1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Search Engine Launch - Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Badlands07, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it looks nice but i think the results are coming from google search engine so I don't think many people will use it

Amator, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. spuriousink

spuriousink Member

Best Answers:
    I tried the search last night, and came back to the forums, this morning, so I could find it in order to use. I liked the results that I got, last night, apparently.

A suggestion: Some sort of About page would be nice, because I'm curious about where the results come from, and if they're somehow filtered differently than they would be on Google. (I'm assuming Google is involved because of the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button. Obviously, the results are different, though.) Also, I was hesitant to unblock JavaScript in order to see the blog results, which was what I really wanted to see. A well-planned About page might help to gain a little trust.

spuriousink, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  3. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice search engine, loods fast and well the template layout/colors is easy to look at. Like mentioned earlier the .us domain for a global search engine is a little strange. The quick look feature is very cool. I like not having to view the whole website and then having to open up another broswer or hitting the back button to continue to use the search engine.

Get rid of google adsense though. You are using another search engines ad program on your own search engine. Just doesn't seem right. Start your own network for advertiser's and publishers. (Looks like that is where you are heading) I'm on page 1 in google but not in your search engine. :( lol

snakeair, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  4. mexabet

mexabet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been looking at Inout Search Script for some months now. It brings good results and it's regular updated. The downside is that they stated that some library files and some admin files are encrypted. I'm a programmer myself, and I like to make some modifications, without consulting them. It seems that they like to have their link in the admin section plugged in. It's unacceptable that they encode a script they sell.

Coming to your search engine, I love the search results. But you need to get a catchy .com domain name, and also a custom script for serving ads. The ads served needs to be relevant to the searched keywords. I love your logo, but it would be great to work on the navigation bar. What makes Google great is the simplicity of the design.

That "Most Searched Terms" div next to the footer is good for a search engine that is merged with a portal, but is too "on the face" for a standalone search facility. Take a look at Yahoo homepage and see where their own is placed. If you have other pages, you can place it on one of the sub-pages, for people who want to see what others are searching at the moment.

Add a community: forums and blogs to draw in more followers.

Work on getting your own crawler, instead of mining data from other sources. You will create more awareness through a crawler. For example, if I view my log stats and notice that a new and unknown bot visited my site, I will like to know where the bot came from.

In summation, you have a good dream. I admire your aspirations, and I hope you will work to grab a substantial market share in the near future.

mexabet, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  5. VPSOUTLET

VPSOUTLET Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall, I like it. Put all my websites on your top spot. I would like even more. :)

However, I didn't like the google ads on the right hand side.

VPSOUTLET, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  6. charmaine

charmaine Peon

Best Answers:
    inout search engine script v5. its good but not the best. you managed to gave it a new touch. that's good.

charmaine, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  7. XGoogleX

XGoogleX Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to do lot of work my friend.

XGoogleX, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  8. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Grab a .com or .net. Looks good btw.

Ryan6, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  9. *Cafo*

*Cafo* Member

Best Answers:
    It's great search engine.thanks

*Cafo*, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  10. jaysmyhero

jaysmyhero Member

Best Answers:
    Dope A*** Site Bro!
    Umm I used the old version of that that's nice as He**

Modified For Language

jaysmyhero, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  11. mexabet

Best Answers:
    Do you know of any other search script that is better and no part is encoded? Kindly share with us, if you know.

mexabet, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  12. shotodekel

shotodekel Peon

Best Answers:
    wow looks good. I have found many results I know. Good Luck! looks impressive...

shotodekel, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  13. Badlands07

Badlands07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are actually coming from Yahoo (and soon some additional sources mixed in)

Great feedback. I removed the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button to erase any confusion. I agree on the JavaScript and will be adding in an "About Us" page soon.

Thanks - I am going to move it to a .net or .info domain most likely. As to AdSense I am only using until I can sell some PPC ads directly (and/or populate with affiliate content). I have a small network for advertisers and publishers (link at bottom of page).

GREAT FEEDBACK - thank you for all the time and thought you put into your response as it is much appreciate and mostly dead-on. I really appreciate it.

I am going to move away form those - thanks for the input...:)

Thank you!

Not sure I understand, but thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Yeah, I agree and will probably get a .net or .info soon - thanks...:)

Thank you!!!

Very enthusiastic - love it!

Thank you..:)

Badlands07, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  14. mexabet

Best Answers:
    I forgot to tell you that I bookmarked your search engine the first day, and I've been using it. I will follow your progress and see how far you can take it. Good luck!

mexabet, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  15. Paidpergoogle

Paidpergoogle Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny thing: you have search engine which displays another SEs ads (google ads).
    I've noticed that results are good only for english pages.
    Anyway, it looks quite good and serious. Good luck!

Paidpergoogle, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  16. dheeruyadav

dheeruyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice work bro, you have got a great Search engine, just checked my name in your search engine and saw some good results.

dheeruyadav, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  17. sc18

sc18 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice interface and for keywords returns pages quickly.Nice effort and best of luck in your endevour

sc18, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  18. Badlands07

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate your support and kind words - thank you very much!

So, on the non-english pages the results are not so good? Could you provide an example for me? Thank you for the kind words as to the look.

Thank you!

I really appreciate your kind words - thank you!

Badlands07, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  19. Badlands07

Best Answers:
    Hey gang, I have been making some tweaks to the engine and wanted to see what you thought (still have not move dit over to a .com yet, but we will get there)? Thanks in advance for all your support...:)

Badlands07, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  20. Badlands07

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the comment. but what did you like about it and/or what would you improve?

Thanks in advance....:)

Badlands07, Aug 16, 2009 IP