves double posting.

Thanks Brian

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    farooqaaa likes this.
  12. farooqaaa

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean Danish achieved more. But I meant if you guys think Danish and Pathan are the same guy then it is not easy to achieve that.

One person can't achieve 70 itrader / 8 rep blobs on one account and 137 itrader / 11 blobs on other account.

I never said Danish has the highest itrader on DP.

Read the post again, mate :). You didn't get me.

Thanks

13. D'Godown

D'Godown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Owww never knew they ban like adsense :D

D'Godown, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  14. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I single guy could do that.

I did not say you did.

Getting back on topic

You would be better PMing a mod with all the information you have.

Thanks Brian

sawz and Cheap SEO Services like this.
  15. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Whether or not the ban was without solid reason, I guess the OP knows best. We ban after cross referencing far more evidence than just IP.

wisdomtool, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  16. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Consider yourself luck as you got only 6 months ban,from what i know mods ban members for lifetime for dup accounts.

getjimmy, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    Cheap SEO Services likes this.
  17. farooqaaa

Best Answers:
    2 guys are trapped in the same problem. Pathan is banned for 6 months and Danish is banned permanently.

And I agree with the Mods. A lifetime ban is good for dup accounts because its a huge Dp Sin.

But here the case is different. None of these 2 guys have made a dup account. They are just *suspected* of creating duplicate account. Oh well.. Pathan made that "junaid10" account to post on DP because you can't post when you get banned. I am not sure about that, though.

18. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    A word to the wise. Be careful of what you post, particularly if you are members of the same family, the same business, same university, friends, ... who share a common IP. Like Caesar's wife you must be beyond reporach and avoid any appearance of being one and the same member.

Smyrl, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  19. Raj Kumar

Raj Kumar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In my point of view i think "Pathan" is a Genuine person, i had 3-4 business deal with Pathan and didn't found anything wrong in that dealing.

I think its just a issue of IP address & its happen in same location. Hope Mods will recheck it again :)

Raj

Raj Kumar, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  20. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i dont know the background of Mr.Pathan's ban.

But, I know Mr.Pathan and we have had several SEO business relationships and all of them went very smooth and I still believe he is a genuine person.

Hope his ban will be removed soon. ( if the ban is not removed - never mind, 6 months is just 180 days ! LOL ) .

dotcompals, Aug 7, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.