1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Australian girl Converted to Islam and Now Living in & loving Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by kashifyy, Jun 5, 2009.

1. namonamah

namonamah Banned

Best Answers:
    i think Islam is the best but Pakistan is not........

namonamah, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  2. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^ LOL....

Islam and Pakistan are not synonymous ...

mdvasanth86, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  3. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I see some bad intention in your post..

Islam is the best, that is a fact

Pakistan is an area that loves Islam, so peace be upon Pakistan...

Pakistan needs to throw the hypocrites out so that the real peace will be clear without doubt.

Polite teen, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  4. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :confused:... Thats because you are baad...

I said Islam in not restricted to just pakistan...

mdvasanth86, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Best what?:confused::confused::confused:

Mia, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  6. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to read up on your Koranic verse. The Koran is quite clear on enforcing the inequality of women.

One example of this is in Surat an-Nisa, which condones the beating of women.

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great."

So... want to explain how beating women is protecting them? Tell me where in the Koran it says it's alright for women to beat their husbands lightly? Or withhold sex. Or take four husbands without being accused of adultery.

Show me where it says that men should be confined to home for misbehaving, until they die or until Allah takes them.

m42, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  7. Vebtools

Vebtools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sharia in Pakistan :eek: when did this happened..
    Talking about a country like this..? have you visit the country? or just writing against Pakistan bacause it is a Islamic country?

you must visit Pakistan to view the peace (even there are lot of blastes etc)

Vebtools, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  8. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'd like to hear the answer from someone who follows islam.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Reasons_not_to_be_a_devout_Muslim

And tell me how much of this is true?

Stroh, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  9. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    from where you copy this translation of Quran :confused: from a Jews web?

if you really want to learn about Quran or Islam please always go for correct place not jews web or the web which said it is Islamic web but controlled by jews

here is an article http://www.chowk.com/articles/11173 i hope you will get ans of your question. (dont only go for article it is just written by a simple Muslim not a Scholar)

If you really looking for ans then go some better place like a mosque or Islamic professor (but i know you are asking such question to make Muslims fun not for Seek of Knowledge)

and one thing more... when ever write about Islam and women must remembered that it was Islam who First introduced rights for Women in the world.

and why punishment are very hard in Islam is because to control society thats why there are very low rate of rape in Islamic country than other Western Countries.

Vebtools, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  10. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't assume people are stupid just because you don't like what they have to say. The source is irrelevant. The translation is fairly accurate. I know this for several reasons:

• I am fluent in Arabic.
    • I have Surat an Nisa memorized in the original Arabic. In fact, I have them all memorized in the original Arabic. If you're a Muslim, I don't believe I have to explain to you what that means.
    • I understand the meaning behind Surat an Nisa because I was forced (yes, forced) to study Koranic analysis (not just memorize verse) for 16 years.
    If you don't believe the translation itself is accurate, I invite you to tell me why you believe it is not accurate in lieu of bashing a source for shallow reasons. I could care less if it happens to be Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, or endorsed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

If you still don't believe me, you go ask an Imam to translate the sura for you.

You should also probably apologize to the for Jews your previous statement. It was extremely rude.

As it happens, I'm female and just happened to grow up Muslim. I had no rights as a female in Islam. Don't you dare presume to tell me that Islamic women have freedom. That is a blatant lie.

I think you need to read up on your Islamic verse before you even begin to broach the topic of women's rights again. You might wish to begin by reading Surat an Nisa in the original Arabic. :)

m42, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  11. Vebtools

Best Answers:
    If you are a Muslim and you have no freedom it does not mean that The Muslim women has no rights.. Islam clearly mentioned main rights of women.

1. The right and duty to obtain education.
    2. The right to have their own independent property.
    3. The right to work to earn money if they need it or want it.
    4. Equality of reward for equal deeds.
    5. The right to express their opinion and be heard.
    6. The right to provisions from the husband for all her needs and more.
    7. The right to negotiate marriage terms of her choice.
    8. The right to obtain divorce from her husband, even on the grounds that she simply can't stand him.
    9. The right to keep all her own money (she is not responsible to maintain any relations).
    10. The right to get sexual satisfaction from her husband.
    11. custody of their children after divorce.
    12. to refuse any marriage that does not please them and more... etc, etc

Do you know who was the first Lady who start Business?? it was PBUH Wife.

Islam was the first religion who set rights for women other wise every one know what happened before Islam.

I dont know what kind of freedom you need..

Vebtools, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  12. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    The Quran is not mine or yours, it is for everyone

new, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  13. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Qur'an is definitely not mine. I have the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to lead me.

Stroh, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  14. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    It actually means exactly that for many Muslim women.

I specifically used Nisa because of how it's been used by Islamic men in attempts to manipulate their women. So many Islamic men take it to mean that it grants them the final word on all matters concerning their wives and daughters.

How many of these women are willing to fight and shame the fathers and husbands who limit their freedoms?

And of those who fight and aren't ostracized by their families and society, where do they go afterwards?

I don't think I need to sit here and convince you that Islam is the source of great misery for a great many women.

Be careful with your wording. Khadijah was the first female in Islam to own a business. This is not difficult considering she was likely the first convert to Islam. However, she did not start the business, she inherited it from her father many years before she proposed to Mohammed, and long before his Iq'rah moment.

That more than implies that the laws dictating the rights for women to own businesses and choose their spouses were in place before Islam was founded.

Yes, apparently even for those who don't want it. ;)

Review the whole post before you attempt to correct me.

m42, Jun 27, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  15. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just saw this:
    I have a few theories about this:

When I visited Islamic countries I was never allowed out without a chaperone (father, brother, uncle). Call it a hunch, but I think rapes might be lower because people either lock their women up or watch them really closely.

It's more likely lower because:
    • If the country follows Islamic law, it takes 4 witnesses to declare a rape.
    • If 4 witnesses cannot be produced, the rape victim can be charged with adultery.
    • Rape is a stigma. Female rape victims are a shame to their families.

m42, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  16. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no need to b!tch about the restrictions in Islam, of course there are limitations , after all if you going to follow some certain religion you must also follow the principles of life that it put forwards, without the restrictions there is no Islam

Since you know too much, you must be aware that Islam is not the church's sunday services that you take for few hours and then you are free to do whatever you want for the whole week. Islam means total submission to The God and The Prophet.
    You have to swallow the ill tasting pill of restrictions if you want to be a Muslim

new, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  17. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What if you don't want to be a Muslim? In an Islamic country under Sharia what do you and Allah think is the proper punishment for a Muslim man who decides he no longer wishes to be a Muslim?

It is ironic to me that Muslims here praise someone of another religion converting to Islam when their own Islamic religion would never allow such freedom of thought.

browntwn, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  18. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. You're insulting Christians now? How mature and respectful of you. :rolleyes:

What does "want" have to do with this?

If you are born into Islam, there really is no decision to "swallow the ill tasting pill." The penalties for not submitting are often extremely harsh.

I think you know the penalty for apostasy if you're male is death and if you're female, is imprisonment or death.

This isn't really a question of free will unless you happen to be converting to Islam.

m42, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  19. Vebtools

Best Answers:

I read your both posts and noticed that you are blaming Islam for because of yours Husband, dad, brother. Thats not OK, because lot of People around the world do this specially when they changed their religion. Let me know are you Muslim? or you was Muslim?

You are using Islam and Quran surah for your sake, same like terrorist do.

Allah said beat woman, but He also mentioned when a man can beat a woman. beating without reason or for other reasons is not allowed in Islam.

If man beat a women you can not blame Islam for this.

Remember Islam gives lot of rights to woman now fighting for their right is woman job. Thats why the rate of Accepting Islam is increasing day by day in women than a man

Vebtools, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  20. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    My father was being a good Muslim. He was merely following the teachings of Islam. The decision to follow Islam was his, not mine. Islam was forced on me. Do I blame my father for that, or the religion that tells him that I must submit because apostasy is a sin?

I most certainly do not use the Koran like a terrorist. I cited common behaviors that resulted from the contradictions in the Koran. You have as of yet been unable to discount my statement that the Koran does not grant women and men in Islam equal rights.

I responded to a post made by someone who obviously isn't familiar with the passages that make it obvious women are second class citizens. I even cited examples of what men are allowed to do that women are not.

Actually, I most certainly can blame Islam for this. Why does there have to be a good reason? Beating women for any reason is abusive and wrong. Are women cattle or property that they should be beaten when disobedient? Would you like to be beaten for disobedience? This isn't rocket science. Because of the Koran, potentially 1.4 billion people may actually believe this abuse is condoned by God.

I want to see verifiable stats on this one. Islam doesn't exactly show you who converts away from the religion. ;)

m42, Jun 28, 2009 IP