1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answers...Anyone getting good results?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Jim4767, Jun 2, 2009.

I've become pretty active on Yahoo Answers. Now I'm watching to see the results for my website. I post often, and most of the time I include a link to an inner page.

I'm seeing about five visitors a day from Y/A, and some links are showing up in Webmaster Tools.

Has anyone out there on DP been watching Yahoo Answers long enough to determine if it is an SEO method that is worth the time and effort?

Jim4767, Jun 2, 2009 IP
    blog8491 and JoyGoRound like this.
  2. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i got traffic thru it.
    here's what to do. create a yahoo group with your niche and you will see under your group's page some questions related to your niche. Just answer those questions and answer it right. some are even joining my yahoo group.

enhu, Jun 2, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. johnphilip100

johnphilip100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i am a level 5 yahoo answerer and get monthly over 500 visitors from Yahoo answers visiting my website. Although the links are 'nofollow' which means they are not counted as back links by google to help your site's PR or search results but it gives a targeted traffic to your website which i am happy with.

johnphilip100, Jun 2, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. onlineisrock

onlineisrock Banned

Best Answers:
    onlineisrock, Jun 3, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that yahoo answer is not a good traffic generator as past. Nowadays a lot spammers are using it to promote crap sites. So i see a minimum result from yahoo answer. So i skip it and finding new ways to get traffic for our web sites.

blog8491, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  6. supersi

supersi Peon

Best Answers:
    As for myself I haven't used it, but I have read on other forums that it is very successful in getting traffic... but not much, if any, link value since the links are NoFollow.

supersi, Jun 3, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use yahoo answer to drive traffic to my website, i done make many answer but about 100 per month. I get about 30 visitor from yahoo answer daily

lifeplayer, Jun 3, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  8. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Since Yahoo uses no follow dropping links in there is a waste of time (unless they secretly count them). I have answered a hundred or so questions with 55 best answers and have gotten little to no traffic from it. I think it's only good if you are answering truly random pop culture questions and things with mass traffic, because it's untargeted most of the time and just curious bystanders.

GameFriends.com, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  9. Sadesue

Sadesue Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo works, but don't over post your link.

Sadesue, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  10. gbit

gbit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so Yahoo Answers is any more profitable.Because comparing the traffic from past it is decreasing.
    Now webmasters had started left-off Yahoo Answers.
    Initially when it was launched that time it rocked, but not results aren't good.

gbit, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  11. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers to me has been the most profitable. It all depends on what niche your site is. I had a gaming site and it got about 1000 hits everyday from yahoo answers, i just wondered why they never suspended my account this time (like always before)

campolar, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  12. Armz

Armz Peon

Best Answers:
    i always get good results especially when looking for chemistry stuff half the time i get the exact thing i am looking for sometimes i get a related topic that i can still use to solve my original question

Armz, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  13. onlineisrock

onlineisrock Banned

Best Answers:
    onlineisrock, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  14. SEO_Michael

SEO_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    WikiAnswers seems to be more popular now than Yahoo Answers. If you're trying to get passthru traffic (which is all they're good for) then I would recommend WikiAnswers instead.

SEO_Michael, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  15. Cybernac

Cybernac Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never gotten much traffic from Yahoo Answers but i can tell you that my sites show up in Yahoo Searches now and they did not before. I think the Yahoo Answers is where Yahoo pulls a lot of their search results.

Cybernac, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  16. tarron

tarron Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was getting pretty good traffic from yahoo answers also until they suspended me without giving me reasons. Its funny I wasn't even posting that much ..... may 15 post a month.

tarron, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  17. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well a month ago I spend some time answering questions and it's still bringing me some traffic :)

Sensei.Design, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  18. kenbrower

kenbrower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As an SEO method, no, it is not effective. Answering questions on yahoo will have no noticeable effect on your search engine results. However, some people feel that they can get traffic from consistently providing quality answers; I personally don't think it's worth as much effort as you have to put in.

kenbrower, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  19. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think YA's good idea as it brings traffic and links (yahoo count links from YA, see for yourself in site explorer).
    As some mentioned since many seo pros leaving YA it's getting better and less competitive.
    Make sure you don't answer too many questions as real readers (not yahoo) will brand you a smammer and will not read your posts.

praetserge, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  20. Bear Grylls

Bear Grylls Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm a Top Contributor in Yahoo answers.. with more than 4 thousand points.. I get about 10 visitors daily from them. The good thing about yahoo answers is, the traffic is 100% targetted :)

Bear Grylls, Jun 4, 2009 IP