1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Adsense Motivational Thread!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Rouier, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    I remember being ready to give up SO many times, but after hanging in there for about 3 months or so things started to get better. I just didn't want people to make the same mistake I ALMOST made.

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  2. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't care what you say. In the past I've created threads to help others, such as "Contribute your best" anyone remember that? Yeah, sure is the sign of some "pathetic" guy.

A little white lie that can save readers from giving up too easy, definitely worth it.

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  3. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    i think this is what he means...
    the missing watermark (white spaces) within the character and outside area

anyway.. i wish i can earn $200k from adsense..
    this is still my motivation.. and it's real for me..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

moonrock, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  4. kevinn

kevinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh thats sad.

kevinn, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  5. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    this is quite amusing i must say.

urbanstereotype, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  6. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    well, my images were real :)

1EightT, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  7. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    Well... this is one good way to start a thread and starting earning shared revenue from DP!

All of us can learn from here!

the subject is sure catchy..
    but we have put in more effort on Photoshopping...

now.. what should my other nick in DP be ?...heh

moonrock, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  8. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    There’s an old saying that goes something like this: “Any publicity is good publicity, as long as they spell your name right.”

Frankly, as professionals, we would pretty much agree with that. Publicity means visibility, which generates awareness that could lead to interest

That is your lesson for the day :)

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  9. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm already getting interview requests for phone and AIM. I'm sure this is going to be blogged about too.

told ya, any publicity is good publicity!

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  10. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0449214923/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7290748-9462206?ie=UTF8

At the age of thirteen he began writing as a "mountain reporter" for small-town newspapers. He used his earnings as a reporter to enter law school, but soon had to withdraw for financial reasons. The turning point in his career is considered to have been in 1908 with his assignment, as part of a series of articles about famous men, to interview industrialist Andrew Carnegie, who at the time was one of the richest men in the world. Hill discovered that Carnegie believed that the process of success could be elaborated in a simple formula that could be duplicated by the average person. Impressed with Hill, Carnegie commissioned him (without pay and only offering to provide him with letters of reference) to interview over 500 successful men and women, many of them millionaires, in order to discover and publish this formula for success.

As part of his research, Hill interviewed many of the most famous people of the time, including Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, George Eastman, Henry Ford, Elmer Gates, John D. Rockefeller, Charles M. Schwab, F.W. Woolworth, William Wrigley Jr., John Wanamaker, William Jennings Bryan, Theodore Roosevelt, William H. Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Charles Allen Ward and Jennings Randolph. The project lasted over twenty years, during which Hill became an advisor to Carnegie. The formula for rags-to-riches success that Hill and Carnegie formulated was published initially in 1928 in his book The Law of Success. The formula was later published in home-study courses, including the seventeen-volume "Mental Dynamite" series until 1941.

From 1919 to 1920 Hill was the editor and publisher of Hill's Golden Rule magazine. In 1930 he published The Ladder to Success. From 1933 to 1936 Hill was an unpaid advisor to President Franklin Roosevelt.

In 1937 Hill elaborated his success formula in his most famous work, Think and Grow Rich, which is still in print, in several versions, and has sold more than thirty-million copies. In 1960, Hill published an abridged version of the book, which for years was the only one generally available. In 2004, Ross Cornwell published Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised, which restored the book to its original form, with slight revisions, and added the first comprehensive endnotes, index, and appendix the book had ever contained. (The Cornwell-Hill "collaboration" resulted from the former's service as editor-in-chief of "Think & Grow Rich Newsletter," published for the Napoleon Hill Foundation.)

sd2001, Aug 1, 2006 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  11. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    keep 'em coming!
    i'm sure we have lots of 'out of the box' thing to learn from you!
    i dun believe in being too straight myself..

one thing for sure.. you got to brush up your photoshop skills!

moonrock, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  12. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    You have to be "out of the box" these days! It is ESSENTIAL.

There is so much competition out there and people are getting smarter. You probably don't want to get caught like I did, but it doesn't do me any harm by being caught. You could argue it did, but I could argue it didn't.

You don't want to break the law though! That is when you cross the line. You can be "out of the norm" without getting yourself locked up.

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  13. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    teach me about psychology of surfers..consumer..eg.
    i'm sure you learn or know about this before you came up with this thread..

how they react.. and how we can profit from it..

moonrock, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Napoleon Hill did, as suggested by Andrew Carnegie, and it took him 25 years to compile. The result is called "Think and Grow Rich".

Just noticed sd2001 beat me on this one. Rouier, if you ever get to read that book you'll see that HONESTY is also very important. :rolleyes:

T0PS3O, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  15. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    well ive been successfully motivated...thanks to THIS thread :D

urbanstereotype, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  16. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    The number one when it comes to the psychology of web surfers is that they often times don't 'know' that they need something. They will spend a lot more time convincing themselves that they don't need products, than if they were at a physical location. I guess this applies to affiliate programs and sales more than Adsense but I will continue anyways.

Most people have the mindset that they want to save money, in other words they DONT WANT TO SPEND IT. When it comes to web surfers this 'quality' is intensified. The average web surfer is more likely to buy stuff on their own at a physical location. When you are walking around town, even if you don't realize, your mindset is "willing to spend", when you are on the web, you are more conservative and defensive with spending your money-- ie: most things are NOT necessary(in your mind)

Who determines that it is nessecary? NOT THE BUYER, because most surfers rule things out almost instantly. You walk into a physical store, you see a cool product and you are now in "willing" mode. You probably notice this within yourself. How often do you need a salesman to sell you something? A car, possibly a computer, sometimes home appliances, NOT MUCH ELSE.

For someone to sell you something online, they usually need pictures/graphs/charts/testimonials and more. Whens the last time you went to an outlet and needed all that just to get you to loosen up for a possible sale-- NEVER.

Even for a $5 product online, they have to lay you out mentally to get it. They have to tell you what you want to hear and quickly.

Anyone else want to pick my brain?

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  17. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    What you did was low and had nothing to do with helping others, but instead had everything to do with trying to be cool and accepted by others.

People like you are a distraction to others. You set people on a false course through intentional misdirection.

You should take this opportunity to reevaluate yourself and attempt to correct your warped way of thinking.

TooHappy, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  18. timw

timw Peon

Best Answers:
    Dayam guys, I need a thread like this to keep me pumping.

timw, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  19. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:
    How do you profit from the psychology of your average web surfer?

Well, I'd have to think about that one. You need to put yourself in their position.

For example:
    I wasn't getting any bids for an auction I had. It was clearly stated that the Buy It Now price was $99. Now if I want to make a sale, I have to know that, the mindset of my niche's customers, they want traffic and they want it as cheap as possible, because 99% of them are building websites for the money. They don't like to spend money, they want to make it. But when they see a good offer, they will jump on it.

So how did I get them thinking that this was a good opportunity for them?

By bidding they just convinced themselves that this was a good opportunity for them. They are now in "willing" mode. They were in defensive mode, but by physically bidding, they opened themselves up for a sale. Hook line and sinker!(I'm sorry to my bidders, I swear my services are good! LOL)

All my thread needed was a $1 bid, to turn the bidder into "willing mode" and to sway the readers that they should also be in "willing mode".

Hm.. I guess that it is for now.

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  20. Rouier

Rouier Banned

Best Answers:

That's funny because I am the creator of "Contribute your best" thread. I am also the owner of GetDigged.com(which helps people get the traffic and backlinks they need to succeed.) Starting a thread to motivate people to succeed is not out-of-character for me. It is actually very in-line with my claims to want to help others.

Adsense is a false course to follow? Does this mean you gave up? I actually don't care, just proving a point.

Yet again my posts reflect my claims.

Sorry but you lose.

Rouier, Aug 1, 2006 IP