1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense spanked :(

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by SERPalert, Jul 31, 2006.

1. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm saying a hypothetical situation. Nothing to do with my problem. Lets say I don't like you, I take you adsense code, put them on my website and run up lots of fake imperssions etc...

This isn't my situation, im saying the system could be open to abuse. I'm not ruling out it's nothing to do with the jamroll sites.

I have several different companies. Currently i bulk them all up into one adsense account.

Do you think it is wise of me (considering I'm now banned) to create a seperate adsense account for each seperate ltd company/website?

SERPalert, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  2. Avatar7

Best Answers:

Ofcourse he should remove the ads entirely . I am not saying just tell them about the mistake and give url to this post in DP ONLY. He shouls remove the ads and as well do the above as it might help. It might tell google this man really didn't intend to cheat

3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Well, thats good advice then. Maybe I misunderstood your original statement

So far it seems like Google can figure that out. Obviously I have no idea how they are doing it. Whether its not banning people unless they can tell it is definately them or if they can trace back to who is actually responsible (Not all that difficult given the amount of info they capture when you sign up or sign in to your account)

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  4. tvelasquez

tvelasquez Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes SERPalert, but you did not get ban until you kept inquiring about what you did wrong. Correct?

tvelasquez, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  5. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    That is indeed correct. I suppose im only putting my problem back under someones nose when im hitting reply....

6. tvelasquez

tvelasquez Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really,
    I learn a lot from these forums/post, and believe me, someone else will learn from this one also. It's a great resource and hopfully you will be able to find some useful information that will work for you.

7. amitpagarwal

amitpagarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone please explain to me in simple English what is "co-op" ?

amitpagarwal, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  8. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The coop referenced in this thread is the Coop Advertising Network

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  9. amitpagarwal

amitpagarwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks yfs1. I was not aware of this.

amitpagarwal, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  10. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why Google is not forthcoming with more information is that if they told you specifically what had been detected and how they managed to detect it, those who are engaging in click fraud as a business model (yes, there are those out there) would use that information to their advantage.

End result: So if they gave every suspended webmaster the full story on exactly how their invalid clicks were detected, many of those would end up on message boards, and click frauders could use this information to perpetrate even *more* click fraud on the content network. And the higher amount of click fraud there is, the more likely advertisers are to cease advertising on AdWords or pull their ads on the content network, which means less money and ad inventory for all publishers.

So bottom line, they aren't going to release the nitty gritty of what was detected and how they did it, because it would lead to more click fraud and potentially click fraud that is harder to detect.

Jenstar, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  11. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:

No problem with any of that. But I have 1000+ Domains, narrowing it down to which domain is the problem would *really* help me. Or are they even not going to tell me that?

12. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the problem with simply telling him the domain name? They don't have to give them all the ins and outs of their algorithm.

Icheb, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  13. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are far too busy fighting over decorating their new personal jet, so that isn't going to happen.

The funtastic thing about this for Black Hats is Google has handed them a wonderful way to get their competitor kicked out of AdSense. Just sign them up for every auto-surf program out there - then just sit back and watch your competition's business model crumble.

Phynder, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  14. tvelasquez

tvelasquez Peon

Best Answers:
    Due to the size, stock and propriety of google they use a standard letter when responding to tos violations, because there are so many people out there waiting in the wings to sue them or anyone with money. If they were to provide specifies or detail information of violations they would only open the door for those sue happy people.

For example, let’s say you work for a company and during your employment you get caught having sex in the janitor’s closet by management, you then are terminated. Now, they will not tell you, you were terminated for having sex in the closet they will just say that you are terminated for either violating rules/policies and your termination will only say terminated. And if you’re smart you want ask “why”, because it’s understood that you violate a policy or rule of that company.

So, like google provide a service in which we decided that we will use their service and follow their rules and policy (tos). So they don’t have to reveal JACK!

15. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the TOS, it says it is up to the person placing the ads to monitor and protect from invalid clicks. There are many tasks you can do to do that, ex. AdLogger, website modules w/ built-in protection, etc.

pjk, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  16. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can try selling ads directly.

soniqhost.com, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see you being able to work it out, because it was not really a misunderstanding and you can't do anything to make Google comfortable. As mentioned you don't have control over the content of your adsense ads, and because of that, you are simply not someone they would want to keep in the program, regardless of their intentions.

If I were you I would not spend 5 minutes trying to get back into adsense, and instead move to other programs that are more compatible with your goals.

aeiouy, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  18. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    exactly, google needs to protect their advertisers, and with your setup they have no way (and uyou have no way) of guaranteeing proper useage

fordP, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  19. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Joe Clickfraud opens an AdSense account and launches 50 sites, each using a slightly different click fraud process.... Google bans him, yet tells him WHICH site or sites it was that triggered the ban, and Google has given the Joe Clickfraud valuable information he could use in the next scam. So if Google did give up this information, it could definitely be used against them.

Jenstar, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  20. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, now im really confused. My account still works, yesterday logged some good money. Totay I continue to get impressions etc.

What gives!?

SERPalert, Aug 1, 2006 IP