1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How secure and private is ClickBank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ElitePrime, Jul 20, 2009.

I'm just wondering how secure and private is clickbank, do they sell information to third party. Because there seems to be a lot of talk about click bank, and so many people are profiting from it. I was hoping to join but reluctant as you are required to post your address. Usually I avoid filling in my address in online forms unless I'm certain it's safe to do so. I'm just having some doubts about it, would it be advisable to fill the form or should I just enter something random?
    Thanks

ElitePrime, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. mushu

mushu Peon

Best Answers:
    they need your address so they can send you checks of your earnings. It must be checks the first three payments, the reasons you can find on the clickbank page. Also in my opinion there is not a problem with the privacy so feel free to fill in all the fields

mushu, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure how you expect to get paid if you don't give them your address??

terryd, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  4. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol thanks As you can probably tell, I'm completely new to this.
    Thought you could ask to get paid with paypal didn't know it was only checks, hope this works out. :)
    Thanks for your help

5. nyxano

nyxano Peon

Best Answers:
    It is only postal checks for the first three payments. After that, if your country is eligible, you can request your payments to be deposited directly into your bank account. They do not offer payments via PayPal. At the moment, paper checks or direct deposit (where available).

nyxano, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  6. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Clickbank's pretty secure and what do you exactly mean by private? LoL .. They're pretty transparent / they have all kinds of "naked" products out in the market waiting for you to promote them..

Meet the beast and start pumping your brains out to finally receive some $x,xxx checks in your inbox. :)

evelinawilliams007, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  7. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Private as in do they sell your information to third parties, lol

Thanks for your help
    :) :) :)

8. jack001

jack001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,you can't receive money if you refuse to provide address as require.You do not need to worry about this issue.

jack001, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  9. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is a trusted affiliate network operating since last 10 years. They need your postal address to send you checks. After you get your 3 checks in 90 period time you can avail their direct deposit facility (if it is available for your country). For this also you have to provide your bank account information to them.

You are doing business with them and you need to provide your correct and complete information. There is no harm in doing so. and as long as question of selling information to third party is concerned, I don't think a big network like Clickbank will do such kind of things. It is also declared in their privacy policy.

stephen082, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  10. kshnbd

kshnbd Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see any problems to give address to clickbank.

kshnbd, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  11. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    CB are a reputable company. They don't sell our details.

If privacy is extrememly important to you then you could always create a shell company in an offshore jurisdiction.

rolf, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  12. Amieeelaine

Amieeelaine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To me the problem is not with my address, or email, or phone number, but my social security number as i think most would agree. How safe is that is the question???

Amieeelaine, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  13. Amieeelaine

Amieeelaine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lol well what about my social security number, that leads to alot of different avenues that i wouldnt want to carelessly open up fraud temptations for someone else.... that would not end well

14. Amieeelaine

Amieeelaine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    they did mention paypal..... and its even an icon on the bank name page, and now we cant click on it??? hmm whats up yall??

15. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't want to provide your social security number, you can simply apply for an EIN number (employee identification number) from the IRS and provide that instead. At least when you have a business (sole proprietorship will do for that purpose).

When I first started my online activities I was really paranoid about giving out my social security number, and so I got an EIN and gave that out to anyone who wanted my social. In the meantime, I'm a lot less paranoid when it comes to businesses who pay me regularly. If they trust me enough to send me money on a regular basis, I feel I can trust them with my social security number.

SEOwriterplus, Jan 9, 2017 IP