1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i've got scammed, can i open dispute for it !

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Isaaf, Jun 15, 2009.

Hello Dear Friends,

I've sent money to someone and my account is verified - personal

i just sent him under type of sending ( personal _ other ) so that , he ain't paid any fees

But i found him, a scammer so i went to open dispute, but will paypal helps me since i've send it as personal send and choosen the reason to send is 'Other"

Please help me with best way cause i've lost a huge a mount of money thought he can sell me a services but i ain't got and he refused to recover my money ?

thanks

Isaaf, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  2. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can open a Dispute as "Unauthorized Payment" ..

AaRGeE, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  3. Isaaf

Isaaf Banned

Best Answers:
    are you sure of that AaRGeE !

does it meand , that i duspute as Unauthorized Payment saying from example, i've sent it to wrong email . :confused:

Isaaf, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  4. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised you agreed to send an unknown person, money through personal transaction! :eek:

Just imagine yourself, how would you react if you were in Paypal's place and receive a charge back on a transaction which is personal? :confused:

People at times do not trust even their regular client on the internet and you went ahead and trusted an unknown and that too for a huge amount!

One way or the other, you are now bound to loose your money and/or your personal transaction facility if you assign a charge back....imo

I do not think it is advisable as they would have IP track record to determine your claim!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 15, 2009 IP
    AaRGeE, quickincome and Feizar like this.
  5. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No .. Unauthorized payment means that someone else used your account and made your payment! Infact you dont have to enter anything in Notes!

If you have got Scammed than it means that the scammer has probably scammed others too! So in my opinion open a simple dispute of Item not received and than if the seller replies to dispute than Fight with or after 2 days put the dispute to claim and than Call Paypal. They will instantly refund your money as they may see that the uyer has scammed many others too.

or

Open a Unauthorized Dispute saying that someone else used your account to send the payment .. You will get the refund if buyer solved it or else you can call paypal and tell them that you did not sent this payment!

AaRGeE, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  6. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Naa .. Same happend to me about 30-45 days ago .. Seller refuses to deliver article So I opened a Dispute immedietly and than Instantly Called paypal .. As the Payment was sent Directly to Paypal address .. they saw that buyer had not entered any shipping info of product so they refunded my payment (after putting me hold on 30 mins)

In my case it is probably I sent him payment as a "Goods" via my Premiere Account and Leaving a Shipping address as it is.

Usually people send payment without Shipping info which according to paypal is not covered by Paypal Pollicies and buyer increases the chance of getting scammed!

Regards
    RG

AaRGeE, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  7. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem in this case is that OP has used new PERSONAL transaction mode to send payment and so delivery of goods/services is out of the purview of this transaction.
    Personal transaction is to be done between family and friends, so how does one expect to initiate charge backs for it? :confused:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  8. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes .. I miss this point!!

So OP have no choice but to call paypal and tell them the truth that seller asked him to send payment via this new option.. As Paypal has not announced or sent an email to every account holder, people are not aware of it that much! IT maybe a Plus point!

AaRGeE, Jun 15, 2009 IP
    RightMan likes this.
  9. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldnt have done that! paypal didnt give a F@#$ before when people scammed; they are cool as long as they make money! but then they changed and started taking action :) i wonder why would you send money from you personal account to someone you dont know.. i would suggest you call up paypal and talk to them about it. You will need to verifiy your info etc; this will take some time.. good luck :)

elitesystem, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  10. Moses8595

Moses8595 Peon

Best Answers:
    why not? I think he will win for sure.Paypal always side with the buyer

Moses8595, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  11. Feizar

Feizar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hmm how large was the amount ? is he someone from dp then please notify us about it so that we may exercise caution while dealing with him

Feizar, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  12. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can always start a dispute against those scammers and you need to prepare all the useful information for Paypal to inspect.

Next time, always choose the suitable category to pay your seller so as to avoid any unnecessary troubles.

poshswinger, Jun 16, 2009 IP
    Feizar likes this.
  13. islamiyol

islamiyol Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you cok güzel açıklamalarda bulunmussunuz
    www.islamiyol.org

islamiyol, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  14. online2india

online2india Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes you can contact paypal and tell them that the man is scammer and they will refund your money back to you account

online2india, Jun 20, 2009 IP