1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Paying $240 Million for Twitter

Discussion in 'Google' started by gary101, Apr 17, 2009.

1. coloriteman

coloriteman Peon

Best Answers:
    We all know that Google introduced an option in search for including latest and real time results,even from twitter .The recently reveled future strategy from Twitter shows that they are feared of Google and Facebook . Twitter is really an asset , but I guess Google doesn't need Twitter to bring Twitter like features .See if we they can include update feature in Google profiles ?? . Facebook redesigned their interface to includes updates like Twitter So now Twitter is not worth for that money ,unless an innovative income path is designed .

coloriteman, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. CandyCottonLover

CandyCottonLover Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a good new actually I do support google to take over twitter. This will eventually add more features as well as managed by a pro in internet biz. However 240m is too cheap.

I see that the faster you gain rep the faster you willbe forgotten.. so if google does offer a good $ why not just go for it..

CandyCottonLover, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a very good price for the crappy twitter.

dugu, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not really... but whatever, im not understanding why people say its going to happen when its NOT, Microhoo wont allow it.. :D
    (even if they did, it wont be a partnership like youtube but more like Microsoft and facebook where they serve the ads and nothing more...

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  5. GridIron

GridIron Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't see what all the fuss is about concerning twitter. I just don't get it. Sounds like a waste of money to me, but i guess Google can afford it.

GridIron, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  6. Aslam.seo

Aslam.seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Google is largest software company of the world, and the company better know which website is beneficial for the community and also profitable for the Google organization, if they are interested in buying of twitter then it is very good for the owner of the twitter and also for all of us.

Aslam.seo, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. sallysmith

sallysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is now really popular but would it be in two-five years too? If Google wants to buy perhaps it is a good reason to do it. But the news is quite old - do you have any information what is doing right now with this deal? Does someon know?

sallysmith, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  8. mrwordsworth

mrwordsworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    going by the popularity of twitter i think they will become most popular social network soon But in Countries like India and Brazil twitter is still way behind Orkut.

mrwordsworth, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  9. sweetiessweeps

sweetiessweeps Banned

Best Answers:
    one day google will buy everything on net. But lets hope it don't buy DP. hehe. THEY WONT ! lol

sweetiessweeps, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  10. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not very much agreed with this..Twitter is doing very well currently.. so they may not want to sell..but lets see google can make better use of Twitter..

bluebelt91, Aug 6, 2009 IP