1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

With the average of 935 posts per month

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by glitto, May 31, 2009.

I started a new webmasters forum in Sept 2008. Now it has got 7476 posts with 397 members and 1337 topics.

It means the average is 935 posts per month.

Do you think it is OK for a 8 months old forum?

glitto, May 31, 2009 IP
  2. CoryR

CoryR Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's about 31 posts a day, which is so-so for a fairly new board. Don't always depend on statistics to measure the success of your site, though.

CoryR, May 31, 2009 IP
  3. Vekseid

Vekseid Peon

Best Answers:
    I generally shoot for a sustained goal of 100 posts per day. Keep that up for a week or so and if none of the posts are yours during that period, it may be semi-self sustainable.

Vekseid, May 31, 2009 IP
  4. Michaelr

Michaelr Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good, growth is expodetial so it should grow quicker and quicker!

Michaelr, May 31, 2009 IP
  5. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But the problem is that more than 50% of posts are my own :(

I have tried and am still trying to get more and more members. Hope when new members join things will get faster.

glitto, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  6. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    the domain and the board is not much related !

suganindia, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  7. Vekseid

Vekseid Peon

Best Answers:
    Cut your forums down to about a third and you will see some improvement : )

Vekseid, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  8. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    There is hundreds of webmaster forums out there and what make your forum different from the rest?

Sometimes it is the quality of post that matter instead of the quantity. As long it bring you profits every month, you're on the right track.

Try make a competition with an attractive prizes to attract more members to join your forum.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  9. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Dynashox, you are right. I can proudly say that the quality of the posts on my forum is far better than many other forums started with me.

If you have time you can come and take a look, you will find many informative things there from Photoshop tutorials to search engine optimization guidelines everything is there.

glitto, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  10. NickR25

NickR25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I wouldn't base the success of a forum on the statistics alone, I think there is room for improvement. I just launched a forum barely two weeks ago and we have been averaging 800-1000 posts per day.

You are in a competitive niche, so it isn't the easiest thing to do.

Best of luck to 'ya! :)

NickR25, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  11. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Yea I am in a very competitive niche but am ready to take the challenge.

Things do not change in a day, the forum is growing slowly but confidently. Traffic is growing every month, new members joining every day and we are being linked back by some other sites as well, without asking for link :)

glitto, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  12. NickR25

NickR25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know things don't change in a day, but I"m just saying that it did for me. Our niches our comparably similar, but not completely - mine is more targeted and specific for yours.

Obviously there is a market for it out there, but you've just gotta be extremely dedicated. You should be posting 10-20 new threads per day. When my site launched and immediately took off, I observed that members wouldn't create their own threads but they would reply to anything and everything I posted. So create threads, ask questions, involve the members, and they should all respond and be interested.

By the way, are you interested in an affiliate button (88x31) link exchange (free)?

NickR25, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  13. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed :)

Correct. New members are interested more in replying to the existing threads than creating new topics. And for that I post new topics everyday.

Nope. I am not interested. Thanks for the offer.

glitto, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  14. Elvos

Elvos Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been a member of your forum for many months and to be honest I like the quality of content you post there. Very helpful for every webmaster.

Yes it is not that big forum as compare to DP but don't worry about it, keep working hard and you will see the good results soon.

Elvos, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  15. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, Thats okay. I started my forum and I started getting 3,000 - 5,000 posts per month. And it grew every month. :)!

Sir Rusty, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  16. MhW

MhW Active Member

Best Answers:
    You needn't worry about that, it's the Administrators responsibility in the early stages to get involved as much as possible by posting discussion worthy topics, replying to most topics and contributing regularly - "leading by example" some would say.

Having looked at your forum, I can't see anything wrong with it. The thing is you've started a forum with massive competition from places like DigitalPoint hanging over you right from the start, so naturally it's going to be hard to lure members to your forum. At this stage, the important thing for you will be to keep hold of your core set of members, keep them posting regularly and sooner or later the other guests will follow.

Additionally, try not to focus on your post count too much. I reckon it's better to have a good community rather than a popular one. :)

MhW, Jun 14, 2009 IP
    glitto likes this.
  17. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    I think at the begining we should foucs on the forum status very much, we must post more interesting post, and attract more visitors and convert them to members!

SunstarShop, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  18. samz28

samz28 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am doing my best to put new and interesting posts up all the time. I just wish people would visit more and then they would see the work I have put into mine. We have only been going for 3 months, and i have worked hard at the topics to keep people interested. Do you think the name affects the amount of visitors you get into a forum, and ofcourse the front page, as I dont thin the front page looks interesting, but once you get into it, its a different story??? I am alone there now:(:(:(

samz28, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  19. samz28

samz28 Peon

Best Answers:
    forgot to say-we also have a free draw every month for people that post-giving away £10 gif voucher or free bottle of spiritd=s fo your choice--:D

samz28, Jun 26, 2009 IP