1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why MFA sites can hurt you

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Avatar7, Jul 31, 2006.

1 They will sooner or later get you banned.

2 Money earned taste bitter. At least I would feel so if I get my earnings in such non-ethical non-legal ugly LAZY way.

3 You could have spent the same time and effort making your MFA (or a bit more)on a more productive quality site which -believe me- would have earned you much much much more.

4 They make advertisers bid LESS for the same keywords that once made high earnings, because they(advertisers) are not getting the results they want. Hence your earnings will be declining severely. (Mesothelioma ads are currently earning less than before as far as I heard).

5 They ruin the whole adsense /adwords system and make companies sue google which in turn will be reflected on your earnings.

khasmoth and Rosking like this.
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    would they ban an entire adsense account if it was run on a site with lots of free articles?

i mean, some MFA sites are legitimately large content sources, but all content is from ezine and other article sites. Would a person get banned for these?

frankcow, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  3. kajsng

kajsng Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have all duplicate content, it might hurt your search engine rankings, but as long as it's a legitimate site I wouldn't worry about getting banned.

kajsng, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  4. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From the thread title, I assumed you were talking about how MFA sites created by others can hurt you. I think they can, even if you don't build them yourself, because of Adsense/Adwords arbritrage.

MFA sites tend to gather traffic by bidding on low-cost keywords. So if they appear on your sites and someone clicks, you get paid very little, usually under 10 cents. So if you're getting a lot of low-paying clicks, it could be due to MFAs.

One way to avoid this is to cut down on the number of Adsense blocks you have on each page.

Obelia, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  5. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup, the titles sounds misleading. If your point 1 is right, nothing to worry much :)

alemcherry, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  6. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    4 and 5 apply for both, whether you made the site or others made it . Anyway :)

7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:

1 They will sooner or later get you banned
    . - Ban from what?? You wont get banned from adsense, most likely not even from SE either.

2 Money earned taste bitter. At least I would feel so if I get my earnings in such non-ethical non-legal ugly LAZY way.
    - Since when MFAs are Non-legal??
    Scraper sites are, but not MFAs.

3 You could have spent the same time and effort making your MFA (or a bit more)on a more productive quality site which -believe me- would have earned you much much much more. - Wrong!! MFA mostly doesnt require your time as much as a more productive quality site does.

4 They make advertisers bid LESS for the same keywords that once made high earnings, because they(advertisers) are not getting the results they want. Hence your earnings will be declining severely. (Mesothelioma ads are currently earning less than before as far as I heard). - Advertisers dont bid less but low converting sites get under smart pricing..

5 They ruin the whole adsense /adwords system and make companies sue google which in turn will be reflected on your earnings. - True...

The Webmaster, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  8. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you define MFA? Are you meaning sites with more ads than content? Do you mean sites which are made purely for making money from Adsense? If the latter, then most people on these forums would be banned, I think.

cornetto, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Even a site with more ads than content is not illegal, and would not be banned.
    May be unethical but not illegal

10. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    I think there was something in google's TOS about not to make a site for just advertising. DOn't remember now,though. I willcheck it later.
    Yes, but thats' regarding time. Regarding earnings ,on the long run you would have earned more

Same result at the end : Less Earnings

And i mean sites with much ads and few poor content. AS mesothelioma sites, where you find 2 blocks of ads and content in the form of some links to other mesothelioma sites. So Crappy!!

11. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Crappy, yes. Illegal, no.

Besides google loves these MFA sites

12. frankcow

Best Answers:
    if google loved them they wouldn't remove them from the index...

frankcow, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  13. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    They dont, do they?

14. frankcow

Best Answers:
    of course they do

I had one gaining very nicely in traffic, in the top 10 rankings for some terms, then BOOM, down to one visitor a day, and gone from those same SERPs

frankcow, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  15. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    their new algorithm is working on that. They are working on major changes these past couple of months

16. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Like, how to do a bad data push?? or how to index billions of spam pages?? or how to mess thousands of legit sites?? or how to f**k site: operator?? :p

17. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm irritated with this people with MFA sites. They keep on spamming my links page DB. Is there any script that will eliminate this problem?

khasmoth, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  18. Avatar7

Best Answers:
  19. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My definition: lots of Adsense, and no deep, original content.

So it could be a site that uses lots of articles gathered from article distibution sites. Not illegal, but duplicate content that's of no use to anyone except the webmaster.

Or it could be a series of pages about a topic, which tell you nothing that an 8 year old couldn't tell you. Things like, "Back pain can ruin your quality of life. However, people who take painkillers to treat back pain often find that it does a lot to alleviate their suffering. Painkillers can be bought in shops."

Obelia, Aug 2, 2006 IP
    Art likes this.
  20. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    wow , useful info about back pain, thanks obelia :p