1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Men or Women Writers?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by old_expat, Apr 21, 2009.

?

Would Women Rather Read Web Content Written by

1. Women

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Men

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. Doesn't Matter

50 vote(s)
    74.6%
  1. Yasinta

Yasinta Member

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer to read blogs written by women because the topics are usually light and about daily stuffs. There are some that I visit regularly. For blogs written by men, there is none.

Yasinta, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  2. dglas

dglas Peon

Best Answers:
    skill between men and women can have advantage in different area. some can be better in certain knowledge. my selection here will be "it doesn't matter"

dglas, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  3. Sticky Nebula

Sticky Nebula Guest

Best Answers:
    Gosh I love me some women writers for sources cited and in depth analysis. I much rather use a male for persuasive articles. I don't know why but that's how I've been operating lately.

Sticky Nebula, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  4. jcayton

jcayton Guest

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter. We cannot be gender biased. Men and women alike may write effectively.

jcayton, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  5. GeoHoliday2009

GeoHoliday2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    I was going to say the same...:)

GeoHoliday2009, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  6. aussieroo1

aussieroo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there isn't really a difference as to who writes better because it depends on the person's passion, creativity and skill.

aussieroo1, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  7. lokin

lokin Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't Matter

lokin, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  8. ionatoufleming

ionatoufleming Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't really matter as long as they knew about what they're writing about. Possible to hire both men and women so that a stand to a certain topic undergone objective brainstorming or research. And that men who will take time reading the site intended for women (especially married men or men with girlfriends) would become interested because of the objective approach.

Hope you get my point :)

ionatoufleming, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  9. Emily Yee

Emily Yee Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't matter, Love both if they writes well. :)

Emily Yee, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  10. swriting

swriting Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it matters to hire a man or a woman to write. However, I think the only time when it really matters would be when you need someone to write about men - you might need to hire a man to do this job. Similarly when you need someone to write about women - you need a woman. That is just my opinion. Men have proven to be able to write about women and vice versa, so again, the important thing is to get someone who can do the job you need regardless of the sex.

swriting, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  11. old_expat

old_expat Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I am continually surprised by how little discussion we see on this and other "copywriting" forums about voice, person, style, etc. Could it be that so many article writers don't care? Or that they don't know?

Learning to "write for the web" seems to be little more than assembling some SEO friendly words into a form that passes a plagiarism checker .. with sufficient padding to attain the appropriate word count. ;)

old_expat, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  12. ADNattan

ADNattan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of the posts so far - quality trumps gender every time.

ADNattan, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  13. Joe Wallace

Joe Wallace Peon

Best Answers:
    It's more a question of empathy, if you ask me...if male writers can put themselves in a woman's shoes and communicate empathy on a basic level, I think there's plenty of room for success...

Joe Wallace, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  14. livetowrite

livetowrite Peon

Best Answers:
    Expertise is what counts most; not gender.

livetowrite, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  15. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a dude and I prefer content written by women.
    For some reason, I believe that women write better than men.

gordon08, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  16. tani

tani Peon

Best Answers:
    well if u ask me i really don't think it matters if the writer is a man or a woman. surprising such questions should crop up in today's ages.

tani, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  17. mariner7

mariner7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've paid for articles before, which were written by a woman. I thought they were great, much more emotionally engaging that what I would normally write and had better results. As a result of turning them into pdfs, I adopted the same style. If you are writing for a female audience, best to focus on emotion rather than logic.

mariner7, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  18. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to go with "they don't know."

But they can be taught. :) Although emotion/logic is a very bold generalization, the underlying comment on style is correct.

internetauthor, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  19. QualitySEO

QualitySEO Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a site about women and their perceptions...their psychology. A man can't properly analyze a women, he can only give his opinion of her. A woman writer will do better as she knows a woman because she is one. Of course, you could always have the male writer to chime in as a guest to spark up the conversation. Women thrive on conversation, so it would be good to help the site grow and expand.

QualitySEO, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  20. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm going a bit off topic here, but this reminds me of those "how to get a girl" ebooks, the ones written by women. They're filled with lies, brutal ones, all which pitch that a man should be a total prince to the girl he's trying to get. The subject is something that a woman can't really write about (of course there are rare exceptions) because women usually lie about what they really want in a guy.

These ebooks would regularly say stuff like "...a guy that opens the door for me, tells me I'm beautiful, and doesn't treat me like one of the guys." In the same ebook, the writer would make claims such as, "looks really don't matter, he just has to be nice, sweet, charming, basically a perfect gentleman!"

When the truth is basically the opposite of that. The ebooks on this subject that were written by men however, are generally accurate. Women look for the "alpha" guy, and want to play a game of cat and mouse - the key to success when "scoring a chick" is to get her chasing you, otherwise you're really chasing your own tail.

Not meaning to spark a gender debate or anything, but it seems strikingly similar. Each gender can write about the psychology for their own, but it seems that their emotions can get in their way of being truthful/factual sometimes.

Another example we could look at would be information on being pregnant. Ohh please, we all know you extend the truth when saying labor pains are THAT bad. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go with saying that the gender doesn't matter though. However, it does depend on the voice of the writer. Most guys probably have a monotonic writing style for women related subjects, but sometimes that's better than an emotion filled sobfest. :D

SunHunter, Aug 10, 2009 IP