1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords and Click bank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Brian123, Jul 23, 2006.

Has anyone had any success with this method, using AdWords to divert traffic directly to your Click bank affiliate?
    It looks like a good idea on paper, but does it work?

Brian123, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  2. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it works very well. You just have to do a lot of research before setting up your campaign. Try to target specific keywords and create a landing page for each keyword, in that page you can put the benefits of the product (benefits, not features) and then put a buy it now link which will redirect them to the merchant's website.

for a great guide for using adwords with clickbank check Theiinside, with a daily limit of $10 throughout 7 days he managed to get over $120 in profit.

danielbruzual, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  3. ColaDesigns

ColaDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, but google is cracking down on people who just have the display url as one page and then their affiliate url as the delivery.... and also on people who are simply forwarding from theirsite.com to their affiliate link.

now its becoming more and more necessary to create landing pages and what not, google is preparing a CPA program and wants to get rid of poor quality pages

ColaDesigns, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  4. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for the sound advise DB, but I was thinking of linking directly to the affiliates page, would this still work, or would creating a landing page be the best option?

5. danielbruzual

Best Answers:
    It would still work, but it's better if you have your own landing page so you can target keywords individually instead of showing the same page to all visitors which leads to higher conversion rates.

6. Brian123

Best Answers:
    Just to clear this up, (sounding a bit stupid!), a landing page is just a simple one page, promoting a bit about your click bank product, and then a link at the bottom of it linking to the affiliates web site?

7. danielbruzual

Best Answers:
    The landing page is the page where the users that click on your add will be taken to. Let's say that you are promoting an ebook on how to cook with pastrami and you are targeting different search phrases, so you would create a different ad and landing page for each search phrase:

{Old school pastrami recipes}<-this is the search phrase

Old School Pastrami Recipes
    Cook your pastrami, old school style!
    old school pastrami cookbook $49.99

for this particular ad you could make a landing page like this: www.pastramiexperts.com/oldschoolpastramirecipes/
    with a big header saying "Old School Pastrami Recipes" so that the visitor knows that he will get what he was searching for and all the benefits he will get when he buys your book (girls dig guys who can cook, etc.)

8. Brian123

Best Answers:
    Once again, thank you for the sound advise!
    All I need to do now is find out the best selling click bank products...... :)

9. danielbruzual

Best Answers:
    Actually, best selling products mean that there is a lot of competition, so beware. Go for something that you like, that you know you would buy.

10. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't send your traffic to your own page then you end up competing with the other affiliates (and the product vendor) as to who gets their ad displayed. See What is Google's affiliate advertising policy? for details.

Last Friday I wrote a post about how affiliate landing pages will have to change.

Eric Giguere, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  11. Brian123

Best Answers:
    Useful info Eric, thanks. I have given it ago now, I have a landing page, and I have set my AdWords account to £5 per day, the page links to my Clickbank affiliate. Could some of you take a look, and tell me if it seems okay, I know it's a bit spammy, but I would value your input!

Thanks, 1zx

Brian123, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  12. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    Get rid of the AdSense. You want people to click your affiliate link, not to click ads. Also, if you're going to use British terms like "quid" you should make sure that you use geographic targeting in AdWords to only show your ads in the UK, Americans won't go for that.

The black lettering on the medium blue background is a bit hard to read. You'd be better off putting the text on white.

Writing a good sales page that converts well is an art. It will take you several tries to get it right. You might want to try adding some eye-catching graphics, too.

Eric Giguere, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  13. Brian123

Best Answers:
    Thanks EG, I will remove the ads. The lettering should be in a box with is white, and the page background is blue. It loading okay my end, anyone else see it as a problem?

Thanks

Brian123, Jul 24, 2006 IP