1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where have all the loyal directory owners gone?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sizzler_chetan, Jul 2, 2009.

1. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply :) But still as i said, i never had found a better forum for directories than DP and that was 2 years ago.

I don't care what is going on in the other sections of the DP forums, but at least people who were active in directories section keep coming and talking good things about directories that can keep up the passion for directory owners.

Frankly, i had joined nearly 10 other webmaster forums and none of them had a proper section for directories, they just talked everything against it.
    And finally, if we don't see the directory owners who were active earlier, now back on DP, i would make an initiative to start some other better place for the discussion of directories. And hope to find enough support from everyone who are and were here.

sizzler_chetan, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  2. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can agree that I have not found a better forum for directories either. However what I have found is there are better ways to communicate with those directory owners that I want to... Via phone, IM and email.

swedal, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  3. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    Would be a tough haul but... This new one who is working his ass off to 'do it right' would love to see it tried. I have seen 2 or 3 attempts at directory related forums die.

This place sorely needs mod(s) with big ones and the power to delete/close/move the garbage threads.

Harkster, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are other ways of communication but a helpful place for
    better discussion between a load of members is a forum rather than
    email or IM. :)

Yep, i have seen that too. I had seen directory-owners.com running good earlier and now its a parked domain and a couple other forums.
    I will give a try after a couple of weeks when am free from my exams etc. then would see that running perfectly. I know how a directory is to be maintained, and so a forum can be too.

If you guys don't feel that DP can be changed now, even the directories section too, then I would be happy to create a cleaner place with your all support. (And its not profit am looking for after all, but just want to keep the directories status good in the web world, and keep the discussions going on always)

sizzler_chetan, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  5. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That would be better than trying to revamp old days gone by, rather fresh days starting, for myself i lost all interest in this place when i was banned for three months for a supposed duplicate account that never existed, no appology from mods, nada zip, they did not care, from then on nor did I

happy to look a well run new place

DownUnder, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  6. PressGuy

PressGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Ive come across dp several times as a directory owner (only just decided to join though as i want to see this forum return to the good times). I remember when you got lots of posts in this section about great new mods and people always helping each other out.

Now all you see is this list and that list. A dedicated mod for this section would help improve it but i cant see it ever being as good as it was.

PressGuy, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  7. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem with the Directories forum is the complete lack of policing by a moderator(s). It's impossible to have any intelligent discussions here anymore. It's nothing but spammers and trolls nowadays.

EveryQuery, Jul 3, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  8. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    Who will step forward with server space etc. or will the thread run its course and...

I was unhappy to see directory-owners fold. Even Vilesilencers forum is a lot of humdrum and people trying to pump their junk but a couple people there don't pull any punches.

Harkster, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  9. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JMO, but this forum used to be the biggest circle jerk on DP for a long time - and that's saying something.

Bernard, Jul 4, 2009 IP
    discover likes this.
  10. sizzler_chetan

Best Answers:
    Not right now, but next month i am ready to take all the load and start something for my previously friendly directory owners if they are not willing to continue with DP's section.

sizzler_chetan, Jul 4, 2009 IP