1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LIberals appeal to the weakness and lack of morals and values within mankind and thru psychological propaganda make them feel empowered as long as they stay in the flock supporting the agenda promising them a taste of what others have which they themselves are not making the sacrifice working for. we are not dealing with logic. We are dealing with people often uneducated, full of anger and hopelessness raised by the surrounding environment and its members who have given up a long time ago and take pleasure in taking others down with them.

I am now experiencing the same in a country which does not help its citizens in any way and thru propaganda blames America for their own issues and the ignorant believe it when in fact American companies are the reason the country survives.

Helping those who truly needed is important and a part of Christian anglo values. One of the most cherished things is to give to the poor. But keeping people poor and spoiling them into complacent misery is only what liberal propagandists are doing. They need the votes and the masses can easily be swayed by the perception of free riches.

Pioneer Gold is right. I have met so many Americans in my life who do nothing but complain, but when it comes time to make a decision, they crawl back to the hand that really feeds them rather than tangling that spoon in front of them to lead them to the polls.

This past election was pathetic and all based on getting people to the polls who usually are not interested in even taking the time out of their "busy lives" to do so nor care about anything happening in any parts of the world other than their very own.

I am also working with some investors who have managed to get a lot of stimulus money into projects which are not likely to ever produce revenue or benefit humankind in any way. Not only has Obama taken away money from those who could use it to better the nation, his plan also ensures that most of it is being simply wasted.

But again, nothing in this past election had to do with logic. All of it was selling an image, a dream, a perception.

Hollywood style as usual. The same skills that turned many gay actors into "most eligible bachelors" on the screen made Obama look like a savior and the masses bought it.

What else is new?
    After Trillions wasted and false hopes have died Americans will wake up.

Like Winston Chruchill once said: "You can always rely on Americans to do the right thing ... after having tried everything else."

Mike Dammann

Blogmaster, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The difference is about 3 trillion dollars in additional spending within his first few weeks as President. Couple that with his tax hike on 95% of Americans, and now his latest initiative. He wants us to have teeth like yours up in Canada with his health care plan.

I'm still trying to figure out why he's even back here.

Mia, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  3. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still trying to figure out how you can show your face here after your ridiculous comments about the economy from 2008.

That is the definition of ignorance.

PioneerGold, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    For example?

No, its called experience.

Mia, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  5. PioneerGold

Best Answers:
    This is just a sampling of your cluelessness about the state of the economy and your unwillingness to accept OBVIOUS failures in the economy.

April 30, 2008 Post #1539 & #1540 & #1554

Experience at delusion.

6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What do you find so confusing here? At that time there was no recession... Down turn? Yes, recession no.

That's is what I consider your support of the current administration to be.
    Once again, experience prevails.

Do you really need further clarification?

Mia, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe he doesn't realize it was 2008 when those were posted???

debunked, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I realized that there was an error in my earlier post.

Technically, there are two ways to make a country richer. One is my increasing productivity, the other is by reducing expenditures.

We could make America richer by spending a lot less money. Both private spending and government spending are fair targets.

Private spending can be discouraged by increasing interest rates, reducing capital gains, or imposing a national sales tax.

Government spending can be discouraged by voting the kleptocrats out of office, tar and feathering them, or watering the tree of liberty with their blood.

Will.Spencer, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  9. PioneerGold

Best Answers:
    It's official: Recession since Dec. '07

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    An economic forecasting firm believes that the economy will start improving the last half of this year, and things will get better from here. It may seem optimistic to some, but I really hope they are right.

Rebecca, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  11. im.imrankhan

im.imrankhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes the whole world is looking to it. American economy really matter a lot to whole world

im.imrankhan, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  12. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I was watching several new channels today when a few of them stated that we have spent, get this, a total of 7% of the last stimulus. You know, the one that was supposed to create jobs by giving money to shovel ready projects? Yea, 7% has been spent and some Congressmen want to see another stimulus package soon because the first one was "not effective". Um, HELLO. Of couse it wasn't effective if most of the money is not due to be released until 2010 or 2011.

We should be slapping ourselves for electing these idiotic Congressmen and Representatives!

Firegirl, Jul 8, 2009 IP
    bogart likes this.
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ***SLAP!!!***

There do you feel better now?

J/K I would like to slap a few to get their heads on straight, but since crack babies are voting these days there isn't much you can do.

debunked, Jul 8, 2009 IP
    bogart likes this.
  14. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's calls from the Obama adminstation for a 2nd stimulus. Where's the money going to come from? Even if we print it, what's to say that the money will fix the economy? The 1st Obama stimulus package has been a failure. Only $373 million has been spent on infrastructure. Most of the aid to the states has been spent on medicaid/medicare.

bogart, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  15. PioneerGold

Best Answers:
    So, you're saying that's why Bush got a second term?

You can't put all the blame for this on Bush and the people who voted for him. :confused:

PioneerGold, Jul 8, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I don't think he yet realizes its 2009 now.

Not by definition. And certainly not according to those that lived it. In my industry we suffered a HUGE recession under Clinton. I would say recovery for our industry did not go into full surge until some time after 2005. Don't remember anyone crying for us.

Anyway, things are pretty good from where I sit even now. Actually better than ever.

Would have been nice to have seen some bailouts and stimulus for those of us in the tech industry back in the dot bomb days. :rolleyes:

He got a second term because more people voted for him than the other guy. More people felt comfortable with a leader that was PROACTIVE and on the OFFENSIVE, rather than one that spent his days nursing a paper cut and marrying into a Ketchup empire.

Mia, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The people to blame for the mortgage financial crisis are still running the show.

1) Barney Frank, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, had a gay relationship with a Fannie Mae executive while at the same time regulating the industry.
    2) Christopher Dodd, the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, received two 30-year "special treatment" loans from subprime lender Countrywide Financial Corp.
    3) Barry Obama - sued Citibank Under Community Reinvestment Act to Force it to Make Bad Loans
    4)Rahm Emanuel - White House Chief of Staff, served on the board of directors of the federal mortgage firm Freddie Mac. At the time Freddie Mac deceived investors by misreporting profits by billions of dollars between the years 2000 and 2002.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bogart, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  18. PioneerGold

Best Answers:
    So, you're saying the people who actually ran the banks had no responsibility for the bank collapse?

Ben Bernanke / Alan Greenspan (chairmen of the Federal Reserve)
    Timothy Geithner (head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
    SEC Chairman Christoper Cox
    CEOs of Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns, and JP Morgan.

Are you saying the politicians forced the banks to sell credit default swaps (CDS)?

Are you saying the politicians forced the banks to use mortgage-backed securities (MBS) as assets AND capital?

Are you saying the politicians forced the bond rating agencies to give the MBS AAA-ratings?

Are you saying the politicans forced the banks to sell the MBS around the world as AAA-rated securities and then come back and sell CDS as insurance against loss?

Are you saying sub-prime loans are the reason the financial system collapsed?

PioneerGold, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, he's telling you who was in charge of telling the banks what to do.
    Ah like, DUH!!! Wear the hell have you been? I've been watching this for over 30 years.. Starting with Carter and the CRA and then Clinton and the CRA again..

Yes, the moron moonbat liberals that were in charge of forcing these government created institutions to make bad loans (loans they KNEW were bad) are 100% to blame.

Do you live under a rock?

Mia, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Exactly. We get the government we deserve. The American people voted to punish working Americans and small businesses. We chose to reward bureaucrats and large businesses who had made horrible decisions. We chose to penalize good decision making and reward poor decision making. We chose to force the economy into recession with a trillion new dollars of government debt and thousands of pages of crippling regulation.

We should be dancing and singing in the streets right now -- we got what we voted for!

[​IMG]

I am appalled by the idiocy of people who believe that driving business out of business will improve the economy. These people believe that "government jobs" actually create wealth. Government jobs never create wealth, they just take the wealth from the pocket of one American and put it into the pocket of another American.

This "stimulus" was the largest act of theft in human history -- nothing more.

Will.Spencer, Jul 8, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.