1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When to start with PPC?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by gskesavan, Jul 15, 2009.

Fellow Internet Marketers

I've been bum marketing for almost 6 months now and I've made it to my first check of around $250. Now I've already made $100 for this month.

What is the best time for me to start PPC? I can invest around $500 only, but will that be enough?

Or is it alright if I invest a few hundred dollars on buying articles for bum marketing?

Do let me know what suggestions you've got. Thanks loads.

gskesavan, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  2. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PPC can make that $500 disappear very quickly.

If you are going down that route then make sure you read up everything you can on PPC because the competition (other advertisers) are only getting smarter.

Perry Marshalls ebook was a good place to start and would get you up to speed in a hurry although I'm not sure if it's completely up to date now a days.

There's some PPC's on the forum here, I think Domainiac is or was right into it, he'd probably have more good advice.

Good luck if you take the plunge!

terryd, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  3. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi gskesavan,

These are good questions you have put forward.

I can suggest that you trial adwords to test whether it converts or not before spending hundreds of dollars. You could put $50 into Adwords and if it works out that you are able to make profit from then you could spend your $500. You are able to set maximum bids for keywords, budgets, etc. so that you can control your finances. Quite a lot of people use AdWords for Affiliate Marketing and make good profits from it, so I don't see why you can't. If you decide to use AdWords then send me a PM as I may be of some assistance and as terryd said there are some others who could help you as well.

Hope this helps,
    Brennan :)

Brennan, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  4. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you can use the money that you earned from bum marketing to PPC to earn some experience.

Just like terryd said, $500 will disappear very quickly.

tanakanewyork, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  5. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:

Perry Marshalls ebook is the best. I made 20% more sales and spent 50% less in a week on Google AdWords. No kidding... and I do not even sell his stuff. Hum... maybe I should.

rickmci, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  6. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    gskesavan, Perhaps you can try yahoo Search Marketing. Their PPC is cheaper compare with google.

JoinStation, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  7. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense, but if it took you 6 months to make $250 from bum marketing, then you probably need some more experience before stepping up to PPC. I agree with some of the other posters in this thread - if you do start PPC, begin with a small budget ($20 per day or whatever) and see if you can at least break even to start. Moving too fast in the PPC game can get very painful very fast. I recommend that you spend more time working on getting your bum marketing more efficient...if you can start making a thousand bucks a month that way it will be much easier to run a successful PPC campaign.

dlm, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  8. IMcruiser

IMcruiser Banned

Best Answers:
    If your niche is ultra-tight (not many advertisers) then invest 20 bucks and see the kind of returns you get off of it. If your niche is not tight then unfortunately 500 bucks won't cut a dent into what the big earners spend (10K+ per day)

IMcruiser, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  9. sicnarf

sicnarf Member

Best Answers:
    Tread lightly when you get into PPC. What kind of knowledge do you have about PPC? Have you studied as much as you can and do you have good, well thought out and researched keywords that you feel confident about? If not, you'll just end up throwing money away.

sicnarf, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  10. MedicAffiliate

MedicAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm starting ppc myself with a similar budget, maybe we could talk over msn. PM me your id if you wish.

MedicAffiliate, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  11. gskesavan

gskesavan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Terry. I don't want to take too much risk now but I will surely try my luck with 50$ on PPC in a few days. I will check out that book, thanks for letting me know about it.

I will need some assistance as soon as I start. If you're going to charge profesional fee try to keep it a bit low, I'm still a student. :D ;)

Thanks a lot for the tips. I will get back to you once I put up my first campaign.

Exactly! I don't think I have too much experience in Bum Marketing. I was a content writer. I'm bored to write, that's my problem. I write 10 articles per niche and make around 3 sales. After I get 3 sales I jump to another niche. This is because I'm totally bored of writing articles.

What do you think? Shall I hire a writer and try bum marketing for another month or so?

I have a vague idea about PPC but I don't think it'll help me in any way. I have good set of keywords and they have not much competition. I think it's time for a little gamble to see what works.

PM Sent!

GUYS! Thanks a lot for the replies. I think I need more replies.

Is it advisable to hire a writer for bum marketing? I can write articles but I don't find the time and interest now. Only Landing Pages I write by myself.

What do you guys think? PPC? or Hire a writer for Bum Marketing?

gskesavan, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  12. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Bum Marketing is a free approach. If you are in a position to test your skills in PPC, then you can go with Adwords.

markov, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  13. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There is a learning curve in PPC marketing. You can start learning but you'll also need to run a few campaigns just to get an overview of how things work.

PPC is all about testing different markets by using several networks.

evelinawilliams007, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  14. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your looking for a writer then the usual going rate here at DP is 1c/word in the content section.

I totally agree with precious, you need to run a few campaigns to understand how it works.

Brennan, Jul 16, 2009 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  15. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i do agree like what precious007 mentioned above, we have to do some campaign, then learn it and at the same time observe the result.

JoinStation, Jul 17, 2009 IP
  16. Gort

Gort Peon

Best Answers:
    I used writers here on DP and found the quality about as good as a high school drop outs. I suggest using elance.com and only get people with a proven track record, with english as their first language, and a minimum education of a bachelor's degree.

Gort, Jul 17, 2009 IP
  17. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea, though you would be able to find someone on DP with a proven track record, English as the first language and a bachelors degree but I do agree there not all like that, some are shocking.

Brennan, Jul 17, 2009 IP
  18. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    test landing pages, test ads, test keywords, monitor results...

hbl, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  19. JoinStation

JoinStation Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct, elance.com is preferable.
    However, some might not the one you prefer, however, don worry, you can go through their resume and read through it.

JoinStation, Jul 18, 2009 IP