1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody making money with Associated Content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by kraftzy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. kumar0906

kumar0906 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard that AC paying only to U.S citizens. Is that true?

kumar0906, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  2. Javanx3d

Javanx3d Peon

Best Answers:
    AC got me started writing online content. Without them, I would never have discovered the jobs that pay the bills right now. I still write there, though its more of in-between jobs on content that I don't have a blog or customer to write for. I quit caring about up-front money there a while back, the 1.50 per thousand views to start and bumping up based on your page views isn't too bad. Yeah, there's better, but where else can you publish whatever the heck ya want as long as you follow the TOS?

Anyway, my 2 cents. I started putting some content up on my blog on writing (javanx3d.com) since I was interested in trying out the blog stuff on the topic vice AC so will see which pays better ! :)

Javanx3d, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  3. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I do and I'm neither a US citizen or residing in the States.

Reprobate, May 4, 2009 IP
  4. thejojy

thejojy Member

Best Answers:
    yes article marketing works very well

thejojy, May 4, 2009 IP
  5. course575

course575 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AC is worth only if you are located in U.S as they offer upfront payment only to U.S members and the Non US members are paid peanuts($1.50 for thousand views). You can make anywhere between $3.00 to $20.00 depending upon the niche you select and your content quality ofcourse.

course575, May 5, 2009 IP
  6. aeolson

aeolson Peon

Best Answers:
    I started my career with Associated Content and now help edit category features for them. People who seriously learn how to write for AC get the best profit. Sabah Karimi, who was featured on the CBS Early Show a while ago, makes $1100 a month from Associated Content. Many people there make $500+ a month.

You have to put some effort into it though. You can't throw a couple of articles there, wait, and hope to hit the jackpot. I regularly make anywhere from $0.50 to $12.00 per month on each article IN pageviews. I currently have 80 or so articles up there...so you can do the math. It's definitely not small money, and I use it every month to pay off a few bills.

aeolson, May 5, 2009 IP
  7. Morphineadaicted

Morphineadaicted Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also tried with AC, but i dont think that the pay rates are very attractive these days..

Morphineadaicted, May 9, 2009 IP
  8. ashleyuk

ashleyuk Banned

Best Answers:
    Accosiated Content is a reputed brand though. its with AP guys AP

ashleyuk, May 11, 2009 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Where on earth are you getting that information. Given, I could have missed it, but I don't buy that AC has anything at all to do with AP. They're completely different organizations.

jhmattern, May 11, 2009 IP
  10. Javanx3d

Javanx3d Peon

Best Answers:
    That does bring up a good point with folks that hit me up to start writing around where I live...they all think you can hop on the computer for an hour or two a night and get $1000...I try to explain that it takes a lot of work, but you can at least do it on your couch in your house if you have wireless. About 1 in 10 listen and actually start making some money doing freelance writing. The others seem to move on to the next big thing...AC seems to be the common thread for most normal folks that I've run across in the last year who make ok to decent money writing and are not professional poets.
    Cheers,
    James

Javanx3d, May 13, 2009 IP
  11. webbyox

webbyox Member

Best Answers:
    I started with them and i did not make much, like the lady said good for beginners but then move on to heluim or 101

webbyox, May 15, 2009 IP
  12. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think their rate of $1 per 1000 pageviews is very less. I think there are better options to earn money than go to AC.

anw001, May 15, 2009 IP
  13. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    It pays people only in the US. So it was not for me. I tried but gladly got my article rejected as i included my links in it

coolamazer, May 15, 2009 IP
  14. triunitykey

triunitykey Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can make money with them. It's all about how much you need / want to earn, and how much you value your time and work though.

triunitykey, May 15, 2009 IP
  15. coco0473

coco0473 Peon

Best Answers:
    I started writing for AC as a way to get more stuff published to use as samples of my writing. I know that you can do the same thing at sites like Ezine etc, but at AC you can get published and make a little money at the same time. In the beginning, I would just write articles to submit. But, since they do have so many articles and so many writers, too many times I'd get a reply that the topic was too general and they already had enough on the subject.

So, I quit doing that really early and just started doing their "calls for content". The calls for content are a guaranteed thing as long as you follow the rules and write a fairly decent article. However, they're not real picky, I've read some of the articles they have published and have seen a lot of spelling, capitalization and grammar mistakes.

Their prices have went way down lately, use to my calls for content averaged around $4.00 to $5.00 for a 400 word article. Lately, most of the calls for content are page views only and the ones they do offer to pay for have been between $1 and $3 for 400 to 450 words.

The most I've ever made in one month with them has been around $85. I do still submit articles there now and then, but only when I don't have any other jobs and have the time to waste. And, only on the rare times that they offer a half decent payment.

Someone mentioned that it was a good place to publish anything you want to write, well the only way you can publish anything is to just do it for page views only. They will not just publish anything you write when you want a upfront payment.

If you don't have anything better to do and want to make a few extra bucks, AC don't pay any less than some of the people here want to pay for articles. If you're willing to sell a 500 word article on DP for $2, then you'd actually be better off trying to get it published on AC at least you'll earn a few cents more every month on page views.

Another thing that makes writing for the low rates on AC better than writing for the low rates on DP is that when you get paid from someone on DP, you've got Paypal fees coming out of it. When AC pays you, Paypal doesn't deduct any fees. So, if you write an article for $4 you get the whole $4.

I would recommend it to anyone that is just starting out writing, it's a great way to get some experience while making a little money. Or, as a way to just make a few bucks when you don't have any other jobs.

coco0473, May 16, 2009 IP
  16. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Were they affiliate links?

I'm pretty sure they mention not to link affiliate pages.

Reprobate, May 18, 2009 IP
  17. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    No they were links to my own site home page. One was a web design themed site and another seo related site

coolamazer, May 18, 2009 IP
  18. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    What was the word count on the article? And what was the topic?

Reprobate, May 19, 2009 IP
  19. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few weeks ago this person on youtube sent me a message and asked that I join AC. So I signed up and looked around. But the thing is, must of my stuff is video blogging - that is why I am on youtube. The upload limit of a video at AC is 15 megs. I can't do anything with 15 megs, that is about 15 seconds of content.

As for articles, I only write for myself. So having them published on AC is of no real interest.

I take a lot of pictures for my articles, so that might be a niche I could tap into with AC. But the picture market looks like its flooded. And I mainly do nature photography.

From looking through this thread, it seems that AC targets writers. AC has videos on their site, but I did not see a way to upload 100+ meg video productions. For right now I will just stay with youtube and not worry about AC. As much as I would like to get into AC, it looks like there is no attempt to get video bloggers to promote their materials. If AC was serious about videos, the upload limit would be more like 1 gig, instead of 15 megs.

~kev~, May 19, 2009 IP
  20. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    Word count was 1000+. The article was about web hosting

coolamazer, May 19, 2009 IP