1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hubpages is scam??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by felani, May 12, 2008.

1. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    As far as i know, and what i've seen with people who've been using Hubpages there arent any issues, in fact some of them go on to boast that Hubpages is better then blogger or Wordpress, but that's just the opinion of those who are in affect making more then $2,000 a month =]

Pinpointcomm, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  2. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, the top person, they say makes $1800 per month, there are a handful that make between hundred and the $1,000 mark.
    Remember they supposedly have 75,000+ members. Suffice to say I think most of these are multiples, or pseudo accounts. I have never heardanyone boast $2,000. Most say $100.00 payout is achieved in around nine months.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  3. Gamergirl

Gamergirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Before Amazon shut off North Carolina accounts, I was making roughly $250 a month with Hubpages between Adsense, Clickbank, Amazon and a separate affiliate program.

siobhanoflannetty - If you had a bad experience with Hubpages, that's fine. I've been a member for two years, and I can tell you that most likely you're upset and think it's a scam for - most likely - the wrong reasons.

Point blank: If you start an account at Hubpages, write some articles, then expect Hubpages' low Alexa rank and high PR to do the work of driving traffic for you - it won't. BUT, if you write, promote, become even moderately active, you will see results.

Additionally, it's been proven that you CAN make several hundred dollars within your first 30 days by posting regularly and promoting your articles. You just have to be able to sit down and **get it done***.

Gamergirl, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  4. diginic

diginic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages isn’t a scam actually, but you must have some problems with their business model.

Hubpages allows you to publish own articles free while fast indexing them on Google. So, you can use hubpages for getting instant traffic in to your web site. (Due to my experience Hubpages is excellent traffic resource)

Next, "Hubpages + Adsense" No one wants to give you anything free. So, article directories publish Adsense ads (or) other ads with your articles and keep all profits by themselves. As an example; after good keywords research, you publish an article; indexes in first page of Google, tons of traffic are coming to article. Adsense is always contents targeted so, after reading your article if some one won't be satisfied with your offer perhaps they'll click on Adsense and they'll keep all profits and you've nothing.

But on this way, Hubpages is good because they allow putting your own Adsense also with your articles (Huds) with their own ads too. But no body can give you a guarantee that people will click on your own Adsense ads. It has very poor probability.

Anyway, my suggestion is thinking to earn Adsense profits with Hubpages perhaps may be wastage.

BUT Hubpages is excellent resource (I give 100 marks) for getting free Traffic as you wish mainly form Google and Yahoo.

I Love Hubpages it's not a scam

diginic, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  5. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    HUbpages for $$, Thats hopeless, i guess we all use hubpages, squidoo and web 2.0 properties for backlinks and supporting our main website.

Oranges, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  6. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree but you can get traffic from way better sources than Hubpages. this original Post asked was Hubpages a Scam, Course it is no one is going to make real dollars from a Site like that. They take peoples articles, and make money for themselves. So if that isn't a Scam what the hell is. Also the money quoted by gamegirl, it is pathetic. Your own website would make alot more.
    Hubpages hasn't particularly done anything to me. I just think that it is a Scam, it is a Waste of time and I was merely answering the question, in a bid to stop someone else wasting effort to achieve didly squat:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  7. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are a scam.

There - an argument as well thought out as yours.

Phynder, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  8. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok.. Heated discussion about to take place :| Guys calm down.

Pinpointcomm, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  9. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just because a person doesn't make money from something doesn't make it a scam. They have their own agenda and it's not about you. A lot of people make money in a lot of different ways. You can't really expect to just join a site and post a few articles and expect the money to flow in. That's the reality of any endeavor.

internetmarketingiq, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  10. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    If your putting in your best efforts it's kinda doubtful that you wont bear any rewards, just make sure that you properly understand what and how your doing it :)

11. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting little theory Phynder, well it would be if it made sense, can you enlighten me.
    I think my argument, holds a little more weight at the momento but happy to see you prove me wrong, if you can.

12. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    I am as cool as a cucumber, lol, no not heated enjoying Phynder, hes fun,. :D

13. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    Uhh guys, Easy now.. Nothing below the belt here :p, though hub page's isnt really a scam :)

14. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, I understand the process, I just think it is another of many scams that people get drawn into, Scam means anything that takes away something from a Party, with full realization, that the Party will not really be benefiting. Please does anyone get that.

15. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people like to excite themselves over Trivia i am sitting here with a glass of wine chilling, and typing, Morning it probably won't even make sense. lol.

16. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    I have decided that if Hubpages is not a scam as you suggest, then it must be a dodgy little Cult. I just don't get how people so steadfastedly believe in it. :)

17. web-fanatic

web-fanatic Banned

Best Answers:
    nopes
    its an online revenue sharing platform.
    I had earned some good amt with them
    They are really good

web-fanatic, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  18. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    That's what i keep telling people, It's alright might not be the BEST but it's good :)

19. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    You are obviously very good on the net, and know your Stuff!
    I am really meaning SCAM for all those poor sods that go out and write, buckets of Hubs and then cry because they make nothing. I wouldn't bother, I go the Blog Website way. But a Scam is really anything that takes in someone, and I guess you are not counted sorry, as you clearly do not come into the catergory, of people I believe could be scammed.
    My guess is you use it for the traffic links etc., honestly so many of the Hubbers think that they can give up their Day jobs
    I'm not being argumentative just saying what I think.:)

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  20. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Shall we say it is OK if you are an Expert and can use it.
    I have no probs at all with anyone, using it, I think it deserves to be used.
    But it clearly seeks out all types of propoganda, mostly bad but some very good and the rewards generally, are pathetic. I think it is as I am screaming now a Scam in a different sort of way it cons people into thinking that they will make money, knowing full well that they are unlikely to do so.
    I am not taslking about the top end of the Internet Geeks, that know the way to link etc. I can do that too. But i wouldn't use hubpages.

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 13, 2009 IP