1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger blocked by some ISPs in India?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by dotcompals, Jul 17, 2006.

1. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:

I never transferred to WP from my blogger.
    This is some type of mistake :rolleyes:

who needs that? :cool: j/k
    Dont worry if blogger is back iam sure everything will be back.

amitpatel_3001, Jul 20, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Hey will,
    IMHO, anything free has to have some limitations! Speaking against a religion or any sort of religious fanaticism in IMO not good at all, not especially on the internet where every strata of the society has access to it.

As i saw those sites, almost all of them had some provoking content, encouraging people to do something, what we call, BAD!

It's not actually what the govt. approves/disapproves! It's something in the best interest of the society! Not biased to any religion, it is something done by a handful of a$$h*l*s from every sect!

I guess, it's a feeling of "To each his own" here. But still if you feel something's right , you don't have to provoke other's to do it. Especially not in the name of wellness or religion !!!

Juss my 2¢

-Abhishek-, Jul 20, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  3. -Abhishek-

Best Answers:
    It will be unlocked too! All the Blanket Blocking will be disabled now!

4. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    yes, it seems only specific sites/sub-domains will be blocked now :)

onedollar, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  5. -Abhishek-

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,
    I had yesterday written to the CERT and to some of the guys I know, only one person replied, amazingly enough, the other's returned a 'Mailed-daemon' message informing of non-delivery..lol

Here is a mail, I got in reply from a friend whom I met at a NASSCOM seminar last year, who is the Security Admin at one of India's biggest ISPs.

6. web_guy

web_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys the ban is realy over now and I m seeing this with my eyes ....

Gr* job

web_guy, Jul 20, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  7. Raj Kumar

Raj Kumar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are right.

now ban is over. :)

Raj Kumar, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  8. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    yep , they open now .
    But i lost my Contest winning blog :(

amitpatel_3001, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  9. web_guy

web_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Feel for u dear .... Perhaps they will be changing their minds ... Wait for it ..... And till then dont cry

web_guy, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  10. web_guy

web_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Feel for u dear .... Perhaps they will be changing their minds ... Wait for it ..... And till then dont cry

web_guy, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  11. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  12. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i can see my blog guys :)

westhaven, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  13. samlocalguy

samlocalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone feel good after watching blog on the internet. Indian Govt. ban just 7 blogs. and give the green light to all others blogs.

samlocalguy, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    OK, so who will now be mirroring those sites content? :D

Will.Spencer, Jul 26, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  15. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No one will be mirroring for those sites, that's for sure.
    Only thing we hope that the authorities dont jump the gun in the future!!!

dotcompals, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  16. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Most sites that have been blocked, were blocked because they published something against the Congress(I) party , the Communists and the Government.

IBN-Live has done an article on it today - read

They has raised an important point - the website of the Hezbollah's tv channel is not only accessible in India it's hosted here as well.

sachin410, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  17. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    From that article -
    Dman govt. Ass suckers, modern age dictators...

Well but what is so surprising?? it had to happen since the govt's lead by Congress and supported by left...
    So what is next..Ban of Google......perhaps??

The Webmaster, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Here's a bit of what we as humans have learned about government:

Whenever there is an interest and power to do wrong, wrong will generally be done and not less readily by a powerful and interested Party, than by a prince. -- James Madison

We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert. -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop. -- P.J. O'Rourke

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators. -- P.J. O'Rourke

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ``needed'' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents ``interests,'' I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can. -- Barry Goldwater

Society in every state is a blessing, but government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. -- Thomas Paine

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. -- Ronald Reagan

The general (federal) government will tend to monarchy, which will fortify itself from day to day, instead of working its own cures. -- Thomas Jefferson

No man is wise enough, nor good enough to be trusted with unlimited power. Charles Caleb Colton (English author and clergyman; born 1780; died 1832)

Liberty has never come from government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is the history of resistance. -- Woodrow Wilson

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -- Mark Twain

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. -- Thomas Jefferson, Bill for the More General diffusion of Knowledge (1778).

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke

The State never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses. It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. -- Henry David Thoreau

The makers of the Constitution conferred, as against the government, the Right to be let alone; the most comprehensive of rights, and the right most valued by civilized men. -- Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis: Olmstead v. United States (1928)

If a society is to remain free, its government must be controlled. -- Ayn Rand

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have .... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases. -- Thomas Jefferson

Those who have been once intoxicated with power, and have derived any kind of emolument from it, even though but for one year, can never willingly abandon it. -- Edmund Burke

Must a citizen ever for a moment, or in the least degree, resign his conscience to the legislator? Why has every man a conscience, then? I think that we should be men first, and subjects afterward. It is not desireable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right. The only obligation which I have a right to assume is to do at any time what I think is right. -- Henry David Thoreau

Why are the people rebellious?
    Because the rulers interfere too much.
    Therefore they are rebellious.
    -- Lao Tsu

Every increase in the size of government necessitates a decrease in an individual's freedom. -- Christian Harold Fletcher Riley

The state represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

The state is the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly it lies, too; and this lie creeps from its mouth; 'I, the state, am the people.' -- Friedrich Nietzsche

The more people are controlled, the less contented they become.
    But when will leaders understand the significance of this?
    -- Lao Tsu

Will.Spencer, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  19. cencurut

cencurut Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All.. Today, 1st August 2006, Malaysian Government have decided to shut down (block) access to blogs if found that Anti-Government movement are using this platform to voice out their agendas. Singapore Government have also done that early this year.

What a suck country.. After China, Pakistan, India, Singapore and now Malaysia...

There is no "Freedom of Speech" whatsoever even in the Internet.

cencurut, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  20. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Indian Govt lifted the ban, however, few individual sites are still blocked.

The Webmaster, Aug 1, 2006 IP