1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DigitalPoint Banned From Adsense ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by soul_of_god, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, ain't that the truth? My forum has only 5000 members or so and I get really busy deleting crud sometimes. I feel their pain, I really do.

I hate to say this, and I surely don't want this to be taken the wrong way... But in a sense, if what I think happened is true and Shawn got banned, it really drives home a point. Google sucks. I am sorry it happened, and I would not wish it on anybody, but I am glad that it happened in a big enough way that thousands of serious webmasters saw it with their own eyes and can now believe it when I say that Google is a crooked operation!

Of course, I could be way off base. I don't doubt that. Nothing at all may have happened. Maybe Shawn decided to try something else.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  2. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't think Shawn has been banned, and I'll stick with that until someone confirms it for sure. The exact same situation has happeneds several times before.

But, BadBoysStudioZ, I do disagree with you. For Google to ban a large publisher such as this, shows that they don't suck. It proves that even though, clearly, it's brining in a big revenue stream for them, they will still suspend the user to protect the quality of their network.

You gotta think that if it weren't necassary, Google wouldn't do it. Why would they suspend someone for no need, if they are making a lot of money off them?

Of course, talking about this whole suspension thing is just hypothetical anyway.

ian_batten, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  3. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google does what they want. They are easily the #1 search engine... and also if it is to protect quality (in this case it wouldnt make sense, because webmasters spend money) then good for them.

MarcL, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  4. forest1

forest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    they shouldnt ban big earners but I guess if they are hurting these days...

forest1, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  5. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to argue about what Google is. Their motto "Don't be Evil" describes who they are. I have no empathy or any love lost if and when they burn in Hell. That is about all I want to say on the subject.

It is akin to arguing about religion or political points of view. There is no winner in the debate. Each walks away with their own set of beliefs and the majority are unshakable. There are Google groupies and Google haters. I fall into the second group for very personal and professional reasons that I do not need to explain or justify. And no one owes me any explaination as to why they are Google worshipers, that is none of my business.

I am a man who is willing to change his belief system based on new information. As the years go by, my information regarding Google and their criminal-like behavior grows stronger with each passing day. I will not be convinced otherwise by any personal opinion set forth by anyone not working for or directly on the Board of Directors of Google itself. There is no proof that any webmaster can provide to me that will shake my distaste for the company and its practices.
    And Google owes me no more than 1200 dollars, and I am sure that makes no difference to them specifically regarding what I think of their business practices.

They can kiss my rear-end...

End of story.

6. iwantvarun

iwantvarun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope they wont ban the accounts which are showing ads here

digitalpoint.com is currently not allowed to display AdSense Ads and is likely BANNED from Google AdSense.

iwantvarun, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  7. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I am sorry that happened. I clicked the ads I was interested in and even purchased a package for directory submissions. I did it in part to support the Forum and the other part is that I was honestly interested in some of the offers. I did not hold it against the group that Adsense was the provider, I was never going to receive any profit share. But I did want to help out. So I am sad that Google will not help rectify errors and be ethical with honest sites that make honest mistakes.

Thinking it over, I believe the error was the model itself. What happened was simply that people ended up clicking their own ads and/or Google decided it was an enticement rather than an honest profit share model, which in truth was the case because it WAS an honest profit share revenue model. That is the problem with these guys, they give you no day in court or any opportunity to fix the issue. They just close your account and steal your money.

I am rather angry for Digital Points sake. I am no groupie, but I am a forum owner myself. There isn't anything on here that I can tell that would make them a profit, and they deserve to make money here! They provide one heck of a platform that is well established and well governed. When businesses don't profit they die. It's great that others are exchanging services and making money here, but if Digital Point gets screwed on the deal then that goes against my grain a bit.

Who am I? Just another mope with too much time on his hands I guess.:rolleyes:

8. Mr.Bill

Mr.Bill Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The system was setup in a way to prevent this
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=revenue_sharing
    Though it could have happened given some of the problems the forum is having though not likely.

Mr.Bill, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  9. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I did represent another option because I was pretty sure the system had some guard against this. Nothing is fail safe of course. The other thought was the enticement scenario. Google trips out about enticing clicks. In a round-a-bout way that was what was happening. People knew that if they clicked these ads that money would flow back into the pot.

I am sure the turds at Google decided that was enticing, then looked at conversions and dropped the hammer. That was why I never clicked an ad that I was not interested in, and in fact purchased one item I needed. I was not in the loop on the revenue share, but I was slightly enticed to click the ad because of what it represented overall. I have seen the same ads elsewhere, but because I was at DP I clicked.

Does that make sense?

For all the Google lovers out there, let me say that I don't see anything wrong with you liking them. Hey, if it works for you and you are happy, that's wonderful. They literally ripped 1200 bucks out of my pocket with no explanation and no recourse. That is my issue, not yours.

I have been sober over 13 years also. I have zero issue with people who drink or use drugs either. It's what works for you that matters. That's how I roll these days.:D

10. beet

beet Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem wasn't people clicking their own ads (which was impossible as outlined in the post above).

Revenue sharing forum opens up to perversive group click teams that click on each others new thread advertisements. It does not take a rocket scientist to realize this. Of course, the degree of fraud is directly related to the size of the board. This being a HUGE board, you can only imagine the number of fraudulent clicks that were being generated.

Consequently, what is more efficient? disabling the domain that all the fraudulent activity is being performed on or disable the countless accounts involved?

But hey, its all conjecture at this point. We still have no idea what exactly led to the disabling of digitalpoint.com.

beet, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  11. ceripage

ceripage Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe, earn too much or the click rate is too high?

ceripage, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  12. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What ever the reason for this, I'm sure Shawn has had a really good lifestyle out of it. He isn't stupid and I'm sure he has a backup plan!

Brian123, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  13. hiteshb

hiteshb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If shawn has time to visit this forum :rolleyes:

hiteshb, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  14. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He will when he sees one of his adsense checks amount depreciated :D

Bohra, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  15. 330td

330td Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    However I have a great solution, Why not add my adsense ID to the whole forum until shawn resolves the problem :D

330td, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  16. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what I can gather, it is the domain name digitalpoint.com, and all sub domains that have been banned for AdSense. I don't think Shawn's AdSense account has been banned....

Brian123, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  17. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    leandar, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  18. Avisblr

Avisblr Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think DP is banned. When I checked my account I could see 2 impressions from DP. Here is the proof.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• DP.JPG
      DP.JPG
      File size:
      82.8 KB
      Views:
    Avisblr, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  19. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well dp the site is banned maybe you got those impression from people viewing the cache on google

Bohra, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  20. haasan

haasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess they are?

haasan, Jun 13, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.