1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing Date From WordPress Posts

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Pacific Publishing, Jan 8, 2008.

I'd like to remove the date from the welcome post at www.obsessionfitness.com
    This is a sticky post that remains at the top of the page. I've contacted the template designer but have not heard back. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks.

Pacific Publishing, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. Gawk

Gawk Peon

Best Answers:
    Gawk, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  3. chinatrout

chinatrout Peon

Best Answers:
    This varies from theme to theme, but the general idea is to find snippets of code like this that mention time or date and remove them from the Theme code:

<?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?>

I got this one out of my Main Index Template. You may also have to check in your Single Post Template and others.

Just open up the theme editor, and use your browser Find function to search for "time" or "date". As always, be careful. Cut and pasted the date in case you need to put it back in. (Remember where it came from.)

It sounds like a pain doing this manually, but it gets easier.

chinatrout, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  4. arramuse

arramuse Active Member

Best Answers:
    Delete it ( <?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?> ) on Single Post to. ;)

arramuse, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  5. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you gotta find the date wp_template tags in your single.php file of the theme.
    If your not familiar with wordpress code and loop than you'll have to find a coder to fix that.

Oranges, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  6. shelle

shelle Peon

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread, however, if I wanted to have an automated blog and remove the date from articles in wordpress, would this have an effect on search engine rankings?

shelle, Jun 29, 2009 IP