1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to change how my website title appear on Google Search Engine?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by afmark, Jul 30, 2009.

Hi,

How to change how my website title appear on Google Search Engine?

When you search "webknowhows" http://www.google.com.bn/search?q=webknowhows&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a in Google search engine, my website will appear. I don't want the title to be shown as "Web Know Hows" on Search engine. What should I do to change it?

My website title tag has been changed on my website, http://www.webknowhows.com, to "Free $50 Discount Coupon- Web Hosting". How come it is still shown as "Web Know Hows" on Google Search Engine?

Thanks.

afmark, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does not show Live results or Live changes. It has a huge database from which the results are fetched when the query is made. Google develops its database via Googlebot i.e. its official spider or robot which is always on the work to bring useful information to Google's database. This is done by crawling and indexing. Therefore, when Googlebot will crawl and index your changed title, it will be shown in the results. There is nothing to worry about.

shailendra, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  3. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    u need to download that page from ftp and edit in dream weaver and upload so u can get updated page

lindamood1, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  4. afmark

afmark Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I am using Wordpress. How do I change the setting in Wordpress? Thanks. :)

afmark, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  5. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your page was last cached on 28 July 2009 according to google cache snapshot. It seems you have changed your title after that. As soon as Google crawl your site again it will fetch the new title and it will be updated in its database and on SERP results as well. You need to worry about that.

stephen082, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  6. pubdomainshost.com

pubdomainshost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to do anything, just wait for the spider to visit your site again and index new copy of your page.

Last cache (when google bot visited your site) was on July 28th 2009 and your title that day was
    <title>Web Know Hows</title>

Code (markup):
    As of today your title has become
    Free $50 Discount Coupon- Web Hosting
    Code (markup):
    so give Google some time to come back and re index your new home page and site title.

Cheers

pubdomainshost.com, Jul 30, 2009 IP