1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God exist?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by scylla, May 13, 2009.

1. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow...2 completely retarded posts in a row. you have beat everone on DP as the most clueless person I have seen on here since nehamiya (or whatever that morons name was). These religion posts are retarded. You belive in an invisible man in the sky because fairy tales from the bronze age written by man to explain things that they did not know any other way to explain them.

Most of us believe things based on articulable facts...an invisible friend that lives in the sky is not that.

According to the US election, 51% of people believe Obama is differant than Bush. As stox said, what does this say? Other than people are bats ass crazy?

And please, show me where we have said we believe we came from chimps?

And heck, even that is more plausible than an invisible friend that lives in the sky.

Riddle me this batman, if we have free will, than, how does your invisible friend do miracles for people when they ask? How does he here those millions of prayers at any given time?

If your invisible friend is truely a just god, than why does he allow infants and innocent civilians to die? Why does he allow suffering and pain? Is it because he is a sadist?

Why does he requoire you think like your an asshole and he is the only way you can be saved from being an asshole?

Why are there so many religions if there is only one god? What about the greeks? Since they thought there were multiple gods, did they go to hell? Were they forgiven for ignorance? Heck, I'd be more willing to believe there were a group of gods acting together than one guy.

hostlonestar, May 26, 2009 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right then. Your question was "Does God Exist" Well that is what Faith is. You have a choice to believe in/of Him or not.

My dad asked me once.. Son, do you believe in God? Yes of course dad I said. No Son, he said. You don't believe in God you only believe of God. So true.

I believe in God. Because I have heart and because I want to see the people who I love again one day!!!!!!!!!

I don't want this all to be in vain do you get me DP members??? Do you get me???????

Anyway... Better to believe in God and find out He doesn't exist than to not believe in Him and find out He does!!!

Right??

Stick that in ya pipe and choke on it you athiests you..

I'm angry at God though.. So angry at him :(

Mkcoy, May 26, 2009 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ mhostlonestar
    You say the other posts were retarded yet your post is undefined of knowledge.

The reason there are crappy things in the world is because of man NOT because of GOD you fool!

Well cus He is God duhhh!!

He is omnicient

Mkcoy, May 26, 2009 IP
  4. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All that religious violence...again...tired of it...Pfffff....

So I can assume he's watching, not moving a single finger about it? Is he a perv' or something? as I write this, a little girl, somewhere on this planet is rapped, right now, under God's eyes and nothing is done against it...
    Is He watching the 25,000 infants that died yesterday of malnutrition, the 25,000 dying today and the 25,000 who'll die tomorrow, without doing anything?
    Well, I'd rather prefer there is no God out there....

Codythebest, May 26, 2009 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Better hope you picked the right one then... which did you go for? Xipe? Ymir? Zeus?

Or are you more of a traditionalist... By traditionalist i mean did you pick the one which happens to be the one favoured by the majority of people who live in whichever part of the planet you come from?

stOx, May 26, 2009 IP
  6. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

All hail the lord! Thine shell is but a reminder of perfection! What Would Horseshoe Crabs Do? WWHCD. All Infidels will be purged! Surely a creature unchanged for 500 million years is indeed proof of perfection!

Jackuul, May 26, 2009 IP
  7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed...

Perfection......

Perfect for me to poop on!!!

Obamanation, May 26, 2009 IP
  8. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you aint too tough to pray, gangsters pray, thugs pray
    Tell me somethin if you ain't prayin where would y'all be today?
    Where would y'all momma be today? How would you be here?
    Somebody prayin' for you!

When your life is lookin bad luck and you are about to be set upon on all sides by knive weilding thugs about to snatch your life, you tellin me you dont ask God for help?

Of course you do!

Mkcoy, May 26, 2009 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't prayed since i was 5. I cringe every time i see someone muttering to themselves expecting a magical man in the sky to suspend the laws of physics in their favour.

stOx, May 26, 2009 IP
  10. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really. Well that is what faith is. I am sorry that you feel that way.
    I will pray for you :D

Mkcoy, May 26, 2009 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    and i'm sorry you feel incapable of running your own life without the supernatural assistance of an invisible man. Really, i am.

And I'll do the thinking for both of us.

[​IMG]

stOx, May 26, 2009 IP
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't feel incapable of running my life without the "supernatural assistance of an invisible man"

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of. - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
    That just goes to show how polluted your mind is by the things of this age.

Old hairy legs really has pulled the wool over your eyes hasn't he.

Every knee will bow. Every tounge will confess.

Mkcoy, May 26, 2009 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So why do you feel the need to beg for assistance? I assume in the prayer you are fawning over this god, prostrating yourself before him in unquestioning servitude?

Right because the guys who flew the planes into the towers didn't do it because of religion, did they. I think you need to engage reality and stop letting your mind be polluted by the things of 2 millennia ago.

Mine wont. Being a servile parrot for a bronze age cult isn't really my cup o' tea.

stOx, May 26, 2009 IP
  14. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obamanation I see your point.

stOx I am not trying to get on the wrong side of you or fall out with you nor am I trying to force anything on you. We all have a lot to learn and no one really knows for sure so no one can say 100% for sure if God exists or not.

Sure you can sit there until you are blue in the face and absolutely deny He does but that doesn't mean He doesn't. ;)

The same applies for me. I can sit here spouting all day that He does but that doesn't actually mean that He does.

No one knows for sure 100%.

But as I said, that is what faith is.

So you have to agree with me there right??

Sure not now you arnt but on that glorious day when the trumpet sounds and the trees clap your knees will bend and you will tremble and you will be sorry but it will be too late man.

Why not believe anyway man? It's a beautiful thing ya know. Hope for a better life after this crappy one has ended.

Mkcoy, May 26, 2009 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For someone who admits to not knowing you seem to know a lot about what will supposedly happen, Even down the the instruments the magic sky men will be playing (i actually laughed as i was typing that it's so ludicrous)

The ironic thing is, if you were born 7 thousand years ago you would no doubt be telling me about the glorious day Osiris will come back and whisk off all those who managed to convince themselves of shit they know to be false and be attempting the good old threats of damnation.

Like i said, If you are hedging your bets you better hope you picked the right god. because if the abrahamic gods are anything to go by, they are shallow insecure creatures and nothing but servitude and fawning directed specifically at them will do. It's simply not good enough to believe in A god.

I can no more make myself believe in your god than you can make yourself believe in any of the thousands you rejected.

If you truly believe it because it makes you feel better think about the kind of people who delude themselves for peace of mind. They call that denial. it's the equivalent of believing you have won the lottery because you think it makes your dept go away.

Maybe your life wouldn't be so "crappy" if you didn't waste it worshipping a man you invented in the vain hope that he will give you another life, another life you would no doubt waste with your efforts to get a third.

stOx, May 26, 2009 IP
  16. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Lardy! Ya got me! I will confess ma' sins to ya! Oh lawd, I dun belive in ya! An' I nevah will!

*spits*

Jackuul, May 26, 2009 IP
  17. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    stox I just met you on an equal level so wtf is your problem?
    Dont try and force your athiest blind views on me boy!

My life aint crap but life overall on earth is crap and i hope one day there will be no more wankers in the world or murderers and rapists and bombers or people like you with your closed mind! At least open your mind a little bit. Like I said no one does know for sure SO YOU CANT SIT THERE AND SLATE ME FOR MY FAITH AND DECLARE THERE IS NO GOD SO SHUT UP YOU MUPPET!

And yeh but I wasnt born 7000 years ago was i but I wish you was! You are waffling complete BS and you just sound like you are confused yourself lol!!

wtf are you talkin about lol!!! I believe in the God of the bible. The 1st and new testament. There is only 1 God.
    That's my faith and I'm not "diluded" my life isn't "crap". I'm just a little open to anything.

You should learn to see when someone is levelling with you instead of adding petrol to a fire.

Mkcoy, May 27, 2009 IP
  18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No need to throw your toys out of the pram just because i made you think about what you claim to believe.

Having an open mind is good, but be careful your mind isn't so open that your brain falls out. Being "open minded" these days seems to be another way of saying "believing any old shit".

Sorry, but if you feel entitled to tell me that magic men will come down from the sky playing trumpets i am well within my rights to tell you that what you believe is fantasy, wishful thinking and nonsense. If you don't feel capable of taking criticism id suggest you keep your "beliefs" to yourself, or at least don't express them on a forum in which anybody is allowed to respond.

You missed the point. You don't believe in your particular god because you read the book and said "well that makes sense", you believe in it because that is the god traditionally believed in by people who come from your part of the planet at the time you were born. 7 thousands years ago in Egypt it would have been Osiris. 9 thousand years ago in the amazon it would have been the great juju up the mountain.

well that was the god i was talking about. As Dawkins once said;
    "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe the problem is that you are open to anything. Try being a bit more critical, Try actually thinking about things before buying in to them wholesale.

stOx, May 27, 2009 IP
  19. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, way to throw names around. Goes to show just how bad you want to believe in an invisible man in the sky that is magical.

And, congratulations, this post took the cake. It's not your invisible friend's fault there are bad things, but man's? According to you, he created man. That makes it his fault.

You're the reason why people are starting to open their eyes and realize how much of a crack pot the whole religion thing is.

And, curious. What happens to all the people that believe in a different god? What about polytheistic people. What about the ancient Greeks. What about all the other different religions.

If there were really a god, there wouldn't be literally thousands of gods. Religion is just fairy tales made by man to explain things they couldn't explain. Aren't you a little old for an invisible friend and to still believe fairy tales are true?

hostlonestar, May 27, 2009 IP
  20. Guttu

Guttu Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me ask you one question..
    Does devil exist???

If you find answer to this then your question will be answered automatically.

Guttu, May 27, 2009 IP