1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make members area for a website created in html and css

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by beinghappy4ever, Jun 17, 2009.

Hi friends.
    Can anybody tell me how to create members area for a site which is designed by simple html and css?

beinghappy4ever, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  2. maestria

maestria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think anyone will get you this for free.
    if you are really in a hurry, hire an experienced php guy and they will help you out

maestria, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  3. washoutinc

washoutinc Peon

Best Answers:
    I would just pay up for amember. It works really well and you can protect anything.

The backend also gives you so many options. Check it out.

washoutinc, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  4. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    Not too much of work...

Basically you will need to change your file names to .php instead of .html

Then you can get login php codes from google, they keep a cookie...

Starting of the page you will need to enter a php code, which will check if there is a cookie or not. If not, it will redirect them to the login page, but if the cookie is already there, it will show them the page.

If you have a "members" nav area on the side bar then u can use that code and show them the login form, else show them the codes...

Doing a quick google search:
    I found this: http://www.evolt.org/PHP-Login-System-with-Admin-Features and i guess you can just work fine with that. To implement it, you need basic knowledge of html...

campolar, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  5. indigochild

indigochild Peon

Best Answers:
    You may use a password protected folders approach. This won't require any programming except maintaining a file with usernames\password, e.g. "htpasswd".
    Keep it somewhere outside of your web folder "public_html" , i.e. nobody must have an access to it via browser.

Then put .htaccess file into your folder that you you wish to protect. In this .htaccess file wrote something like:

AuthName "Private section fro my users"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /home/myhostingusername/tmp/htpasswd (path to the mentioned file with passwords)
    require valid-user

As for creating and managing htpasswd file simply google for "htpasswd generator". There are tones of freeware tools, both online and downloadable utilities.

So, every user will be asked to enter password to enter that protected folder and the usernames will be even shown in your web logs.

indigochild, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  6. beinghappy4ever

beinghappy4ever Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks buddy i will try this..

beinghappy4ever, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  7. beinghappy4ever

beinghappy4ever Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help buddy...

beinghappy4ever, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  8. jmorecraft

jmorecraft Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to www.Vibralogix.com. The have a script called SiteLock. I use a lot of their scripts. Super cheap and real easy to install. Instruction manual walks you through setup. 30 minutes you will be up and running. I forget the owners first name but he is very helpful if you run into a problem. I would suggest that you not try coding the script yourself or getting a free script that requires you to change the coding without any instructions or support. It is just not worth the money that this script costs. I think it is $39.95. Hope this helps

jmorecraft, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  9. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    Your welcome...

PS: If i were you, i would use wordpress/drupal/joomla/phpnuke or any other CMS and code my template into it. It does become a bit more of work but the site becomes easier to manage and has members area already with better features ;)

campolar, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  10. contentmatters

contentmatters Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice would be to use a Content Management System. The structure of the website is already set up for you and you can just incorporate the members area feature. It's free!!

contentmatters, Jun 20, 2009 IP