1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigermanalive

tigermanalive Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox is better than IE8.... Its so powerful...

tigermanalive, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. Chris312380

Chris312380 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes! I agree with you totally! Firefox is more useful, safer, and faster.

Chris312380, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  3. mlkshake

mlkshake Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously?...people still use IE?...besides my grandma

mlkshake, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  4. jimhap

jimhap Peon

Best Answers:
    Firefox DOES have a hole. I still like Firefox (and in fact use it everyday, even now when I'm typing up this reply), but it uses WAY too much memory.

The only reason some would see that is if one has low memory (in which the computer will become slow, resorting to using HD memory), or if one looks at their computer status (in Windows, the Task Manager, or in Linux, using top).

Right now, with 28 tabs in one window, 2 tabs in another, and 2 other windows with only one tab, it takes about 309 MB of memory. Not bad, actually. But sometimes, ESPECIALLY in Windows, when in webpages that use plugins, it eats 1-2GB. It's really too much!!!

(And what plugins? Unity 3D is an example.)

I'm looking forward to the Firefox 3.5 release. Hopefully it will be better. :)

jimhap, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  5. m_media

m_media Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE should be forgotten by all and im saying this both as once being a user and a current webmaster.

It sometimes really annoys me when things on my sites don't appear as they should in IE. :(

m_media, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Another noob who doesn't know the difference.
    Unity3D is third party, as are all add-ons (noob doesn't know the difference). Talk to the Unity people. It's not a Firefox problem if you are using that much.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  7. Tommy8x

Tommy8x Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still feel that FF is very good browser

Tommy8x, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  8. EC23

EC23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have some problems with FF, and some are fatal, for instance, could not open any website after a upgrade, even when I uninstall the new version and reinstall the older version, it just happens gain, and I am really sad about this as I think FF is great.

I never have such big problems with IE, but I personally prefer FF.

I hope FF will get better.

EC23, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  9. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing that needs to get better is you and your ability to operate a computer. If you can't properly install software like FF, I can't imagine your progress into the future. Especially when Microsoft offers Windows7 without any browser at all and you have to install one.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  10. UnknownOne

UnknownOne Banned

Best Answers:
    firefox will always be the best :D

UnknownOne, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  11. narci

narci Peon

Best Answers:
    I was a firefox user when I have this computer im using.
    Well although I like IE. But it slows for me if i use it. It was buggy too sometimes .

narci, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, there's that "shoot the messenger" hypocrisy that shows how fragile "drhowarddrfine" knows his position to be, isn't it? Reduced to pathetic personal attacks.

And, from reading the intolerant bile flowing from his posts, it's very clear that he's covering his lack of any technical understanding by childishly shoving at anyone who DARES to disagree with him.

Let's simplify my technical position: log in as a LUA and enable any decent firewall & a mainstream antivirus - and I don't care how you configure any browser, you'll be protected from any security flaws, despite Howard's predictable claims of "wrong" and "untrue".

Corwin, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  13. cwin

cwin Peon

Best Answers:
    i'll say firefox is the best...... ie is nothing.........

i hv been disapointed with "send report" from ie......

cwin, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Personal because it's true! Corwin, you can't even respond to the proper quote much less read. You can't read. Or at least you don't understand what you read. And because you can't read or understand anything, what does that say about you?

Now you are trying to claim that IE is just as good as every other browser because if you load it up with all kinds of armor, no one can get through! Well, if it's so great, why does it need more armor than any other browser? Why does everyone but you know it's the least secure browser in the world? Why do you not know what the rest of the world knows, Corwin? Is it because you're smart? I don't think so.

I also asked you some questions but you can't and won't respond to them. It's the third time I've asked you a question and you don't answer yet you come back with total beligerent nonsense. You have no proof of anything you've said. You can't back it up. You don't and you won't because you are incompetent.

You are a technical fool because you haven't a clue about how browsers work! You think because CSS improved in IE8 that it makes IE8 standards compliant yet you never were able to understand the technical review I linked you to earlier. You couldn't understand what I said about doctypes either and even blabbered nonsense about them!

You are a Windows Bozo. Totally clueless and worthless in this industry and it would be better if you just got a job at Radio Shack sweeping the back room, if they would have you. You have to know how to use a broom.

I've met a few nonsensical idiots on a few forums before and, corwin, you're in the top 5.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  15. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    firefox is in space while IE is looking up trying to figure out how'd they got so high. IE blows`

MelfromBoD, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  16. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see it as a more powerful browser. Micrsofot can't beat firefox no matter how hard they try.
    So, my vote goes to Firefox ;)

TheOnlyOne92, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  17. Angadude

Angadude Peon

Best Answers:
    You simply cannot compare a standards-compliant browser to one that isn't. :)

Angadude, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  18. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Explain that to corwin. He hasn't a clue. He looks at the pretty blinking lights and is bedazzled. "Yes, Microsoft. I will obey!"

drhowarddrfine, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  19. Angadude

Angadude Peon

Best Answers:
    Not worth it, really, Howard :) Corwin? Try the world. Microsoft has monopolized. We cannot waste our time attempting to change the multitude's taste. People say Microsoft is user-friendly. Wrong. Users are just used to Microsoft.

Angadude, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  20. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    btw, my real name's not Howard and everyone calls me Doc.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 14, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.