1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Experiment

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zibblu, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Lessy - It's free to join the system as a publisher.

hei 9901 - I can't do that because you can't edit posts that are that old.

I will have an update on my new test sometime this week. I have run into an issue with ArticleMarketer that I've written about in my blog - but it'll all be here when I update with the initial results...

Zibblu, May 5, 2009 IP
    squeezeplaycards likes this.
  2. Glow_With_Us

Glow_With_Us Peon

Best Answers:
    Zibblu,

I have started using AMA more often. I have encountered a problem with AMA and have talked to those guys in Australia twice now and they haven't resolved my issue.

Have you ever experienced the anchor link gets expanded to the whole paragraph? Instead of just the two words as link text, the whole paragraph gets linked as anchor text? I have tried but couldn't get it to work right?

Glow_With_Us, May 7, 2009 IP
  3. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome thread Zibblu
    thanks for your patience and testing. will get started on this soon

Fivestar, May 7, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes - I've had that happen a couple of times. It came from improperly doing the brackets. That's part of the reason I started simplifying my spinning process as much as possible. I don't run into those issues now because I make a real effort to make sure I don't get too crazy with things and lose my place.

---

I haven't looked at the backlinks yet because my ISnare article isn't even live yet (it takes them awhile to approve which is a negative to consider.) I also had to scrap what I was doing with Article Marketer because they have a rule about linking to url with a ? in it (like EZA urls have) so what I've done is submitted an article with each of the other three services to that EZA article (the one originally designated as AM's target) as a test of how it works to use all three services in conjunction. And then I created a hubpage to link to with Article Marketer so I can still test that, although it will be lagging behind a bit.

What I do want to share is how long it took me to write the article (and spin it in the case of UAW & AMA) and submit it with all of my links and everything:

AMA = 30 minutes
    UAW = 37 minutes
    AM = 14 minutes
    IS = 13 minutes

Of course AMA & UAW take longer because of the spinning even though their articles only need to be 300+ words. AM requires 400+ words and IS 500+ words. I think for most people who are just starting out using these services it will take quite a bit longer than the times I've listed. And of course it depends on how quickly you can write articles. I know my subject well (I'm promoting my own diet product - see sig - BTW I've made 2 sales so far with the 4 EZAs I've written this time around) so it's easy for me to write my articles very quickly. I've also learned the ropes of how to best spin my articles with AMA and UAW .. I look more for time efficiency now than for spinning each and every word.

AMA is the most liberal as far as pretty much having no rules as far as content and what you can link to.

I'll update again when I have some meaningful backlink stats to share.

Zibblu, May 7, 2009 IP
  5. nlangloi

nlangloi Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know if this matters to anyone, but AMA is run by the same two guys who run PLRPro so if you are a member of PLRPro, your AMA membership is free.

nlangloi, May 8, 2009 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Alright, this is my first update on backlinks (as found using Yahoo Site Explorer.) I am only counting external links so that the numbers aren't confused by any links coming from the landing page site.

Article Marketer (Hubpage)
    - Not indexed by Yahoo yet. To be fair I didn't get this submitted until not that long ago, but that's not a good start.

ISnare (EZA) - 1 external links. ISnare is slow to approve so this hasn't really had much of a chance yet.

UAW (EZA) - 16 external links.

AMA (EZA) - 4 external links.

UAW + AMA + IS (EZA) - 1 external link. The IS hasn't even been approved yet, and the other two were put out about a week later than the others. This landing page was originally intended to be used for AM but when AM told me I couldn't link to a URL with ? in it (like EZA landers) I had to come up with a backup plan for it. Which is send links to it with all three of the others and see what kind of numbers / search results that brings in.

Obviously these results are extremely early. Way too early to draw any real conclusions although UAW is already pretty impressive.

Zibblu, May 13, 2009 IP
  7. Mayureshete

Mayureshete Peon

Best Answers:
    really goo post was a valuable one. will follow this post

Mayureshete, May 13, 2009 IP
  8. sitenewbie99

sitenewbie99 Peon

Best Answers:
    update please??

sitenewbie99, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Update on experiment #2.

Distribution Service: External Links (Using Yahoo Site Explorer)

Article Marketer: 10
    ISnare: 33
    UAW: 26
    AMA: For some reason I can't find this using Yahoo Site Explorer...
    Combo (IS+UAW+AMA): 50

The ISnare article and the Combo article both have PageRank 1... the rest are at 0. I'd say I'm most impressed with ISnare right now actually, considering that you don't have to do any spinning with it and it also tends to bring in more direct traffic (because ISnare articles tend to go on more sites that get SE rankings.) Also ISnare ends up being cheapest (paying per article) unless you are really distributing a ton of articles (which I'm not, I just don't have time to do that many.)

The big down side with ISnare is that they tend to take a LONG time to finally approve your articles. So if you're impatient, it won't work for you.

Another problem with them (and UAW and AM) is if you are into anything related to "adult" topics (such as penis enlargement) you'll have a hard time getting an article distributed. That's something I really like about AMA (they have no rules.)

Zibblu, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  10. pmarkov

pmarkov Active Member

Best Answers:
    AMA - No rules = No links :) I opened a trial account and submit one family friendly article on penis enlargement written by experienced USA writer with degree in English. The article was in a spin format thus each of the result articles was high quality and unique enough. According to AMA control panel they distributed the article to 15 blogs with 100% approval rate.

I tried to find at least one of these blogs without success. I asked AMA support to show me at least one published article to have a reason to pay them... They respond that the best wasy to find published articles is Google search which returns zero :)

So it looks like it is almost impossible to find a good article distribution service in adult topic.

I am willing to pay very good money if there is a such service, but it seem the major players AM, AMA, ISnare, UAW and a few others do not work.

pmarkov, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  11. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using AMA. A month after submitting my article, I could find in around 50 different places (by searching for some unique sentence in the article).

Nice, but have yet to see any benefits when it comes to rankings. My site still rank like it has always done despite 2 months of AMA submissions :(

mads, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  12. Luc

Luc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Zibblu, thanks for sharing the results of your hard work with all out here.

One of the most interesting threads I've read in the last weeks. The concept of using EZA as "landing page" was also interesting, I'm going to consider it like that I think.

Luc, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  13. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Don’t waste your time submitting your articles to bulk standard article directories when you can submit to the more specific targetted top websites and blogs in your target market.

If you have a blog about sports then we need to be submitting our articles to sites such as bleacherreport.com which is one of the most popular sports websites online today. What if your website is all about weddings and wedding related servcies then you should be submitting articles to sites such as favorideas.com/submit-wedding-articles/

How about if your niche web site is all about parenting, you could submit articles to momsnetwork.com/submit-articles.shtml

How about if your niche web site is all about about finance, you could submit articles to istockanalyst.com/article/submitarticle.html

Do you see a pattern emerging here? We need to be submitting your articles to a targetted audience of readers to gain massive amounts of traffic for your articles. So use the very popular websites for submitting articles to gain this massive traffic.

Here’s a list of very popular websites that I personally submit articles to. The list below is a gold mine for building a list of thousands of subscribers. If you published just ONE really good article every day to the following websites, and had a good call to action in your resource box that sent people to your squeeze page, then you would have a highly responsive list of AT LEAST 1,000 subscribers by the end of the month.

sitefling.com/blog/steal-our-traffic-be-a-guest-poster-today/
    associateprograms.com/authors/register
    site-reference.com/submit.php

moneymakerinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/im-looking-for-guest-bloggers.html (This site ranks #2 for “make money online” and they are looking for guest bloggers!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    Candise, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  14. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've definitely got links back using AMA. Did you check your back links using Yahoo Site Explorer?

Admittedly they don't seem to be doing as well recently, but in the past I've had a lot of success with them.... I am worried that they are slowing up a bit though. My new articles don't seem to be getting nearly as many links back as my older articles did.

I'll probably run a 3rd test at some point... I think multiple tests is a good idea to see what consistently works...

Zibblu, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  15. Glow_With_Us

Glow_With_Us Peon

Best Answers:

Glow_With_Us, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  16. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    You have to have some patience with this kind of article marketing... Especially if you are using it to try to get your own websites to rank highly. I've seen more immediate results with getting "web 2.0" and article landers (EZA) ranking.

There's no magic bullet here... it takes a lot of hard work.

Zibblu, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  17. Poker Rakeback Mafia

Poker Rakeback Mafia Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the best thread i've ever read on article marketing. I've read every post and enjoyed it thoroughly. Have you tried free traffic system? It submitts to blogs, with in content links. The problem that i'm now experiencing is that there aren't enough blogs to keep getting unique links, so any more submissions are a bit pointless. How have you found AMA in this respect?

Poker Rakeback Mafia, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Poker Rakeback Mafia - I haven't really looked really closely at that aspect of AMA... But AMA Does have a huge amount of different subcategories so ... I think it's possible to get a wide variety of linkbacks (from different domains) if you can submit to related categories... But that being said, I definitely wouldn't rely on AMA all by itself.

Zibblu, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  19. Poker Rakeback Mafia

Poker Rakeback Mafia Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any way to get a list of their blogs? What i found with free traffic system was that i'd submit to all the blogs in the poker category, i'd then check the sports category and entertainment category and they'd have the same blogs in them.

Poker Rakeback Mafia, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  20. The Man With No Name

The Man With No Name Peon

Best Answers:
    This is indeed an fascinating thread, I have been doing some research into all the major article submission services and AMA does seem to have a pretty good reputation, what does concern me however is

I was wondering is AMA is as effective as it used to be or has it had its day? I would be interested to know if people are still getting good results with it?

Thanks guys this is a great thread.

The Man With No Name, Aug 31, 2009 IP