1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SWReg.org a scam?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by mikyur, Oct 20, 2008.

I try to get a refund and their online form doesn't work. No phone number or email address on their website. Anyone know this company?

mikyur, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  2. gh2008

gh2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    SWReg belongs to DigitalRiver which is public company.

gh2008, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  3. johnrep

johnrep Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi mikyur,

I can confidently and accurately say that SWREG is not a scam. We would not condone any acts of fraud. Our value proposition is we offer low pricing for a platform with more features, functionality, payment methods, customization, international payment and shipping capabilities, and more extensive service levels than other competitors at our price.

We apologize for any inconvenience in contacting SWREG. We have just recently launched a new SWREG customer service page (http://cs.swreg.org/) and a SWREG FAQ page (http://faq.swreg.org/) that will answer any questions and concerns that you may have. In addition, we also have a 24 hour customer service center for a very quick response. It will also be helpful to you if you have the original email address associated with your transaction to speed up the process.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

John

Representative for SWREG
    transactions@swreg.org

johnrep, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  4. yrekcazsugg

yrekcazsugg Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been having the same problem. The customer service is terrible, the refund page doesnt work. And they dont return emails. Terrible company to do business with. My product was featured with a 60 day money back guarantee, except THEY dont respond to emails or refund requests! So, No money back!

yrekcazsugg, May 12, 2009 IP
  5. wudipest

wudipest Peon

Best Answers:
    John,

I can confidently and accurately say that SWReg is either a scam or a big rip-off!

You try to reassure everybody about your customer service site but have you tried it yourself? It doesn't work! You cannot send an email or complaint because at the end, the link dies. Judging from a previous post - I am not the only one!

Also - notice throughout the whole essay you wrote there is no mention of a contact phone number. I suspect you don't have one or don't want to deal with your customers directly. You can easily ignore emails but you know very well you cannot ignore phone calls. What are you trying to hide?

I have started a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back because it's clearly pointless trying to contact SWReg.

To everybody else - avoid dealing with them unless you want to give them free money and your credit card details.

wudipest, May 13, 2009 IP
  6. yrekcazsugg

yrekcazsugg Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I'll just start a dispute with my credit card also, I PMed john and emailed others that claim to work for SWReg, still no response. Its all bullshit. What a terrible company. And I bet that this John guy gets paid to say that it is good.

yrekcazsugg, May 13, 2009 IP
  7. card_demon

card_demon Peon

Best Answers:
    Digital River companies may not be a scam but they are high volume low cost like Paypal and they have run with some very disreputable marketing for a long time and upset a lot of people merchants and customers alike from their short term ideas to make money from the customers.

Most of my merchants that I respresent eventually leave them because of their very childish disreputable upsell marketing programs.

Read more in here :
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=11069226

card_demon, May 13, 2009 IP
  8. globalcashsite

globalcashsite Peon

Best Answers:
    When I was choosing a good payment processor for my ebooks selling website then I did some research and also worked on Swreg. But I find bad things about them. They even send SPAM to emails of their client's clients. And also problem about payments.

SWReg is not a good payment processor.

GCS

globalcashsite, May 14, 2009 IP
  9. RealOldNick

RealOldNick Peon

Best Answers:
    I am adding my thoughts to this thread.I don't _think_ SWREG is a scam, but the site is absolutely awful. I tried to place an order, and ended placing four, which are now described as "attempts"

At one stage I tried to delete an item (red - button), and immediately a page popped up saying I had completed my order!

The Contact page is completely useless. I entered my email, wrote my complaint and was asked to enter my email, and again, and again etc.

I have deleted cookies, tried FireFox, Fuirefox in IE mode, IE, to no avail.

I think scammers would have a better site!:rolleyes:

RealOldNick, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  10. iPlastic

iPlastic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just registered with this site to chime in on SWREG. Nice complaint procedure - basically they take you to the end of a dark cave and leave you there. Definitly not legitimate. I will never purchase anything through them again.

iPlastic, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  11. RealOldNick

RealOldNick Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's a hoot isn't it....well....not really.

They must have stopped the complaints procedure..... because they were getting too many complaints. :D

AFAIK they _are_ legit. Many vendors use them. I just cannot understand why!

Nick

RealOldNick, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  12. globalcashsite

globalcashsite Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys

They are guaranteed SCAM.

GCS

globalcashsite, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  13. RealOldNick

RealOldNick Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any cites for that? Not saying you are wrong, but they get used by a lot of vendors, and have been around for a while. I have used them some time in the past and there was no trouble at all, that I remember.

RealOldNick, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  14. rseekery

rseekery Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa.
    Is it a scam?
    I can see many vendors use them.

rseekery, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  15. Gallabanga

Gallabanga Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend you contact Digital River. They seem like a pretty legitimate company.

Gallabanga, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  16. Gallabanga

Gallabanga Peon

Best Answers:
  17. Slumdog_Millionaire

Slumdog_Millionaire Member

Best Answers:
    Scam ............

Slumdog_Millionaire, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  18. petjelly

petjelly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i m a new user of swreg. So far so good. What i does not like about them is they advertise their products int he payment receipt email to my customers

petjelly, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  19. david_b

david_b Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Everyone,

I saw the <a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/SWREG/99734731538?v=wall&viewas=0">swreg facebook</a> page that I think you guys should check out. I really like the service and it was easy to set up and process multiple payment methods by just contacting them through facebook or through their customer support system

-David

david_b, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  20. milesl53

milesl53 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This SWREG/Digital River is the biggest rip off
    i've seen in a long while.

Also their customer "Universal Bot" is a scam also!

I cannot contact them using any means!

My only way to get my money back will be a CC
    charge back I hope.:eek:

milesl53, Jul 23, 2009 IP