1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hubpages is scam??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by felani, May 12, 2008.

1. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't hold your breath Sorry, ood Luck.:D

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  2. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like they may loose E Bay and that was picking up for alot of the members.:rolleyes:

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  3. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are a total loser, Can't you understand Low I.Q:D

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  4. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to the Nice true story by Geogoole

suganindia, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Please learn to speak English. Thanks.

dlm, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    I read through 3-4 pages of comments. Most people posting and saying how horrible it is have either never even used it or posted a few lousy hubs. If you take the time to write 2-3 decent hubs per day on a subject you know about you will earn a bit and draw traffic to your website....It may not be the very best way to make money or to draw traffic but it does indeed work.

CLS1321, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  7. Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages isn't a scam...you just have to work at it and not be there for 3 months and say oh no....no earnings it's a scam!! to be earning money over there you need to be writing very regular and with useful content that people want to find and read...don't be posting exactly what others are posting, try and post something unique and linkworthy and stuff that will last and stand the test of time....

Wayne Tully, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  8. vinug

vinug Peon

Best Answers:

It takes time to earn from hubpages.
    You have to analyse a niche topic that got good search volume and then prepare hubs on it. Submit to bookmarking sites. Comment on other hubs.
    If you want quick cash hubpages is not the right place.

vinug, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  9. JulieV

JulieV Guest

Best Answers:
    I tried it a few months ago and it did not pan out. I got nothing for several months so decided to just forget about it and concentrate on other more important stuffs like SEO better

Thanks
    JulieV

JulieV, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  10. Kat

Kat Member

Best Answers:
    About 6 months ago I wrote just 9 hubs on a few niche topics.
    Then I did nothing.
    I get $1-2 per month from them, its not much but I am doing NOTHING.
    What I like about hubpages is that I don't have to reach some "minimum" payout to get my money.
    So I don't think it is a scam.
    If you don't like your results you can take down your articles and post them somewhere else.

Kat, Sep 4, 2009 IP
  11. info-web

info-web Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think hubpages is a scam, they are not charging anything. There is a open community forum and anyone can discuss there problems.

How much a hubber earns depends on a number of factors and can not be the only reason to call it a scam.

A large number of hubbers spend most of there time there and they are actually enjoying the community.

I understand that a website is a better way to make money but for people who don't want to take any burden of registering a domain, hosting it and then managing a website hubpages is a good solution.

info-web, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  12. Jectillplum

Jectillplum Peon

Best Answers:
    hay hubPages is not a scam it's a Grate site to post our thoughts on hub page with that you can't gets earn it's free to post our pages.

Jectillplum, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  13. zealot777

zealot777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy your own domain and you'll earn better and you can use hubpages to bring more traffic to your site/blog.

zealot777, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  14. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it aint a scam, HubPages and Squidoo are both highly respectable services. Hubpages is more strict, but they are like this to raise their own profile. You use such sites for the purpose of links and traffic, not for the reliance on Adsense.

Ryan6, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  15. Peter Moyana

Peter Moyana Peon

Best Answers:
    Hub pages is great if you want to earn $5 over month or so. If you are to post a couple blogs/hubs a day to increase your traffic and readership Hubpages just close your account and they block you from publishing further work. They don’t even let you know why they close your account and they don’t reply your emails. I opened an account was doing just ok till i decide to work day and night posting new stuff. However my hub was closed when i readed 100 hubs in 2 weeks. I then opened a new account and used new IP address and the same thing happened and i tried 3 rd time yet whenever I opened an account with hubpages it was closed when I increased my postings. In addition they give you rankings which are not based on how good your hubs are, but on participating on forums, and other factors. Good luck with hub pages.

Peter Moyana, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  16. axxo08

axxo08 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL...Its not a scam..... I suggest using Hub pages as a Landing Page

axxo08, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  17. info-web

info-web Peon

Best Answers:
    In any case Hubpages is not a scam, they do not ask for money or promise something in return. May be making money from hubpages is a slow process but it is there every where online.

I think hubpages is a community and success at hubpages is driven by active participation in that community.

Most successful hubbers have been there for more then 1 year.

info-web, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  18. upromotion

upromotion Peon

Best Answers:
    will have to take a look into this hubpages

upromotion, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  19. africanos23

africanos23 Peon

Best Answers:
    hubpages is effective i have been there for 2 months but this week have started working on it , i am new to adsense but i have made a few hubs in the last week and made 5$.... most of the articles arent that good but hey does any newbie make 5 dollars in adsense in a week i dont think so...

africanos23, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  20. cheekykea

cheekykea Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello. After reading all the posts on this subject, I felt compelled to reply.

HubPages is not a scam. I’ve been on HubPages for almost a year now. I took about a 7 month hiatus though. I didn’t join Hubpages for the money though – I joined to learn about writing, what people find interesting, SEO, AdSense, Analytics, etc.

HubPages provides a risk-free platform to learn all these things and potentially make some money. I just recently (past month or two) started taking HubPages and SEO seriously. I had completely neglected a lot of the benefits of HubPages (content organization / layout, grouping, URL tracking, etc.) and I had done little SEO-related stuff.

Here’s my earnings thus far :):
    AdSense:
    - All Time - $26.84
    - Last two months: $17.12
    Amazon:
    - $14.10 ($12.14 last two months)
    Kontera
    - $0.65
    Ebay
    - Never signed up and missed the opportunity – ebay is no longer accepting affiliates that don’t have their own domain.

In summary, I don’t think HubPages is a scam. I’ve learned a lot, but still have a lot to learn…I hope sometime soon to start my own site, utilizing the experience I’ve gained and lessons I’ve learned….and, sure, the minuscule revenue I’ve gained.

If you’re looking to get rich quick, you won’t do it on HubPages…it takes practice, skill, and patience…as you can see from my earnings, only when I started taking advantage of the tools HubPages has to offer and only when I started caring about SEO, did I start making some money – in the past two months.

I’m not prolific by no means and I apologize for the length of this…I just wanted to get the facts out there…you can interpret them as you wish. Cheers.

cheekykea, Mar 25, 2010 IP