1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hubpages is scam??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by felani, May 12, 2008.

1. beemboy

beemboy Peon

Best Answers:
    it is a good site and not scam

beemboy, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  2. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i earno couple of $ from hubpages and it is not a scam

config_error, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  3. uttampegu

uttampegu Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, it is not a scam

uttampegu, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  4. ipkum

ipkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    say no to hubpages.that because SCAM!!!

ipkum, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  5. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Have you got anything more than "because" to back up your argument?

Reprobate, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  6. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ack - That requires effort! (yes, you are spot on)

People - there is a relationship (dare I say a causal relationship?) between effort and results.

Phynder, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  7. alexsurge45

alexsurge45 Guest

Best Answers:
    No dear they are not scam. They are not paying anybody. They are advertisement revenue sharing site. May be you hub is not getting enough traffic to earn a single penny.

many people use it for many reason, some to earn and some to get traffic. its upto you what you would like to do...

alexsurge45, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  8. GreatGuru

GreatGuru Guest

Best Answers:
    This argument is getting dumb. Calling hubpages a scam is like calling blogger.com a scam because they are quite similar. They are free services.
    If you have not made any money on hubpages, its either you have not bothered to build your network of friends, not bothered to submit to social bookmarking sites, or even as stupid enough to not have added your adsense in the settings panel.

Hubpages can earn big money if your dedicated to it, and want too write original good content, those who choose to just use it for SEO purposes and link build will not earn as much as someone who dedicated there time just to build valuable content its simple its easy to understand this.

Basically hubpages is a free service that hosts your articles. They take revenue share and rotate the adsense with yours. Nothing more nothing less.

If you dont earn its your fault.

GreatGuru, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  9. ThalesMM

ThalesMM Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried hugpages a few months ago. All I have to say, is not scam.

ThalesMM, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  10. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've tried hubpages and it doesn't make money well for me, but it's good for traffic and backlinks for my main sites .:)

gusher08, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  11. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hubpages is good.. its simple and user friendly..Although it doesnt have much mods but it is powerful. I have not made much from adsense. It all depends on the content and traffic..

elitesystem, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  12. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hub pages is overated, but I dont know if its a "scam." That is unless you have spent some kind of money on it. But if all you have done is put some time into the project, then no, its not a scam.

~kev~, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  13. geogoogle

geogoogle Peon

Best Answers:
    DO YOU KNOW HOW to earn money through hubpages?Yes I know I am only a beginner on hubpages and why am I offering advice on how to make money online. Well to be honest I saw the question and I just had to answer it because of all my past experiences of trying to make money online with adsense. So why not join Hubpages and see if I can make money on there, here we go again. Wish me luck in my pursuit of making 300$ a month within 12 months and follow my progress through this hub as I update it. Oh yes my adsense earnings are starting to roll in as I made 54 cents with one click yesterday, retirement here I come. Damn my earnings have dropped to a cent, methinks I might do a Hubpage Diary on How To Make Money Online Within a Year and make it a Weekly Diary.

I joined Blogger and had a great little joke website going along with another health site each that I bought for only 10$. Yes I know Blogger is free but I spent the 10 dollars to give it a dot com name instead of the blogspot name. To be honest you have to put a hell of a lot of work into building a good website and if you don't get your keywords right then your adsense ads will be useless and will have no chance of being clicked. This leads to despair and the point when many just give up which is why I think Hubpages is the place to make money online, loads of adsense dollars, pounds or whatever your currency is.

After 6 months they both got a google pr rating of 3 and I was making 20$ a month but I lacked what most people wanting to make money online don't have and that my friends is patience. Google Adsense is like a snowball rolling down a hil, it slowly gets bigger and bigger as months then years pass by. I like a loser gave up but decided to try one more time to crack the secret of making money online without spending money or without too much effort.

That is when a friend told me all about Hubpages where I am not restricted to writing about jokes or health, I can write about whatever to heck I want. Plus Hubpages actually sort out my google adsense ads and my amazon adverts, it's like Hubpages do all my work for me. Plus there are people who help you, inspire you and point you in the right direction. Plus I have picked up more tips on here on how to make money on Hubpages than anywhere else online.

So after many years Badcompany99 has at last discovered how to make money online without spending any money. Post regular hubs onto hubpages and do not ever give up and be patient enough to stick at it for a few years. I hope that answers your question but the main factor is PATIENCE because without that you will make not one penny, good luck my friends.

Thing is how many times to post and this is something I have given a lot of thought to. But the most important thing is what time to post your hub. I live in PAKISTAN but I found most of my hubs were more popular in America and India. I love you Americans and Indians, you have good taste but I was posting my hubs early morning Uk time when all you lot were sleeping. So now I work out the prime time for both America and India and time my posting around that.

Always take these small details into consideration as your reader is the most important thing, you need to get all those daft buggers back to read more of your crap. I dunno but it never fails to baffle me why people read my stuff but then George Bush was president so I guess it is true, you can fool all of the people all of the time. Right I am off to think of my next hub and dream about my adsense earnings making me money online, yup this time next year I will indeedy be a millionaire.

ALSO VISIT WWW.ADSENSE4REVENUE.COM

geogoogle, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  14. zeewaqar77

zeewaqar77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hubpages is not a scam.....

zeewaqar77, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  15. roddma

roddma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I noticed a jump in Kontera earnings from my Christmas,Easter, and Halloween hubs. I got banned from adsense so cant use them. It is wise to take advantage of the upcoming holidays. As far as a scam goes i really cant call it one. the key is keywords and effort.

roddma, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  16. forest1

forest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, hubpages is a good extra source for adsense.

forest1, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  17. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    Be interesting to see how you go, I think you have to watch, Hubpages, with the link widget things, also you can get your adsense, disabled, usually without NOTICE , then you get nothing, so watch for that, There are alot of people on there that that has happened to. Its all down to the linking, by others, also they have people that try stupid things like clicking on their ads, o:)r their friends.
    I ride Horses for a living and am now longer on Hubpages, Squidoo, or Helium. But of them all I made most out of Squidoo, second came Helium, and Hubpages, I have never had a payout from.

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  18. reviewsquad

reviewsquad Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's cool. Would your share more tips for a hub-beginner like me? :)

reviewsquad, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  19. geogoogle

geogoogle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hubpages is not a scam
    Its depend your article and which keyword you use and how you promt your article

geogoogle, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  20. siobhanOflannetty

siobhanOflannetty Peon

Best Answers:
    :confused:
    I know that Hubpages would not technically be regarded as a Scam, and I get what you are saying.
    Scam is taking from someone, or endeavouring to take something from someone, without fair, nor any recompence.
    So to my mind it is a Scam, perhaps not in the True word, but it does take Writers Articles, make alot of money for itself, and not make fair recompense.
    It is about numbers, afterall why can people not close accounts? all the abandoned account Base (Home) Pages, have ads on them, and there are around 75,500 Members, listed, Yet Hubpages certainly would not have this many real members.
    So if not a Scam. It is severely misrepresenting itself.
    Also it has become a very tired Site, its talent is leaving for greener pastures, if it was so great this would not be happening.
    Siobhan

siobhanOflannetty, Jul 11, 2009 IP