1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Banning Customers from Buying!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ritaj, Jul 2, 2009.

Hi

I have been banned from using Clickbank to purchase online. First I knew was when I started getting messages saying that "transactions cannot be
    completed at this time". Eventually I phoned their office, only to find that
    because I had requested several refunds over the previous 6 months, I have
    been barred from using their system at all.

This includes All Clickbank payment systems, and includes Paypal when it
    appears on a page with Clickbank. Paypal on its own is ok, but not if
    included alongside Clickbank.

Yes I did request several refunds, because the items I purchased quite
    honestly were not worth the money, and the sellers themselves all offered
    a refund if customer not satisfied.

SO WHY SHOULD CLICKBANK TAKE THIS ACTION?

Do sellers realise that Clickbank is doing this?

Does anyone know of a way of getting oneself un-barred?

Ritaj

Ritaj, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  2. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your ratio of refunds - compared to the ones you've kept? Is it a high percentage of refunds? I for one can't blame them for banning serial refunders. There are too many people just refunding, and then turning the product into a torrent.

venrooy, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  3. MedicAffiliate

MedicAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Plus it costs them more than they made from the sale to process the refund and give the money back to you. You could try sending some emails to their support line requesting to be unbarred and giving your actual reasons.

MedicAffiliate, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. senecapharm

senecapharm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Clickbank probably doesn't want to waste money on people, no surprise. I learned that in business school, successful companies fire bad customers as much as they fire bad employees.

I'm not saying you're a bad customer but it probably also keeps down on system-wide fraud that they face.

senecapharm, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  5. gcashhome

gcashhome Peon

Best Answers:
    Another Question is "Did you buy these products from your own links and then refunded". In that case too, you cannot purchase from the same affiliate account.

gcashhome, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  6. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know about you. I'm going to assume that your refunds were honest. I've bought a few products that I wasn't 100% happy with, but honestly, the work that these guys go through to develop the product is enough to keep me from asking for a refund.

I actually had a guy on my mailing list ask for a refund 2 DAYS after he purchased the products. I took him off my mailing list right away. I don't want him buy stuff through my affiliate link. That's a sign of a serial refunder and I'm glad that Clickbank is taking action against this.

This helps both the publisher and the affiliate.

ParthS, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  7. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    You must be refunding quite heavily for them to ban you. If so, I'm glad that they're doing it - it means less refunds for all of us (although granted less sales in the first place, but I'd rather have no sale than a refunded sale), less people effectively stealing because they take advantage of Clickbank's generous refund policy, and more money for Clickbank (it costs them to do refunds).

TigerPublishing, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  8. tohawk

tohawk Peon

Best Answers:
    well. i think that's the refund times let clickbank to do this.though they have refund feature but i think they do not like and encourge customers to refund time and time.

tohawk, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  9. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    I think your refund rate is 100%.

I dont think all products you purchased meet your needs.

No one would like the customers who always ask for refund. It will affect the benefits of cb and publishers.

tanakanewyork, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  10. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    No wonder they banned you.

rolf, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    lol and they wonder why the get banned.

dcristo, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  12. mytvtalk

mytvtalk Active Member

Best Answers:
    typical free loader, im glad your banned

mytvtalk, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  13. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not worth the money?

Would you take a book back to the shop because you thought it wasn't worth the money after you had read it?

Would you take a bag of grapes back to the supermarket because they weren't flavoursome enough?

Probably not!

Yet you have sent SEVERAL refund requests to Clickbank! An honest person that thought the products were not worth it would STOP BUYING FROM CLICKBANK!

I suspect that whatever you buy from clickbank, in your opinion it will not be worth the money, and that you are trigger finger happy with the refund request button because you don't have to give a reason and because it is easy.

That just creates more work for Clickbank, more work for the vendor and more work for us affiliates.

I hope they have banned your IP address too.

janecompersnews, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  14. Ritaj

Ritaj Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I did ask for several refunds over a six month period, on each occasion becuase the goods/product
    did NOT live up to the expectations which their own sales material produced. On more than one
    occasion the goods were no more than copy and paste rehashed drivel take from other poor quality
    items, but hyped up with good sales copy.

Sorry, guys, but your comments are allowing people to get away with selling very bad, poor quality,
    drivell and get away with it. If the seller does not want people to ask for a refund, THEN DO NOT PUT
    A REFUND POLICY IN THE SALES LETTER!

As for "poor" Clickbank, if they policed their sellers products and kept the quality at a reasonable level
    they would not have the problem of refunds in the first place.

I am an honest person, and whenever I asked for a refund I then deleted the item from my harddrive,
    as I considered it "returned to seller", in exactly the same way I would return any item to a shop if it
    did not live up to purpose.

I do NOT return everything I buy, but if it costs over $50 and is not worth it, I cannot afford to just
    shrug and walk away. Nor do I believe that we should have to.

As for comments such as take a book back to the shop, I WOULD if that book had been mis-sold to me
    as an original work, and turned out to be a fraudulent straight copy of something else - which is what
    some of these items were.

I believe that we customers deserve the same protection online as off, in that we should get a good
    honest product and have the right to complain and if necessary get our money back if the goods are
    not fit for purpose, and believe me these goods were not "fit for purpose".

Ritaj

Ritaj, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  15. candy_lim01

candy_lim01 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are just wasting everyone's time. Stop buying from clickbank forever and don't ever click on people's PPC. You are just messing up everything. Go library and find your "good" book.

candy_lim01, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  16. lazyfrog

lazyfrog Member

Best Answers:
    Silly Poor fellow. Got whipped here after being banned by clickbank.

lazyfrog, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  17. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    >>
    Do sellers realise that Clickbank is doing this?
    >>

No...but now since i know this i am HAPPY :)

Also: I recommend changing your title to "Clickbank banning SERIAL REFUNDERS from buying". At least you have the guts to admit it.

GeorgR., Jul 3, 2009 IP
  18. jimsmith

jimsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I think clickbank needs to revamp it's refund policy.
    As it stands right now they are simply granting far too many refunds...
    whether they reduce the refund period, or limit you to 1 refund per account is up to them.

jimsmith, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  19. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    One reason they are so easy to refund is because a chargeback, the alternative, will result in a cost passed on to the vendor.

I think that credit card companies should stop allowing customers to file chargebacks where no fraud has taken place. I once did a chargeback on my card because it had a transaction I never made. I had to fill in paperwork and declare I didn't recognise the transaction, it was probably fraud.

And yet there are still a few idiot CB customers who don't ask for a refund but do a chargeback. :( Personally I think this should not be allowed because the customer can't claim they didn't get the goods, for example. So I wonder what kind of BS excuses they are using with their credit card companies.

rolf, Jul 3, 2009 IP