1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's being penalized by the Chinese gov.

Discussion in 'Google' started by EC23, Jun 21, 2009.

China CCTV (China central TV) a few days ago got three programs saying Google China(www.google.cn) is a hub of adult contents, the state media accused Google for the first time sharply getting abroad adult contents to the Chinese young people.

Afterwards, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China which is in charge of the Chinese internet ordered Google China to remove all adult contents immediatly. Google China said that it's trying its best to cooperate and will abide by the Chinese law.

This is heavy blow to Google in China, as Google is China's second largest search engines getting around 30% share of the market, while Baidu, the biggest has a 68% of that share.:(

EC23, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  2. nikon

nikon Banned

Best Answers:
    I think google should be banned in china so that china will go 10 years behind.

nikon, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  3. EC23

EC23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh man do not say that, many Chinese website owners complained that CCTV was unfair and dealth with this improperly, we as site owners definitly love Google, it's the best up till now.

EC23, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  4. Georginia

Georginia Peon

Best Answers:
    So that news is true?
    i read one thread here that Google was banned in China.
    That's a big problem for the Chinese community who uses
    Google.
    Chinese community shall take an action for that.

Georginia, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  5. The Villa

The Villa Peon

Best Answers:
    Of this is bad news for China indeed. Google is one of those modern tools that we all need to keep abreast of the times. Unfortunately, adult content is always part of virtual life. If China is so concerned about it, they just have to implement monitoring rules or something

The Villa, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  6. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    If china gov cuts it's internet, we will have much less spammer.

DoDo Me, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  7. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its blow for china not for google

merlinseo, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  8. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    After having banned majority of the famous sites, I guess it is now the turn of google to face the heat.

I wonder for how long though, Chinese government will be successful in controlling and filtering the information reaching to its people! It is a shame that Chinese government ranks the wisdom of its own people so low or else, why would it not trust the wisdom of the people to decide what is good for them to access and what is not! :(

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  9. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    China should be careful if they loose Google it will be likely other search engines will follow since they can't manually moderate every website within their index. Interesting story.

kbeus21, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  10. larryatdp

larryatdp Peon

Best Answers:
    It is almost impossible to remove all adult contents from serps. I don't worry about google and believe more people in China will use it now. Let's see the market share report in the coming months.

larryatdp, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  11. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It might be a conspiracy. Since Baidu has the monopoly in China, they are using the Google's tactics against Google.

Abhik, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  12. surfuang

surfuang Guest

Best Answers:
    baidu is dominating in china

surfuang, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  13. EC23

EC23 Peon

Best Answers:
    People are concerned about this, and some thought Baidu might play a role in this matter since Baidu is a local company and now have a good relationship with CCTV.

Baidu once was reported by CCTV as published faked ads to maximize its earnings, then in the new year baidu advertised heavily in CCTV, some believe it invest a lot in advertisement.

Baidu has been losing its market share as Google moved forward progressively in China and posed an even bigger threat to Baidu.

I hope Google will get out of this quickily as many of us like it.

EC23, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  14. OnInternetBusinessGuide

OnInternetBusinessGuide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I live in Canada and I look at the problem form here. People here often mention that Internet is against the way of thinking of the Chinese government, but the Chinese people. The Chinese people seem to like the fact of having Internet and its opening on the world. I saw this happiness on TV from the Beijing Olympic in 2008. Some reporters tried to show things that were not allowed to be shown by the Chinese government, but people wanted to show how the government is trying to restrict their freedom.

It is hard to get a fair point of view of China in Canada. We perceived a revolution and an opening on the world. China seems to be divided Internet is a symbol of freedom and it does not seem to be the point of view of the Chinese government. I first heard about the words "free Tibet", "human rights" are banned from Google in China. I am not surprised about the adult content issue. The adult domain is largely criticized. In North America, we had a sexual revolution in the 70's and we had a similar problem with the medias. Now sexual content is widely spread in the ads and society.

OnInternetBusinessGuide, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  15. EC23

EC23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the gov. want to protect the young people and its party rulling position, that is why they do not want us to know the truth.

Regards

EC23, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  16. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Too many site wa banned by china gov, it is nothing to suprise, as i know china was ban the blogspot early

lifeplayer, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  17. EC23

EC23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you would be suprised if you were in China at the time:D

EC23, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  18. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    I think gov has their own concept, but i think it can't ban the all the people to use what they want and view what they like!

SunstarShop, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  19. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think google had done any spam, in fact google against spam

lindamood1, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  20. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, I will say it is totally "Zheteng" (It is a Chinese saying, still not English translation.)

justinlorder, Jun 23, 2009 IP