1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense spanked :(

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by SERPalert, Jul 31, 2006.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    They won't agree though...They firmly believe that you are responsible for any site where you knowingly put your AdSense code (obviously doesn't include if someone else puts it there without your knowledge)

What about selling the Ad Space yourself? Im not sure how much AdSense was making you but selling advertising on 1000 sites can be very profitable.

You can even do it by impressions using phpAdsNew or something similar if your subdomains get tons of traffic.

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  2. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    What about like fastlclick , casale , or tribial fusion, cpx interactive, basicly a cpm network

sundaybrew, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  3. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Didn't I already say.

What is most annoying is google didn't give me the chance, or indeed information, to rectify the problem.

SERPalert, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    That may be just a tad harse though...We see a lot of AdSense scammers and I don't think SerpAlert technically did anything wrong. One of his customers violated the TOS and now he has to live with the consequences but I'm not sure he is really trying to divert the blame...Just figure out what his options are.

What it comes down to is that Google has an obligation to protect advertisers and if an advertiser is not getting value on a particular publishers site (defined by their unique AdSense code) it is the "publisher" that gets held to the TOS.

Its unfortunate that they con't provide the specific offender but as you said "How can you expect to monitor 1000 sites"

Its actually possible they have been recording minor offences like paid to surf multiple times and this time it finally got you banned

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  5. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you think google wont give me the url of the problem domain? If that's the case evil people can wreak havok.

Hypothetically speaking, what stops me putting someone else code on my site? Someone i don't like then inflating the impressions with such programs and getting them banned?

I feel sore because I'm not a scammer, I've done nothing (intentionally) wrong.

I'm going to go through the appeal process, wish me luck!

6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    This is different...You own the site. You are just letting others put the content on
    They aren't saying you are a scammer, they are just saying that with that type of site, you aren't compatable with the AdSense program
    Good luck but in the end, you still don't control the sites your AdSense code is on (but owned by you)...Even if they reinstate, you will most likely be banned again when one of your customers violates the TOS

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  7. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    No, my users own the domain and their content (TLD's) we also offer some subdomain hosting which is indeed owned by us.

But like I said, what stops that hypothetical situation? If there's someone i don't like i can get them banned...I'm getting off topic sorry.

8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like someone not taking responsibility to me. But whatever. /shrug

jackburton2006, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  9. yfs1

Best Answers:
    The problem with saying "Hypothetical" is that this situation isn't...You are knowingly putting your code onto these sites.

If your code was used by someone else, you could state your case to Google and they would investigate it. I bet you they already did in this case, saw it was a free hosting site, saw you were the actual owner of the free hosting site, and applied the ban. Most of that process is automated of course.

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  10. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also thought about putting adsense in a free blog hosting I was creating, and I thought twice... no, don't want to loose my account.
    There are alternatives, even if they don't pay as good.

Coupons, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    If you registered the company as its own entity though you would be fine as it would shelter your other sites (The ones you have full control over)

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  12. tvelasquez

tvelasquez Peon

Best Answers:
    google is not the only network out there for those in your situation, however, having said that I happen to be a big google fan. I also use fastclick on some of my sites and do very well. But I'm in the process of converting all of my sites to google.

Welcome to that great American Law, "you're guilty until proven innocent"

I hate to say it, but from what I read, you sounded like you were hiding something and I'm sure they picked up on that.(and most likly you were being perfectly honest)

But good luck.

tvelasquez, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  13. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    You should have suspected it from the beginning since u offer free hosting. Anyway in your appeal , explain the situation and even -I think- it might help to give them the link to this post here in DP.

Concerning this hypothetical condition, I myself thought of it before . You can even get the id number of any google ads publisher , by simply going to his site and clicking "view page source". However the solution for this, is that you monitro your account very carefully using CHANNELS and if you see impressions and clicks from unknown sources, u will know something is wrong and you can report to google. They won't ban you, instead they will appreciate it and investigate to see who is trying to hit you under the belt.

14. yfs1

Best Answers:
    In all fairness, that doesn't apply to this issue as you sign an agreement which states they can close your account, etc at any time. So it isn't a matter of Guilty/Innocent

Except at the end of the day, the same people could still be buying paid-to-surf traffic and displayijng his AdSense ID. You don't tend to get reinstated unless you stop doing the action that got you suspended in the first place.

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  15. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best bet is to try get your own advertisers, i am sure you would fine a lot of people will to advertise on any of your 1000 websites.

chachacallis, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    PHPAdsNew is definitely the way forward. Throttling AdSense / Ad delivery is dead easy with it and can avoid nasty situations like this.

Show ads only twice to the same IP? No problem.
    Only allow 120% of your average impressions (avoiding spikes)? No problem.
    If you hack it up you can even limit ad delivery by referer so if a new site which averaged say 100 imps a day gets Dugg, you can choose to not show ads to the 101st Digger and on wards removing all doubt for Google.

I am half-way a blog post about this you may want to look out for. I've seen so many accounts booted which could have bene implemented with 3 hours and no money worth of investment.

T0PS3O, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  17. tvelasquez

tvelasquez Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry yfs1, but I believe it does apply for these reasons,

1. SERPalert account was flagged by a program for possible tos violation, then instead of doing some investigation of their site like checking click history, impression to find the cause, they, then

2. Wrote google bring attention, and raising suspicion, then wrote them again, causing them to say "guilty" of something.

I believe if I were to start a poll to see how many people received a letter from google and replied vs not replied to google, I would bet, that those that did nothing still have their accounts vs those that did reply.

Sometime "Silence can be Golden"

18. yfs1

Best Answers:

What you are suggesting though is that Google should never ban an account until they have heard from the publisher...In that scenario, it would benefit the publisher to never reply, therefore never getting banned.

yfs1, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  19. tvelasquez

tvelasquez Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I'm not saying that. I only stating that we (web site owners) should do more investigating, research and ground work before contacting google. I have read too many post where others have received emails from google and have just gone nuts and contacted them Immediately without any Investigating on their part, and finding out later that they have violated google's tos, then, they begin to blame google for their misfortunes. That's all I'm stating. - Investigate before cying wolf!

20. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    Interestingly I've had these before, each time I've replied. Shown willing to help and we've got the situation under control.

So I wasn't worried when I got the initial email, but now I'm banned.